• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

The official public Mainrape Poll

Should we add a new anti-mainrape rule to Allmaps?

• No

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Either way is fine

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello fellow Battlefield Vietnam soldiers,

As most of you have noticed, there's alot of commotion about mainraping. Is it allowed? Or is it not? Do I get banned if I mainrape? Or, When can I mainrape? Why did others get kicked in the past?

Let me just awnser all of those right now: Yes, mainraping is still allowed. No, you will not get banned or kicked for mainraping. You can still mainrape, no matter what. So why did some get warned or kicked for mainraping in the past though? Well, it was a little experiment by some of our administrators, to see how most of you would react on such rule change. It seems that most of you see it as something really positive when we have mainraping (partly) banned from our server.

Now personally I don't mind mainraping too much. It has been part of BFV for a long time, and there are many ways of dealing with mainraping ingame. However most of you think otherwise and are dying for a need of change. To understand roughly how many of you want to have the current rules changed, we've made this poll.

The poll is about a possible new rule to be added: "Mainraping with air-vehicles is not allowed unless the mainbase it the only flag held by the enemy team"
In addition to this: This will not solve problems around mainraping when very few players are online (20 or less), but it gives us a general idea about how you feel about such a rule being implented.

Feel free to debate this subject below once more ;)

Regards,

Max

bloodbath311

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
This thread surely to EXPLODE soon! :lol:

Mixed emotions. Don't want to chase off any players with new rules but don't want regular players chased off with the way things are now.

When I was admin for RCN, we had main rape rules in place. It met with certain resistance. But it worked. This will too if implemented.

However, some may think it's a rule against them personally. It's nothing personal. People are tired of certain people dominating the air.

Certain people only play air maps and coordinate a situation bad enough to piss off the pope! As I've mentioned to UPEO, don't manipulate situations that can cause a bad light upon their clan. However, UPEO not the only one's who air rape. There are many pilots that attack unmercifully. Let it be known.

We're at a weird stage in the "last stage" of this game we all love.

To be honest, it's only asking players to hold off on ONE FLAG till the others are taken. Is that asking too much?

As an admin, I will respectfully enforce what rules we have now or in the future.

Signed,
Perplexed as hell (aka bloodbath)

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Max I have nothing but respect for you but posting this poll after Flower made his posts looks alot like you just dicked him over good....and my guess is this is coming from somewhere else.

Deltoya

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
okay to get an idea of what the majority think...but....

i think.....if Admin watching rapin when 7 vs 6,8 vs 8,9 vs 7, etc etc...then can warn and kick or kill the fkn unfair.also last flag rule is good....but not with all maps(lang vei is imposible last flag rule)
Playing BFV when players are few.....all players must wait enemy!!! that is and can be the new rule!! i think!!

sry my english with and/or without Google translate!!

pd.- I want to keep killing rapers,but always when more than 10 vs. 10,more or less according to the criterion of the administrator.

i cant vote yes or not ... :) all is more easy ....if when admin on.....the new rule can be:"according to the criterion of the administrator".

I and many of those who are here, play HHK 1.21 server, 4 or 5 years and u can rap there,but sometimes Admin kick when few players,is easy!! (according to the criterion of the administrator.)

also i know rule in 14dss 1.21 server .."forbidden to steal helis and planes" (server detected this action and automatically expelled)

Deltoya

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
bloodbath311 said:
This thread surely to EXPLODE soon! :lol:

To be honest, it's only asking players to hold off on ONE FLAG till the others are taken. Is that asking too much?

As an admin, I will respectfully enforce what rules we have now or in the future.

Absolutely agree

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:35 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Hellsfury99 said:
Max I have nothing but respect for you but posting this poll after Flower made his posts looks alot like you just dicked him over good....and my guess is this is coming from somewhere else.

It is a lot less frustrating to play with the rule in place and ground play is much more intense without the main rape which usually happens at the start of the map. As I have said in these forums before Flower has my support and its a shame he doesn't have the backing of all.

FLOWERPOWER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:35 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Gerry
Guys Thank you for your support on the little change I made yesterday but for the time being, lets say this was only a test. ((&^%)
At a 95% success rate, it was all positive feedback during In Game Chat and in the Forums.
Lets keep the success rate up high in this poll too.
I must admit, I took it upon myself and didn't ask any other Staffers about their Opinion for a Change.
The Change will take place in due time.
Make it happen guys.
Not for me, (Well....for me a bit too) but for all the players that are Team Players, fun to play along with and chat with, dedicated to HELLO players and lets don't forget the players that are active during ALL MAPS and not only during RAPE MAPS.
I must admit, it was fun watching you guys have fun yesterday but today is just another day as it was 2 days ago.
Back to the Old and until the POLL SAYS SO !

'til then, V for VICTORY
FLOWERPOWER

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
FLOWERPOWER said:
Guys Thank you for your support on the little change I made yesterday but for the time being, lets say this was only a test. ((&^%)
At a 95% success rate, it was all positive feedback during In Game Chat and in the Forums.
Lets keep the success rate up high in this poll too.
I must admit, I took it upon myself and didn't ask any other Staffers about their Opinion for a Change.
The Change will take place in due time.
Make it happen guys.
Not for me, (Well....for me a bit too) but for all the players that are Team Players, fun to play along with and chat with, dedicated to HELLO players and lets don't forget the players that are active during ALL MAPS and not only during RAPE MAPS.
I must admit, it was fun watching you guys have fun yesterday but today is just another day as it was 2 days ago.
Back to the Old and until the POLL SAYS SO !

'til then, V for VICTORY
FLOWERPOWER

You need to take it upon yourself. We have no leader. You and the other admins on are all we have right now. You and the other admins saw a problem and fixed it.

To be honest this pole being run now is total bullshit reactionary move. If there was a pole it should have been done a long time ago not when we finally have an admin who is finally doing something to help the server.

Max if you don't want to be in charge of the server...I respect that (FYI I think you are the man for the job)
Max if you don't have the time to play much..I respect that

But please don't step in and shit on the one guy who has done more for the gd server than anyone else. It took Flower having balls for you to finally put up a pole? ....and please don't tell me you were going to do that or you were discussing it. Most of us have heard that bullshit for way too long to have merit to it now.

T

TonyB

Amen Hellsfury! I am thankful we have admins like Flower. Seriously. He is the leader of the pack. The day Flower quits is the day I remove the game from my computer and retire. BFV is the only game I have on my computer and the only game I play.

I am glad something is being done about the UPEO rapists. I can deal with Rhongzi - he can be shot down. Again, I cannot explain why the UPEO players want to rape. They are good at the game. They seem to think that since the rules allow it, they may freely rape. It's just something strange that I cannot explain. What pleasure does one get from circling a main and just hammering players?

If main is the last flag, by all means feel free. If there are other flags, you should not be raping main in a chopper. I have no problem with planes bombing towers and hitting air on the ground. Choppers are a no-no.

Thanks.

«ßÔß»-Jaws-[CL]

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Firstly - Hell yeah!!!

I fully support Flowerpower - Gerrys ambition to improve gameplay!

We will have groundsupport and most of all true airsupport instead of´cheap killings!

Go Gerry Go :D ;) :cool:
Regards/Jaws

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
i think dead bubble would be a better idea. no work fore admins and no rape possible.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
CYBER said:
i think dead bubble would be a better idea. no work fore admins and no rape possible.
Do you think you could limit the bubble's effect to Mi-8 Gunship, Huey Gunship and planes only?
That way we would still allow Transport helicopters to fly in and try to capture mains.

@ Hellsfury
You are entitled to your own opinion on this matter, however I can assure you that I did not "dick him over good". There are certain guidelines that admins must follow in order for this management to function. Which is the key to the succes of this server to begin with. I would love to explain to you every what and why, but that would take us away from the point of this poll. If you have any questions, send me a private message via the site or message me on xfire.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Max said:
CYBER said:
Do you think you could limit the bubble's effect to Mi-8 Gunship, Huey Gunship and planes only?
That way we would still allow Transport helicopters to fly in and try to capture mains.

no i can't what i can do is decrease they respawn time to somting like 2 sec. this would make it so it doesn't matter if they get shot. as they will be up a few sec later. this works fine untill some one steals them.

a other option is to ad quads50's to they base. this will give a fighting chance. but i does requir input from the players them self.

they best option here i think is the quads50's idee. as it still needs the imput from players them self to prevent main rape.

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
CYBER said:

@ Hellsfury
You are entitled to your own opinion on this matter, however I can assure you that I did not "dick him over good". There are certain guidelines that admins must follow in order for this management to function. Which is the key to the succes of this server to begin with. I would love to explain to you every what and why, but that would take us away from the point of this poll. If you have any questions, send me a private message via the site or message me on xfire.

Oh but Maximillion that is exactly what you did. Dick him over.

There are certain guidelines that admins must follow in order for this management to function. Which is the key to the success of this server to begin with you say.....

I do not doubt that there are. I can't argue with you there....but this is for a leader to enforce. At this point you are no more that a part time admin. Who are you to come in and decide to enforce these policies? As a matter of fact, given your play time on the the server, One could argue that you should be taking a lesser role until you are back playing. At the very least you shouldn't be overriding the one admin who has done more for the server than anyone else.

Also....Flower and other admins determined that guys logging on and raping, many of whom log on for that sole purpose, were disruptive to the game which under the rules can be dealt with. Once again I ask again....who are you to come in and decide their wrong? The admins were brought on to do a job and you, who don't want to be leader and don't have much time to put in the game, decided to come in and play leader.

and..people have been complaining for months about this and you chose to do nothing about it. Flower steps up to help and you rush in with a pole after the fact. That sir is a dicking......

Max I would love for you to come and start logging in some real time. You are a top notch player and a good guy. If you can't or won't put the time in please let other admins who are on make the calls until we get a leader.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It's a pity that you see it that way. Once again if you wish talk about it you can message me in private, this is not the place for it.

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Max said:
It's a pity that you see it that way. Once again if you wish talk about it you can message me in private, this is not the place for it.

A pity how? You may be able to argue your definition of dicking vs mine but as for the rest it's better for private because you have no leg to stand on.

Anyway fair enough.....xfire is Hellsfury99 shoot me an invite and we can talk. I can be on in about an hour and a half from now.

T

TonyB

Max, please enable screencaptures for admins. I just got in the game to see posts by several players pointing out that player using ID "Player" was map hacking. They were right. It's easy to catch them. Just camp in middle of nowhere - they find you easily. I quit the game. Not going to play with rape and hackers.

B

BlackHawk0012

pinky said:
Max, please enable screencaptures for admins. I just got in the game to see posts by several players pointing out that player using ID "Player" was map hacking. They were right. It's easy to catch them. Just camp in middle of nowhere - they find you easily. I quit the game. Not going to play with rape and hackers.

First you quit because of "upeo thugs" raping.
Now You quit because of , supposed, "hackers".

It seems that when you threat to quit, admins come to please you, or so you think.

Back