• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Battlefield Balkan Modified Event

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

BATTLEFIELD_BALKAN.png

Greetings HelloClan community!​

It sure has been a hot minute since our last event (Dice City). Unfortunately, we've all been a bit busy but I promise we have not been sleeping!

With that said, here is our next event!

Battlefield Balkan 1991-1995​

What is this even?

Well, it's been brought up enough and then further suggested by @TKO_Flight447 so I thought we'd run with this and give it a bash.

What is the mod about you may ask?​

The Battlefield Balkan mod for Battlefield Vietnam was designed to offer a fresh and unique gaming experience within a different setting. It transports players to the conflict zones of Croatia and Bosnia & Herzegovina during the years 1991-1995, with a selection of 39 historically inspired maps that capture the essence of the wars in these regions.

Within this mod, you'll encounter distinct factions, each with their own gameplay style, adding a dynamic and engaging element to the battlefield.

This mod is taking place on our Allmaps server!
November 11th 2023 @ 7PM UTC!

Notice;​

Because it is my intention to try get us to play all of the maps that Balkan has to offer, we will have a 15min map timer (adjustments may be made) to get us through all of them and to ensure that there isn't excessively long play times. Likewise, the server limit will be reduced to 32 (will be increased if we do get higher counts) to reduce the tickets available if they are excessive.

The event and mod will be played the entire weekend. Regular server maps will return from Monday night along with our normal server limit.

How do I install the mod?​

This mod is going to be a two-part install plus a guide to edit the shortcut, the first to download the actual mod and the second to download the multiplayer maps. I will try to make this as clear and simple as possible, please note that I will be on hand to provide assistance with the mod installation - if it is required please post in this forum:

Installation part 1:​

1.1. Head over to the above link and download the full mod file. It is 1.91gb so I wish good luck to those that have...questionable internet speeds.
1.2. Once downloaded, extract the file using WinRAR / 7zip or if using Windows 10/11 you will be able to extract it using file explorer. For this guide I'll be using WinRAR.

To extract it, right click on the file > hover over WinRAR to see the right option or just straight out click on Open with WinRAR.
1697926034733.png

You'll then see this screen where you must click on the "Extract To" option then you'll see the center window where you can just click on "Ok".
1697926119278.png

Once extracted, you will see it as a Folder back in your Downloads (or wherever you initially saved the file to):
1697926281073.png

Head into the extracted file until you see the "BfBalkan folder, then you're going to Right Click on it and click "Copy":
1697926437252.png

Once copied, you're now going to go to where Battlefield Vietnam is installed on your computer. Normally it is installed in either of the following locations:

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam
or
C:\Program Files (86)\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam

Once you find the right place, you'll see your game directory:
1697926556402.png

We're going to head into the "Mods" folder, then Right Click on an empty space and then click on "Paste". Note my folder already has the mod in it.
1697926614513.png

This part is now done, but remember where your game directory is because we're going back in for the next part!

Installation part 2:​

2.1. Head over to the above link and download the multiplayer maps. They're roughly 680mb (not so bad).
2.2. Once downloaded, extract the file again as we did in part 1. Once extracted, we're going into the folder:
1697926854529.png

You'll see a "Levels" folder inside of it, we're going to Right Click on it and click "Copy":
1697926921975.png

Next, we're going back to our Battlefield Vietnam game directory, into the "Mods" folder and further into the "BfBalkan" folder:

1697926994193.png

Head into the "Archives" folder:
1697927004574.png

Head into the "BFVietnam" folder:
1697927037863.png

Finally, right click on an empty space and click on "Paste":
1697927098935.png

You'll see this popup asking if you want to replace existing files, click "Replace the files in the destination":
1697927148206.png

You're nearly done! All that is left now is just to create a special shortcut for you!

Creating a custom shortcut:​

Creating a Desktop shortcut (if you don't have one for BFV already):
Head to where your game directory is again and we're going to Right Click on the "Bfvietnam.exe" file, hover over the "Send to" option and click on "Desktop (create shortcut)
1697927986425.png

Editing the Desktop shortcut:

Right click on the shortcut and click on "Create Shortcut":
1697927360535.png

Now you will have two Battlefield Vietnam shortcuts on your Desktop, one for the normal game and one will launch the mod. Right click on any one and click on "Properties":
1697927417652.png

You'll then see this:
1697927455898.png

All you need to do here is just add the following to the end of the "Target" field after the inverted commas "

+game BfBalkan

It is important to note that there needs to be a space between the " and the +game BfBalkan so for reference it looks like this on my shortcut:
1697927568116.png

Once done, click on "Apply" and "Ok" then you're done! You can rename the shortcut by Right Clicking on it and clicking on "Rename" if you don't want to confuse them. ;)

Checkout some select screens here and of course check all the info and videos on the mod via it's ModDB page! Naturally, a huge thank you to Laufer and his team that made this mode possible as well as easy enough to use in a multiplayer environment!

13.jpg
11.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
1.jpg

See you on the Battlefield!​

Last edited:

DiscoMagpie

Forum Newbie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
12:23 PM
Reaction score
I'm really glad we'll get to play this mod, ever since I saw it I really wanted to play it multiplayer, and this will be a great chance to do so! I've always wanted to play something related to the Yugoslav Wars, and this mod seems like a good attempt of an FPS of it, so I can't wait to play this with everyone who usually plays Vietnam on our server!

DiscoMagpie

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
After giving the mod a go in singleplayer, I have to say I can't wait to play this in the server, if we can get over 20 players consistently it's gonna be a blast 😄 Something I have noted though, the ticket loss when having few maps is rather slow, I suppose that might be true for normal Battlefield Vietnam, I haven't played singleplayer for years.

Another thing is that some maps seem to have no ticket loss even after losing all flags, which could lead to a potentially slow game (all maps I played had 300+ tickets). Still, this mod has so much potential, the more people we can get to play it, the more fun it will be!

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:23 AM
Reaction score
After giving the mod a go in singleplayer, I have to say I can't wait to play this in the server, if we can get over 20 players consistently it's gonna be a blast 😄 Something I have noted though, the ticket loss when having few maps is rather slow, I suppose that might be true for normal Battlefield Vietnam, I haven't played singleplayer for years.

Another thing is that some maps seem to have no ticket loss even after losing all flags, which could lead to a potentially slow game (all maps I played had 300+ tickets). Still, this mod has so much potential, the more people we can get to play it, the more fun it will be!
This will be addressed by the Hello team before the event to ensure a smooth progressive gameplay through the event.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This will be addressed by the Hello team before the event to ensure a smooth progressive gameplay through the event.
Thanks, that's why I gave that attention, hopefully no one will be disappointed in the timespan of the maps.

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, that's why I gave that attention, hopefully no one will be disappointed in the timespan of the maps.
There are a LOT of maps with this mod, with a LOT of tickets...

Realistically, playing through all the maps will not be likely to happen over the span of an afternoon/evening, so we will try to make the best possible experience with the limited time we have to run the event.

Local time
Reaction score
If anybody has Laufer's (creator of the Balkan MOD) contact info, please feel free to let them know about this event or PM one of the staff members here and we will contact them and invite to the event.
He intentado enviarle un mensaje desde mi antigua cuenta de moddb pero no me ha respondido, volvere a intentar dialogar con el para que se entere sobre este evento

Back