• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Remembrance Event: V1.02 Patch Is Out

Local time
3:42 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I would vote for at least another weekend OR game, I like it a lot more than BF1942. I KNOW the set up issues were probably over whelming and very distracting to those who had to respond to them. I want to send out a big thank you for those that helped me and a BIG apology for waiting till the last minute like some others did also. It seems about half the total BFV players on Saturday were on the original ALL MAPS game instead. Not sure their reasons, but maybe we could convince them otherwise the next time. I know Ice was pulling his hair out over installation issues. Hope he still has some left! ;)
Not going to lie...I actually was happy seeing both servers equally populated. :p

unknown.png

The simple truth is...once again evidence though. Some people just prefer to stick to original bfv, some just don't like downloading extra stuff and some just can't be bothered as long as they play. :confused:

My own installation issues might partially be because I was streaming and usually my game acts up when I stream. I'll troubleshoot my issues later on. :p I have no hassle hosting another event with Denals mod if he wants to! I think we'll give him a bit of time though to work through what he has planned for the next patch and then take it from there. ;)

The popup server I created for this event is officially now our event server for stuff that requires extra downloads or otherwise changes to the game. So it leaves our vanilla and Mission Possible servers to run without any interruptions to the gameplay one can expect on them. ;)

Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
As a feed back note, the Operation Remembrance Game was awesome! The mods were excellent and the maps were great. You can tell a lot of time was spent on this and it shows. I know there was a few glitches, but it really worked over all very well. I have my personal preferences about some minor changes, but in the end it has to do with my gaming style.
1. Put the glass cockpit view back in the aircraft. Not sure why it was removed, if it was for technical reasons or preferences. Obviously no camera view other than the starting cockpit view are realistic. But the clear "glass" cockpit view to me is the most useful (second camera view in aircraft).
2. There should be flare and smoke guns available in all maps. ? I had more fun than should be allowed playing with those weapons. Add to it some dark, clear night time maps to make the flares even more useful. The no reticle (aka crosshairs) feature was interesting. Certainly it was more realistic.

I would vote for at least another weekend OR game, I like it a lot more than BF1942. I KNOW the set up issues were probably over whelming and very distracting to those who had to respond to them. I want to send out a big thank you for those that helped me and a BIG apology for waiting till the last minute like some others did also. It seems about half the total BFV players on Saturday were on the original ALL MAPS game instead. Not sure their reasons, but maybe we could convince them otherwise the next time. I know Ice was pulling his hair out over installation issues. Hope he still has some left! ;)
I did explain the purpose behind the removal of the nose camera view, what you call the "glass cockpit" but I was having problems with Discord and I guess my explanation didn't get through. The reason I removed it was because of the switch to physical models for the aircraft weapon sights instead of HUD crosshairs. I could put the nose camera back in, but then there would be no sights in that view. So it would be a trade-off: you can see more, but can't tell exactly where you're aiming.
As for flare and smoke launchers, they might be more common than you realize. The Tanker, NCO, Sniper, and Scout classes all have smoke grenades, while Allied gunner kits get smoke grenades and Axis gunner kits get smoke grenades or the flare gun. There's also a pilot kit hidden near some aircraft that has a wrench and either smoke grenades or a flare gun (different type). All Allied Grenadier kits with a 40mm grenade launcher (M79, M203, XM148) come with smoke and flare rounds, while some early-war ARVN Anti-Tank kits have HEAT and smoke rifle grenades. There will be more night maps added in the future, and I think I'm going to adjust the fog settings on Vo Ninh Airstrip to make visibility better. There's also going to be a map called "Night Patrol" where US forces in helicopters have to find the Viet Cong forces in the dark jungle below them. Oh, and the second gunner position in the AC-47 can drop flares with right-click, but there are no night maps with the AC-47 yet.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Not going to lie...I actually was happy seeing both servers equally populated. :p

View attachment 2334

The simple truth is...once again evidence though. Some people just prefer to stick to original bfv, some just don't like downloading extra stuff and some just can't be bothered as long as they play. :confused:

My own installation issues might partially be because I was streaming and usually my game acts up when I stream. I'll troubleshoot my issues later on. :p I have no hassle hosting another event with Denals mod if he wants to! I think we'll give him a bit of time though to work through what he has planned for the next patch and then take it from there. ;)

The popup server I created for this event is officially now our event server for stuff that requires extra downloads or otherwise changes to the game. So it leaves our vanilla and Mission Possible servers to run without any interruptions to the gameplay one can expect on them. ;)
I think waiting until the next big update (V1.1) comes out is a good idea. It'll be a little while before it's ready but it will include map and bug fixes, new vehicles, (hopefully) a realistic armor system where armored vehicles have an appropriate level of protection against incoming fire, and new maps.
Also, I'm probably going to make V1.1 a full release, not a patch, so anyone who has the mod will have to delete the mod from their computer and install the new version, but anyone who's installing it for the first time will just have to move one folder, so no need to install and then add patches. Hopefully that'll reduce installation problems.

Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I think waiting until the next big update (V1.1) comes out is a good idea. It'll be a little while before it's ready but it will include map and bug fixes, new vehicles, (hopefully) a realistic armor system where armored vehicles have an appropriate level of protection against incoming fire, and new maps.
Also, I'm probably going to make V1.1 a full release, not a patch, so anyone who has the mod will have to delete the mod from their computer and install the new version, but anyone who's installing it for the first time will just have to move one folder, so no need to install and then add patches. Hopefully that'll reduce installation problems.
What a great job!! Thanks for all your hard work. I have even gone back afterwards and played solo on some of your maps. I tried adding bots, but they can be so stupid at times, lol. Looking forward to the next round.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
What a great job!! Thanks for all your hard work. I have even gone back afterwards and played solo on some of your maps. I tried adding bots, but they can be so stupid at times, lol. Looking forward to the next round.
I've managed to improve the bots significantly in many ways, but sometimes they still don't do well. I'm having problems with some maps where I coded an excellent strategy for the bots to use but they refuse to follow it for some strange reason.

Back