• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Whats the tipping point ?

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
2:43 AM
Reaction score
I am curious Russ if its ok to see a bunch of pretty nasty language and the norm from Santa. Let me give you an example. Dildo, Ass, blow jobs, anal sex toys, and it can ramp up from that point, Is this acceptable normal language everyone wants to see on the server? When new people land on our servers is this what we want them to see whats acceptable and the norm ? Just curious.

I have used strong language against Santa and Paranoid often and mostly to them because of the constant disruptive gameplay and returning fire so to speak. But in general, I am not offering male anal sex talk innuendos to all at will Like Santa does every occasion he can. Just really curious about your thoughts on this type of language. Because if your fine with it, then I should be able to counter these two trolls freely. If its ok for them to say this stuff we should be able let it rip on these guys to say the least.

And another thing I am seeing game after game Santa and Paranoid calling out people just joining a game for 1 min and just logging on as AFK. Immediately trying to always get some kicked as sport. Yes, I have been afk and am working on it. I have been drastically less afk in there last 3 months and have gone spec mode in many occasions. I have slipped a few times recently but I have been making it a priority to reduce and eliminate it constantly. But I am not watching everyone and constantly bickering about every single person just joining ( maybe they are getting setup and coffee) and being afk for the 1sdt minute. I have seen many games like this and this constant bickering by these 2 needs to stop. They are not admins and in many cases they are wrong and they need to worry about they're game , their language, and their selves and not always everyone else!

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Russ go ahead and lock this thread. But please keep in mind we have the trollers trolling constantly and bickering over petty shit all the time.
A the same time they break other rules while trolling. It's your show, but it would be nice to see the constant offenders have to back up sometime and refrain from business as usual and behave. The other times you are not seeing the constant bitching by the trollers " he's been afk for 1 min, gtfo / lol he raged quit, crying about someone's score when paranoids score is not even in the top 5 and constantly chatting you sux , your game sux. I see a lot of servers don't let that constant BS go one day after day. The system all works for the most part, its always 1 or 2 people that have to screw it up and cant play nice for a few simple rules. But if this constant petty crap is ok, I am going to give them crap right back. You get what you give!

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Any punishment will be limited to give them a warning, kick and then a short ban after supplying evidence. These disruptive players know they can get away with it and will continue to do so. As I have stated in a previous thread that I started something needs to be done with these players that know the rules yet continually break them, play disruptively, they walk right up to the line and may go slightly over.

Russ you need to address this. Any actions that have been taken in the past are ineffectual and the next step needs to carry more weight. I personally would be giving out 30 day bans, then 90, and finally perma bans.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Any punishment will be limited to give them a warning, kick and then a short ban after supplying evidence. These disruptive players know they can get away with it and will continue to do so. As I have stated in a previous thread that I started something needs to be done with these players that know the rules yet continually break them, play disruptively, they walk right up to the line and may go slightly over.

Russ you need to address this. Any actions that have been taken in the past are ineffectual and the next step needs to carry more weight. I personally would be giving out 30 day bans, then 90, and finally perma bans.

Let me give another example that had nothing to do with Paranoid. Yesterday a new map started and the talent was lopsided on the teams, not the count. I switched sides for 2 reasons and not jack up the game. 1. Talent was lopsided and the team I was switching too had 3 afk's. 2. I didn't go out of my way and call out the 3 afk's, it was first 2 mins of the game, no big deal and I could see from experience the game was going to be a very lopsided victory. Ten Paranoid is going off like a church bell,he team switched, he team switched. Making a big deal of a simple game balance. This is the hypocrisy, I try to balance the teams then you have Paranoid throwing a tantrum. You cant win. Yes, this is petty crap, I know it. But cant we have an environment when an adult makes a quick decision to balance gameplay and its not show stopper? Are we this type of community that the constant rule-breakers get to cloud every single move and mood at will? We have a good gig with this server and a lot of things being done right here. But sometimes the nuances of this petty crap really wear on the game for no reason. Or, just to allow one or two people to push the buttons because they get to jerk the chain of others at the " whole's expense. I am not going to say anyone on this. It is what is going forward and if it's the norm so be it.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
Paranoid & Santa constantly flood the chat with this petty stuff, The last time I was involved I'd had enough and told them to talk to Rus and become admins themselves lol. I agree that something should be done, along the lines of what hard_rice has suggested.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Let me add I don't want anyone permabanned. Just cool it, relax and play the game. It doesn't have to have that tone all the time. When they are not acting up it can be fun playing good battles with them, but it comes at a cost with the other half of the time.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Have a heart to heart message to them. " Hey guys let's cool it or I need to do something going forward, it's that simple". There have been other players that have expressed to me this is a problem too, but they see it going on so long it's not worth saying anything. Also, I get it, the population is hanging by a thread here, and it's never a good thing to push people out.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Once the chat becomes flooded with negativity players drop out. If there are ten or players easily four of them will just leave because of the insulant behavior of mainly paranoid and santa.

Don't want a perma ban then go 30,60,90,180 days. Some turds you can polish and some you can't. If problematic players do not understand a progressive punishment system then why have any rules at all?

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
No entiendo porque paranoico tiene privilegios .. por su culpa a mi me expulsan sin razon y a el nunca y ni es molestado ,
es curioso que todo el mundo tiene problemas con el por su provocacion , rompiendo las reglas y grabando cuando las personas afectadas responden a su provocacion... no soy la unica a la que se lo hace ..siempre hace lo mismo agrede y cuando se le responde lo graba para hacerse la victima..el problema es que se sabe y se le permite..y se castiga a quien paranoico agredio .POR EJEMPLO A MI 6 MESES Y SIN RAZON ..............y a paranoico ?
Cuantas veces rompi las reglas? NINGUNA VEZ ..

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
hard_rice, LTShaun 30 days, 180 days, permanent ban for chat spamming? Seriously?

I am curious Russ if its ok to see a bunch of pretty nasty language and the norm from Santa. Let me give you an example. Dildo, Ass, blow jobs, anal sex toys, and it can ramp up from that point, Is this acceptable normal language everyone wants to see on the server? When new people land on our servers is this what we want them to see whats acceptable and the norm ? Just curious.

I am curious too. What about other players? tina, for example, is also known for bunch of pretty nasty language, talking about ass, thongs, $h1t stains, etc., etc. Sometimes tina's the only player using in-game chat to fill it with this kind of language, repeating the same stuff over and over again. Speaking of new people landing on our server, I have witnessed such event. One guy joined us for the first time, got fed up with tina's rubbish talk and started to insult her. I even had to kick him for that and he's never been seen on our server again. You've been there orangee, perhaps you remember it.

Should we do something about tina as well, or it's only santa and paranoid? Why no one is complaining at tina?

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Then do nothing and the cycle continues. The people that cant act mature get a win by default over lack of common sense and follow-up. LOL , Russ now you are playing in the swamp , hahahahahahahaha. Good job. Like me Tina is so frustrated and tired of seeing the same thing play out hundreds of times you do raise your voice , you do use a few four-letter words over it.

Russ you do nothing it suits you, that's my suggestion. You post how clever you are by posing under anonymous names catching hacking accusations but wilt like a flower when you have to deal with more legitimate and incremental serious issue. Im done with topic , it has expired its relevance obviously.

Paranoid you win man! carry on ! Let it rip, Russ is basically saying I see what's going on but I don't think its relevant to do anything. keep it up, help the server drive people away, and piss off people over your petty shit. You are officially untouchable!

Lock the topic , this is dead.

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Para proteger a paranoid ,culpa a tina.
Nadie critico a tina ..SOLO A PARANOID.
TINA no insulta a nadie ,ni provoca a nadie ,ni molesta a nadie con su juego .PARANOID SI.

Te adverti en varias ocasiones y nunca hiciste nada .solo advertirme a mi .
Juegas con otros nombres segun tu para encontrar a los malos..
y... ¿no ves lo que hace paranoid?
orange dice que... paranoid gana..
y en este punto ,solo en este punto no estoy deacuerdo con el
.. a paranoid le hacen que gane .
hecharas a todo el mundo para que juegue este xikillo .

Montarse en el coche no quiere decir que sepas conducir
La prepotencia te gano

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Tina says vulgar things and if an admin wishes to take issue with them why not. I have to admit I have replied to some of tina's comments in kind. Tina does not make personal attacks or otherwise attempt to single out and aggravate players that is a major difference.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Here is a translation of one of Silvia's comments in this thread.

I do not understand why paranoid has privileges ... because of him they expel me without reason and he is never and is not bothered,
It is curious that everyone has problems with him because of his provocation, breaking the rules and recording when the affected people respond to his provocation ... I am not the only one who does it ... he always does the same thing, he attacks and when he is He responds, he records it to become the victim ... the problem is that it is known and allowed ... and the paranoid attacker is punished. FOR EXAMPLE TO MY 6 MONTHS AND FOR NO REASON ........... ... already paranoid?
How many times did I break the rules? NEVER ..

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It's actually really simple, people like this and Santa work the system and know how to back off at the right times. Then it appears there is not the problem you say. It's no secret, it's by personality, this is who they are and they work it because they can. I have worked with people like this, for some reason they have long tenures while many others follow the rules and watch on the sideline with all the BS. We can do the politically correct thing, let's call him eccentric and special.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No I’m not suggesting perma ban for chat spamming, I just agree that they take the fun away from the game and maybe a friendly talk from our leader “meaning you” is in order. That’s all, no more needs to be said.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with mRoRange on this one. When I was active, this was always one of the most frustrating things. You can play any other online game with much younger players and you never experience the raw vulgarness that you do here. It is only a select few players but they push the boundaries to the limit. Often defended by IceSkater and SK as harmless, etc. I think we should ask the simple question if we suspect something is obscene. Would we want our children, nephews, nieces subjected to this. If the answer is NO then the player should be kicked and eventually banned if it continues. Any less is a disservice to ourselves.

I know that as an admin, if a player complains to you about another player's rhetoric, you can kick that offending player. Why should we have to rely on another player's complaint? We all know what is offensive, especially the offenders.

Santa

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:43 AM
Reaction score
i am always joking around i never ment it serious
If i take it serious what other players said to me in all those years i am playing this game for example about my mom and family i had to kill some ppl
but i got a solution for you all if you all feel this way.
i said a lot of times i will retire just for fun
i will retire from now on for real so you dont have to discuss this bullshit anymore
i hope you all reach your goals in life stay healthy and salut

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The real question here for civilized people is , if you are asked to tone it down just do it. Move on. I am making honest efforts to reduce my AFK exposure. It was being tracked you would find it's down to a min. The reason, a few players chatted to me they were upset and wanted me to make an honest effort and I have.

One of them was Santa & Paranoid, you see the nuance here? When I am asked to comply or cool it I do. Nobody else can adapt or make any changes too?
You have to quit or throw the towel in?

Back