• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Operation Ground Assault - Event

Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Thank you to everyone that joined us for the event, it was much appreciated and I'm glad that those who joined had fun! If anyone wants to experience similar types of gameplay, keep your eyes peeled for news regarding our Mission Possible server!

Normal map rotation has resumed on our Allmaps server. :)

Our next BFV event will be hosted there, most likely mid to late December!

Battlefield Vietnam Screenshot 2021.11.27 - 20.57.17.10.png

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Hey, Tony, what is it you don't like about Ia Drang? I'm trying to get an idea of what people will want to see for the altered maps in my mod. The way I have Ia Drang set now, the US troops spawn only at the airbase and have to capture two neutral flags in the valley (the NVA can't capture those flags until after the US has) and then branch out to attack the NVA flags from there, but the more flags the US captures, the less air support they have.

Hey Den. I love La Drang when we have 40 players. I love all the maps when we have 40 players. It's when we have 10 or less that I don't like those maps.

La Drang and Fall of Saigon are big maps. Wonderful maps. Designed for many players. Some time ago, HELLO added some jeeps to La Drang to help move players about. It's still a huge map and with few players, it's just not a map I will stick around for. Same with Fall of Saigon. Con Thien is another that is a challenge to get around.

Thank you Den for your efforts.

pinky

Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Hey Den. I love La Drang when we have 40 players. I love all the maps when we have 40 players. It's when we have 10 or less that I don't like those maps.

La Drang and Fall of Saigon are big maps. Wonderful maps. Designed for many players. Some time ago, HELLO added some jeeps to La Drang to help move players about. It's still a huge map and with few players, it's just not a map I will stick around for. Same with Fall of Saigon. Con Thien is another that is a challenge to get around.

Thank you Den for your efforts.

pinky
I see. Unfortunately, that problem looks like it's going to stay somewhat the same in Ia Drang for Operation Remembrance, but it should be slightly better because I added another flag in the valley that can easily be reached from the US landing zone and any of the NVA flags on the hill. It'll be mostly fixed in Fall of Saigon (which, by the way, is renamed Outskirts of Saigon) because I've added more vehicles for both sides, and it'll be completely fixed on Defense of Con Thien. I actually split Con Thien into two maps. One is still called Defense of Con Thien and is set in the bottom/US half of the map, and the other is called Across the DMZ and is set in the top/NVA half of the map. And then one of the patches will introduce a third map, Operation Hickory II, which is set in the DMZ itself (the valley that runs through the middle of the map).

Now that I think about it, Ia Drang might not be so bad because of some other changes. I made the US base uncapturable, and adding the extra flag in the valley changes the balance slightly. What it comes down to is the NVA has no reason to make the trip all the way up to the US airbase, and the US has to maintain a strong, constant presence in the valley just to keep from bleeding tickets. It basically forces the players to spawn in closer areas.

Last edited:

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
TonyB as you can see on this video nva team won round. so as i say everything depend on who can take and control most of the flags.

As you can see, this is because pinky was not leading the blue team to victory! Pinky wasn't even playing.

Back