• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Remembrance Event: V1.02 Patch Is Out

Local time
10:00 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Due to an incredibly stupid mistake on my part, which was brought to my attention by IceSkater, Pipiska, and LuccaWulf, if you downloaded the V1.02 patch within the first 24 hours of its release, you will need to redownload and reinstall it to prevent a serious issue that will likely prevent the mod from functioning at all. The repaired download will be ready by 11PM UTC.

Last edited:

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:00 PM
Reaction score
I cannot download it, error after a short time

Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Why is there not one place to download and install everything needed with instructions? Been at it for 30 min and not there yet. )-:
--Frustrated.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Why is there not one place to download and install everything needed with instructions? Been at it for 30 min and not there yet. )-:
--Frustrated.

The files are all listed there. :p

You just need the V1.0 (base version):

And then the V1.02 patch:

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Thanks, Radish has been trying to help me, but this should do it. I DL all the maps and can see it in my activate mods in BFV, but it tells me I need to insert my disk. I'll do the 1.02 and let you know if I am still not there.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
OK, when I go to DL the 1.02 mod it says it is a duplicate to the maps file I already DL'd and installed earlier. There is nothing in the maps file that even looks like a patch or mod, just maps. *.RFA

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
OK, when I go to DL the 1.02 mod it says it is a duplicate to the maps file I already DL'd and installed earlier. There is nothing in the maps file that even looks like a patch or mod, just maps. *.RFA
That's fine, just replace the existing files. ;) It overwrites existing files with some small changes.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Do I still need to create that shortcut to fix the insert CD error? Or the latest patch fixes that?
You may need to in order to be safe and avoid any issues.

It's the exact same theory as this guide:
*See shortcuts and editing*

Substitute the example mod name for Op_Remembrance and you'll be good to go. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
As a feed back note, the Operation Remembrance Game was awesome! The mods were excellent and the maps were great. You can tell a lot of time was spent on this and it shows. I know there was a few glitches, but it really worked over all very well. I have my personal preferences about some minor changes, but in the end it has to do with my gaming style.
1. Put the glass cockpit view back in the aircraft. Not sure why it was removed, if it was for technical reasons or preferences. Obviously no camera view other than the starting cockpit view are realistic. But the clear "glass" cockpit view to me is the most useful (second camera view in aircraft).
2. There should be flare and smoke guns available in all maps. ? I had more fun than should be allowed playing with those weapons. Add to it some dark, clear night time maps to make the flares even more useful. The no reticle (aka crosshairs) feature was interesting. Certainly it was more realistic.

I would vote for at least another weekend OR game, I like it a lot more than BF1942. I KNOW the set up issues were probably over whelming and very distracting to those who had to respond to them. I want to send out a big thank you for those that helped me and a BIG apology for waiting till the last minute like some others did also. It seems about half the total BFV players on Saturday were on the original ALL MAPS game instead. Not sure their reasons, but maybe we could convince them otherwise the next time. I know Ice was pulling his hair out over installation issues. Hope he still has some left! ;)

Back