• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The official public Mainrape Poll

Should we add a new anti-mainrape rule to Allmaps?

• No

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Either way is fine

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

GI 4Ever

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score
pinky said:
Max, please enable screencaptures for admins. I just got in the game to see posts by several players pointing out that player using ID "Player" was map hacking. They were right. It's easy to catch them. Just camp in middle of nowhere - they find you easily. I quit the game. Not going to play with rape and hackers.

Don't forget, he quit over Mr.Orange!!! :O

T

TonyB

Quit meaning I exit the game boys. Don't get too excited about me quitting. The day will come when the game ends for me. I probably won't play much with the weather change coming. I love the summer. Bought a new bike and plan on riding the piss out of it.

I've gotten over the Orange thing. I took shit about using "noob" too many times. Looking back, Orange was probably right. I had had a bad day. Orange also suggested I take a break from the game. Guess what, I did. I came back and felt much better so Orange, thank you. Appreciate what you did to help out a friend.

As for the UPEO boys, especially Demon, I get a charge out of your in-game posts about me "whining" on the forums. There's a place here for player complaints. It's a special place. I'm glad you can freely whine all over the forums.

See you in game - rapist no more. It's going to end for you. Soon. Especially if I can get Max to enable screenshots in the client.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
1:33 AM
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Lets keep focus here, right ?

We don't need to point fingers on who could have done more or who didn't know how to do this and what you did was to late.

Focus , focus...

We have a lot of good things going on here and lots of positives.

I have cookies for all of you , some will get 2 or 3 and others may get 5 or 6. :p

Were on track here, lets work on the details and get it done...

Also, I don't get a cookie either , if that helps.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I do like the bubble of death. We used to run it on the old TKO server. Its not perfect but its a great deterrent.
There's nothing funnier watching a pro raper trying to hang in there while loosing health to get kills at main.

The beauty of it is , you will see it get tested and they try and try and try.

Get your popcorn ready !

We could start a thread on " bubble of death addicts ". For dummies that relentlessly try to test the bubble.

B

BlackHawk0012

mRoRange said:
I do like the bubble of death. We used to run it on the old TKO server. Its not perfect but its a great deterrent.
There's nothing funnier watching a pro raper trying to hang in there while loosing health to get kills at main.

Get your popcorn ready !

We could start a thread on " bubble of death addicts ". For dummies that relentlessly try to test the bubble.

Or you could just leave sa7 kits inside usa main's and nva mains.
Its easy to kill mi8 with sa7.

But hey, i suggest we ban rapists thugs and also forbid ramming.

While you are on it, in its trip to save the server, why dont you guys grow some balls and do something about punkbuster ? Thank you.

G

GoodHash

Hi Orange, I like this idea about death area, on KGC we call it main shields.
But here comes the question: is it possible to make an auto remove of the shield when team has only main?Because the original bubble is more suitable for airwarz like kgc, I mean I would be glad with original shield , but what about others(very strange I care but anyway)?I think you guys could have a coop work with KGC modders, especially KGC Scooby - presently, he built the greatest modded server , he knows how it works; and maybe Scoob have any better thoughts - u definitely should have a chat with him.

But if u ask Hash - I'd better like to see some more AA power on maps, than shields.Or make a combo shields+2quads+2 mutts (for us team,Hastings).Nva team doesn't need anything IMHO maybe BM21.

Undoubtedly this game needs more mods ; and I believe that carefully step for step we can make it better.

Many things to think about for administration.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, in that the balance of it all will be probably experimental at first.
Meaning, what is launched could morph and evolve as time goes on. That's the challenge I see.

And that's what I was saying in my earlier post and joking at the same time. This is no easy rule addition Also there was no quick decision to do this because of how its going to be managed and be accepted. Everyone is quick to point fingers on who should have done this, blah ,etc...

However, this is a huge change for this server and a delicate one at the same time. We can't make a bunch of mistakes on this and piss off a bunch players at the same time. Its got to be done right and as best as it can.

Maybe adding another thread on how to implement it in different situations would help.

We should get past the , when , where , why and who did or didn't do it.
Its now how and the best way to do it.

Ideas are welcome .... ;)

Deltoya

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
:idea: another idea can be: forbbiden "spawn kill" with helis ..circles circles and more circles thumbsup0

bloodbath311

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
mRoRange said:

Get your popcorn ready !

I like the way you put it! :lol:

Let's do it!

Bring on the bubble of death! (fist pumps) x)

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
toxic2 said:
So how long is the poll going to stay active?

I just realized I should probably vote before someone actually closes this poll.

T

TonyB

My opinion is that you simply have a rule about it. We know who the main rapists are. We all know. So you simply have a rule, if you rape - ban. The regulars who rape main will already know the rule. So some new guy comes along, they are easy to shoot down. If the professional rapists would simply stop raping, we wouldn't need this discussion.

The HHK server addressed these issues. They had a rule at HHK, no main raping unless last flag. It wasn't a problem. Everybody knew the rule and if a new player came along and wanted to engage in main raping, there were warnings, admin kills, boot. It worked fine.

Other pluses at HHK:

They set up the Hastings map so that mains could not be taken.

They fixed the helo pads so that players could not stand on the pads. If you did, your health started down, like what happens when you go AWOL.

Great discussion on the topic but again, my pitch is simply change the rules. Some of us have Xfire. If a regular resorts to main raping when no admins are on, and I am on, I will record it. If it is recorded, it would be nice to see punishment handed down to the offending thugs.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
I think the results will not change much... but IDK, maybe admins should encourage people on server to come to the forums and vote too...

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
10:33 AM
Reaction score
I don't think adding extra Quads is an option because

A) it ruins the feel of the map (HELLO has always been unmodded and extra vehicles very quickly make the map look bad)
B) it's a lack of action of players that causes this problem in the first place.

Therefore a bubble is the best option. I know it's possible code-wise to make it apply to vehicles only, I've seen it on both BFV and BF1942 servers, which are quite similar.

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
toxic2 said:
Day 6 of the poll.
Do we wait a full week?
How long before we can install the new rule?

just between me and you toxic, I will believe it when I log onto the server and a magic bubble is in place..

and I like the idea of giving the crazy mofos that play this game more weapons and the means to be able to shoot the enemy down rather than a magic bubble.

A. 

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Freshblood said:
and I like the idea of giving the crazy mofos that play this game more weapons and the means to be able to shoot the enemy down rather than a magic bubble.

why? its magic...
4f881759090bd.gif

anyway, the result of the poll is...

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
CommandoBeta said:
I don't think adding extra Quads is an option because

A) it ruins the feel of the map (HELLO has always been unmodded and extra vehicles very quickly make the map look bad)
B) it's a lack of action of players that causes this problem in the first place.

I agree! Especially the behaviors in the players are the foremost /problem/possibility to improve
...so spot-on Ron! :D

Can we/some1(admin) please Close this poll, its getting annoying... :xp: >.< :/

Go Teamwork Go :cool:

Captain Mack

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Oh my goodness, a mere 26 responses is NOT a representation of the entire group.

But the again maybe it is a representation of the current group playing?

These Hello Vietnam maps seem to have been hijacked by a very small group, no one else cares or plays the game any more.

Gone are the days where you couldn't get on a map due to too many players, I miss those days where I and Hello used to pilot the Huey and Mi-8 to attack dare I say it mains. All legal might I add.

Gone are the days when the hills in Hastings and Flaming Dart were covered in snipers.

Back then we didn't have admins killing players because someone from the other side stole his Huey, everyone had fun.

Back then we had spectator view on, which helped outing hackers. Why is that gone?

The maps were popular for many years and for one reason, they were PURE BFV MAPS.

Rape shields? why can't you just add additional equipment? ZSU's F4's and whatever.

Working now in China and very little time for computer games these days, I missed the maps. But after reading what's happened over the past months, I'm glad I stopped playing BFV, now only fun memories to look back on.

Back