• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The official public Mainrape Poll

Should we add a new anti-mainrape rule to Allmaps?

• No

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Either way is fine

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:19 AM
Reaction score
Captain Mack said:
.. lotsa opinion...
The changes were due to player behaviors and the admins wanted it simple and cleancut.
If you have read the comments you can see they, admins, have done a good job. Atleast in my humble opinion.

The server seems to work more smoothly. There are NOT that many to choose from so its important we can all share!

So hopefully can everybody enjoy themselves and perhaps You, Cpt. Mack, too :cool:

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Captain Mack said:
Oh my goodness, a mere 26 responses is NOT a representation of the entire group.

This poll is not the only source of information. Players were asked in-game and I've seen players say things along the line of "It's not last flag" even prior to it being a rule.

Captain Mack said:
Back then we had spectator view on, which helped outing hackers. Why is that gone?

It's gone because it refuses to work, although I'll admit I've not put lots of effort into trying to enable it. If you turn it on the server then decides to turn it off. I think we all know It would also be abused.

Captain Mack said:
Rape shields? why can't you just add additional equipment? ZSU's F4's and whatever.

There are currently no shields. Players are asked to not rape if they do and, at the moment, killed when they do it then kicked if they continue. On most maps I agree and I'd certainly rather look into adding additional defences before placing an artificial shield.

Maxwell Smart

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I dont have a problem with mainrape both sides do it so that sort of evens the odds and if you really dont like it just dont spawn at the base that is being raped its not that hard to avoid mainrape if you really dont like it.

Maxwell Smart

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I also think a main shield would be a good idea for some things like planes and huey and mi 8 like max said but still need to allow it for transport helos so they can capture mains

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I dont think it is allowed, but it still happens

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
[RUS]WarrioR said:
Is it allowed to rape airfields on Flaming Dart, where there are no main flags? And what about spawn towers?

If all flags, Dong island-temple-village, are taken by Us-> feel free to rape/hover/circle like you wish
All flags, see above, by NVA->feel free to rape/hover/circle like you wish

However... if "many" player complain it "could" be better to avoid raping or even to switch teams to improve gameplay-> it usually makes gameplay better and improves spirit amongst most if not all players

Use common sense! isnt a good gameplay better than being right even to annoy the crap of others that may quit playing...

So use common sense!

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
NVA, however, rapes the shit all the time... at least that is what I had seen recently
It kinda sucks if you need to RTB your cobra, taking flags and shit, and then get killed by Mig on the helipad... and I did not even get close to their airfields

heres some apropriate music for the US side on Dart...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IPzwiKk0BE

B

BlackHawk0012

Weird that rape still happens even when im banned.
That wasnt suppose to happen... Im the only raper in this server. or so i was convinced of it by others.

Weird... Isnt it?

-[HELLO]-phatcat

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:19 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Jonathan Fraley
cheddar is good

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
BlackHawk0012 said:
That wasnt suppose to happen... Im the only raper in this server. or so i was convinced of it by others.

Weird... Isnt it?

You had just the unfortunate privilege to be the most known raper... It is really unfair, because mainrape was only a small part of your abilities. You really excelled on city maps... <3
...oh and I almost forgot the mig rams, or was it bojangles?

-[HELLO]-phatcat said:
cheddar is good

That is a matter of preference... I like roquefort more

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
and did someone just create like 7 fake accounts to even the vote??

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
deeteekay said:
BlackHawk0012 said:

Weird... Isnt it?

I was on the other day playing Hastings and rape was going on left and right. Hell, I wanted to test the admins (sorry SK) and I killed a few folks using the Mi-8 at US main. I received no warnings and no complaints.

Along with the no rape rule being poorly enforced, I think the rule in general takes away from the server. If I recall correctly, SK made a remark stating that the server's success was partly in due to the unaltered state of the maps. I believe the no rape rules should be abandoned immediately.

The problem with this rule is upholding it.
I know I've missed people that I've been told are raping because it's difficult to watch your own team to see if they rape, watch the enemy team to see if they rape your main and play the game. On most air maps now I either spend my time spectating my team's pilots or standing at main to see if I get killed by the enemy and if I'm not doing that I tend to be killing people/getting flags and I'd prefer not to suicide just to see if someone is raping as the few times I have it tends to be over already.

The comment you made about the unaltered state of the server being the reason it has survived is what I've been told but with this likely being our last month with as many people I don't see the harm in trying stuff; rules like this will also be essential post-gamespy as if we end up with 10 regular people, 5 on a team are not going to want to be killed as they spawn just trying to get some air support up.

Regarding Dart, that map is a pain to uphold it on as there are so many air vehicles and then you also have to decide if they were trying to target the towers or if they were in pursuit of an enemy. (This rule should not be an excuse to stay at your main and shoot down enemies whilst not being allowed to be killed yourself) This is where the bubble idea came in as it could enforce itself to an extent and allow both ground and air combat to take place simultaneously on the mainland.

You can probably say the same about Saigon 1968. If the US has their main and only tunnel flags we can't really expect the MI-8 to just fly about the map as in that situation the US main is the only flag the mi-8 can even attempt to attack.

In order to get this rule working to a satisfactory level feedback is definitely going to be important for us in understanding how people want it to be and how we should uphold it on certain maps but, personally, I like it so far. We have had some good air combat as both teams can get airborne and I have not seen many people complaining about the raping like they used to.

Captain Mack

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ah, this debate has been going on for years.
it's the helicopter and airplane people standing around pads like its some sort of "bus stop" waiting for aircraft to appear who complain the most.
I've seen people complain about main rape when there are plenty of other flags their side has captured to respawn on.
That's the key to wining the game, the rapists will just concentrate on the main as its easy killing around those "bus stops", well then, get out as a foot solider and take the flags, you may even have the chance of capturing the rapists main as it will be often unguarded. The rapists will loose.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Captain Mack said:
ah, this debate has been going on for years.
it's the helicopter and airplane people standing around pads like its some sort of "bus stop" waiting for aircraft to appear who complain the most.
I've seen people complain about main rape when there are plenty of other flags their side has captured to respawn on.
That's the key to wining the game, the rapists will just concentrate on the main as its easy killing around those "bus stops", well then, get out as a foot solider and take the flags, you may even have the chance of capturing the rapists main as it will be often unguarded. The rapists will loose.

This is no longer a debate mate its a current rule :)

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:19 AM
Reaction score
Vmax said:
This is no longer a debate mate its a current rule :)

I'm fairly impressed that he looked through three years of discussions to find this one to comment on.

Back