• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Operation Ground Assault - Event

Local time
7:00 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
bfv copy.jpg

Last edited:

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
retweeted and shared

Local time
1:00 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Lets see what this pilot can do with mortars :cool:
I can't wait to see how you and other people do with the mortars when my mod comes out. They actually work like real mortars, not mini artillery pieces. No more shooting down helicopters with mortars.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I've setup the map rotation in advance for the event tomorrow.

The server is currently running the event map rotation and it will change back to the original rotation Monday at midnight. :)

See everyone at the event!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Did I miss it ? Will be home from work soon.
Maps are in rotation till tomorrow night. ;)

There were 23 players online, but again seems a bit of a weird time of month. I suspect everyone will join tomorrow night. ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal

Weird to see Reclaiming Hue so quiet. It's not just because there aren't many players, it's literally quiet. I just got done overhauling that map for my mod a few days ago, and playtesting it was an extremely different experience. I added ambient battle sounds and increased the sound radius of all weapons fire. You can hear players fighting from halfway across the map, and with the ambient sounds mixed in, it's a constant blur of gunfire and explosions.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
My opinion, for what it is worth. I had a great time, especially on Pisky's Saigon '68 map (you want to be on the blue team). Once the red got trapped, it was all over but the cryin' and the dyin'. lol I wonder Pisky if you could have fixed up La Drang to be a good, modded map. Get rid of the blue air base and move them to the local flag district.

Initially I wasn't so crazy about it but I got used to it and had a good time. Thanks for your troubles Ice.

Santa came on and was having all kinds of issues trying to play Ice. Said his player wouldn't move (forward/backward). Etc. Sounds like he was on a laptop. Perhaps you could reach out. Thanks.

What a great game.

pinky

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:00 AM
Reaction score
Thank you Pisky for your hard work. You and Ice worked hard to make this a fun event.

Didn't we play the tunnels in Operation Cedar Falls? I didn't see that one listed in the image of the event. But that was fun. I suggested, during play, that the mini-map be removed. That would make that map amazing. lol

Thanks again Pisky and Ice.

pinky

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I also liked it very much. Cedar Falls with tunnels only was great.

Also Saigon. But I joined being the red team which only had that corner flag left...there is NO way to come out when blue team fires with mortars and M79 the whole time. That destroyed the fun for the whole red team. That has nothing to do with "crying"..when there is no chance to leave...no matter if you are a good or bad player.

Local time
Reaction score
I also like the tunnel-versions of the maps!

I understand both points of view. I just want to add, that for my gameplay, a M16 is much more effective than a AK47 on Saigon. It's very precise while the AK47 has the advantage on Cedar Falls, because most times you do not need to shoot someone in distance in the tunnels of Cedar Falls -> AK47 is very strong and has 30 bullets. But this is just for my gameplay as I'm primary using M16 and AK47 :-D

I like both maps!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
My opinion, for what it is worth. I had a great time, especially on Pisky's Saigon '68 map (you want to be on the blue team). Once the red got trapped, it was all over but the cryin' and the dyin'. lol I wonder Pisky if you could have fixed up La Drang to be a good, modded map. Get rid of the blue air base and move them to the local flag district.

Initially I wasn't so crazy about it but I got used to it and had a good time. Thanks for your troubles Ice.

Santa came on and was having all kinds of issues trying to play Ice. Said his player wouldn't move (forward/backward). Etc. Sounds like he was on a laptop. Perhaps you could reach out. Thanks.

What a great game.

pinky
Hey, Tony, what is it you don't like about Ia Drang? I'm trying to get an idea of what people will want to see for the altered maps in my mod. The way I have Ia Drang set now, the US troops spawn only at the airbase and have to capture two neutral flags in the valley (the NVA can't capture those flags until after the US has) and then branch out to attack the NVA flags from there, but the more flags the US captures, the less air support they have.

Back