• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Server password information

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
7:55 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
Current password:
[ghide=28]Please visit this topic for the password: viewtopic.php?f=288&t=7255[/ghide]

not permitted? Please post here and make an account if required. The list of users with access currently can be found here:
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28

If you are asked for your keyhash (not cd-key, never share that.), you can get it using the following tool:
http://www.moddb.com/games/battlefield- ... key-hasher

Don't want to have to type it in every time you join? Give these shortcuts a go! While they are listed as 32 or 64 bit, the only difference is where the game installs by default. Choose the shortcut that matches where your game is installed. :)

64 bit windows (default path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam"):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8kuND ... sp=sharing

32 bit windows (default path: "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam"):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8kuND ... sp=sharing

Once you have it saved somewhere, right click it and choose properties. At the end of the target field, you will see
Code:
+password full
You must replace 'full' with the current password that is visible above. From then on, when you use the shortcut to start the game it will send you straight to our server with the password already input for you.

Hey,

As you've probably noticed, the server has had a password for a while now. This was because some people apparently prefer to ruin other people's fun, so they trick the server into thinking it is full using readily available software, meaning it's not difficult and requires very little skill or knowledge. For the most part, the password helped along with some other solutions that we implemented and no further action was needed.

Now though, they appear to have caught on and with the limited access we have, there's not much I can do to investigate further.

However, what I can do is move over to a private password system. It's not perfect, and it may result in some missing players, but that's better than no-one being able to play while this person gets their priorities in check. For now though you will need to just keep trying with the password "full".

I will let as many people know as I can; forum posts, gametracker, server announcements for those that do get in, stats page and any other places you guys suggest. If you guys know anyone who needs it then feel free to direct them here too. (bfv/password)

I'll wait until the weekend passes and then implement it, unless things get a lot worse or, by some miracle, better. Once done, the password will be visible here to authorised accounts or over PM. When/if that happens, please don't share the password with anyone as it could potentially put the server at risk and undo what we're trying to solve.

This does mean you'll need to make accounts on the forum to get the password but I don't see an issue with this. If you do have concerns though, for whatever reason, please feel free to email us at:

2e231c6c690e85db0a0d925b987f50fc.png

and I will see what I can do about it.

Once authorised, you will be able to see the password below:
[ghide=28]Please visit this topic for the password: viewtopic.php?f=288&t=7090[/ghide]

Once you have an account, please post here so I can make sure you have the access you need.

If you have any questions, opinions etc. on this course of action then feel free to share them below.

Again, I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience this causes but for now it appears to be the best option we have.

Regards,
SucceededKiller.

Mookli

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:55 PM
Reaction score
Re: Server password

What is the password? "full" doesn't work. Thanks.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan

The first wave of players have been added, the password can be seen in my first post and below:

[ghide=28]letsplay[/ghide]

Please don't give this out to anyone, they can come here and get access.

If you are above the cut-off mark on this list, but can't see the password, please let me know.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J52 ... sp=sharing

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score

I have an account full doesn't work..how do I obtain access?

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

I'm a little confused do I need to get on a list or?

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks! :) what do I do now? Can I access?

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Awesome I appreciate all of the efforts to keep this going! It's a lot of fun! I do have a question. My uncle plays and live about 10 miles from me he's kinda old and isn't well with computers I had to set it all up for him. How do I go about trying to get him on? Do I need to create him an account?

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan

I'd be fine if you tell him, just don't post it anywhere public etc. The more difficult it is for the person responsible for our hassle to get a hold of it the better. :)

For the most part I prefer forum accounts as it lets me keep track of them/confirm who they are so I know who's getting the password. Family seems like an alright exception for now though.

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

OK. I will see him early next week and will show him how to create an account and all that way he will be verified as well. Again I appreciate all efforts thanks for keeping it alive :D

ParaMedic

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

Roger that. Out.

Back