• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Flaming Dart! (2)

A

Anonymous

(Yes theres a topics about OFD but i need mine to be first.. warning explicit langauge might be desdurbing to some viewers, viewer descresion it advised).
Operation Flaming Dart is the most unfair map in the whole entire game… the respawning towers almost fixed it, however with there demise, so went flaming Dart
“Helloclan13 wrote:
Easting is so right, this is [war game], war is not fair.

When [you’re] under attack you find new ways to defend against the enemy, you don't go complain about that you’re getting killed.
People get irritated of the towers getting blown up and their aircrafts not being able to spawn, but if you were to ask any player in the [beginning] of the round if he would be willing to stay and defend the towers during the round. He'd say no and jump in the plane and be on his way. This is a matter of teamwork.”

Yes war is not fair (but remember in 1965 who had their superiority as well as a better land force, oh right the US by far, and flaming dart give the NVa total advantage). But however in bfv it gets to the point where it’s not just unfair… its bull shit. And Flaming dart is Bull shit. There’s a point where the map is so unfair team work is just plain useless. Let me explain

-2 MiG17’s vs. 1 Corsair: The 1 mig17 has alone has the advantage; 4 bombs, more and maneuverable. However with 2, its two better dogfighting aircraft and 8 bombs vs 2 bombs. Even 1 good mig17 pilot and the US’s towers are most likely screwed. With 2 pilots who know how to bomb (which you often get) the US just doesn’t stand a chance. No amount of skill can stop pilots from putting 4 bombs on target, especially when u have 2 who know how to do so.

-2 MiG21 vs. 2 F4 Phantoms II: They cancel each other out. The F4 is useless at taking out towers, while it does have heat seekers, it has no gun.

-2 Mi-8 vs. 2 AH1 Cobra: Again, the cobra does have heat seekers, but the mi8 is so much better at destroying ground targets.

-T-54/55 vs. M551 Sheridan: T-54/55 all the way.

-AA Defenses: It’s the Strela-2, ZSU57-2, and 469 vs. M-60, Stationary m51 Quad-.50cal, and M.U.T.T.. NVA all the way.

Hello put in respawning-towers once, WHATS SO HARD ABOUT DOING IT AGAIN? It worked before. Remember this: http://forum.helloclan.eu/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=49
"War may not be fair, but the is a game, and theres a BIG difference."- Sgt Byrd

Please change it back to respawning towers..

S

Soldier

CommandoBeta said:
Any admin, search the logs for 'tower' , and see what people think about it.. Enough said.

haha, you will find much about it
in probably every flaming dart map you will hear it

73easting

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
3:34 PM
Reaction score
OK, here is a radical idea, remove the map from the order then you can't fuss about it. LOL

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
73easting said:
OK, here is a radical idea, remove the map from the order then you can't fuss about it. LOL
:eek:

G

I know I'm new here but heres my two cents worth.

Flaming Dart is a strategic map, if your team doesnt play as a unit and work together be prepared to get raped. You need good pilots who can transport the spawn box and people defending, not everyone can rush until you have them pinned down to one flag or base.
Good pilots are the ones who fly great and transport players and or cargo. Some one leaving the pad alone with 4 players shooting at him or requesting a pick is playing for himself and not the team. That leaves players stuck at the base, although you need some there to defend, there should be a player in each defence weapon or vehicle at the main base.

I think the best soulution is to do what 73 said and simply remove it, in 6 months people will be whining about not playing it and you can put it back in. thumbsup0

O

Old Hippo

Batt22 said:
I know I'm new here but heres my two cents worth.
HEY, Batt22 IS NEW, NO ONE LISTEN TO HIM!!!
Hahaha, Just kidding. :lol:

Batt22 said:
I think the best soulution is to do what 73 said and simply remove it
There is the problem with the server being named "AllMaps," which seems to imply that the server has all of BFV's maps on it.

Unfortunately I can't play on Flaming Dart anyway since I have a "Corrupt Data" error. :cry:

A

Anonymous

How can teamwork be used when the nva has pratically every advantage? One good mig 17 spells doom for the us. No amount of teamwork can stop that.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
10:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
Deadly_Hippo said:
Unfortunately I can't play on Flaming Dart anyway since I have a "Corrupt Data" error. :cry:
Did you try to mod it?..

SgtSurfinByrd said:
How can teamwork be used when the nva has pratically every advantage? One good mig 17 spells doom for the us. No amount of teamwork can stop that.
Feels like this might aswell have been a complaint about the superiority of the F4.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
11:34 PM
Reaction score
helloclan13 said:
Deadly_Hippo said:
Did you try to mod it?..

SgtSurfinByrd said:
Feels like this might aswell have been a complaint about the superiority of the F4.

The f4 is far from superior, ask a good bfv player what he would prefer in a dogfight, everyone would choose Mig over f4.
I do agree that the f4 is very strong against the Mi8.

O

Old Hippo

helloclan13 said:
Deadly_Hippo said:
Did you try to mod it?..
Ya I was messing around with it, are there any solutions known to man, or is my computer forever useless on Flaming Dart?

S

Soldier

Deadly_Hippo said:
helloclan13 said:
Deadly_Hippo said:
Did you try to mod it?..
Ya I was messing around with it, are there any solutions known to man, or is my computer forever useless on Flaming Dart?

well, you could uninstall and install it again,but i thoml you did that already, you did?

O

Old Hippo

Soldier said:
well, you could uninstall and install it again,but i thoml you did that already, you did?

Yes, I've obviously tried to reinstall, as well as searching and removing all things BFV from my registry to no avail. When I reinstall the game, my profile still exists (Deadly_Hippo and settings) and the data error still comes up when the map loads, so SOMEWHERE on my computer there are still remnants of the game, even when you (supposedly) completely uninstall it. My question is:
Is there any way to completely purge bfv from my system and then install it so that there is no memory of a "corrupt data" error, or am I basically screwed?

S

Soldier

Deadly_Hippo said:
Soldier said:

Yes, I've obviously tried to reinstall, as well as searching and removing all things BFV from my registry to no avail. When I reinstall the game, my profile still exists (Deadly_Hippo and settings) and the data error still comes up when the map loads, so SOMEWHERE on my computer there are still remnants of the game, even when you (supposedly) completely uninstall it. My question is:
Is there any way to completely purge bfv from my system and then install it so that there is no memory of a "corrupt data" error, or am I basically screwed?

hmmh,thats weird and very difficult to solve
you said your data is still in registry and the errors too,right?
i am not an big computer expert,but i suggest you to use registry cleaner, probably that will help you
it will delete the non working datas

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Deadly_Hippo said:
Soldier said:

Download BFV 1.2 server files and copy its /mods/ folder to yours. It will replace everything that has to do with map loading. By the way, how do you go about modifying it?

O

Old Hippo

Haha, I fixed it! Actually, the problem as far as I can tell was finding the files in Windows 7. The faulty map and profile files were in AppData/VirtualStore which you cannot even navigate to in C drive normally. I ended up finding them by searching for the word "custom" (because the default profile name is custom) and locating the hidden folder that had stored profiles in it.

I've googled this problem plenty of times since I got the error, and there are lots of people who never found a solution for it (I never found any topic where the person asking could locate the files) and couldn't play BFV on their computer again.

The wierd thing is I couldn't even find these files when searched for in my registry.

Player_0

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ben Dover
SgtSurfinByrd said:
One good mig 17 spells doom for the us. No amount of teamwork can stop that.
2 × le guy with le wrench per tower, actually.

ArcticWinter

Regular Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Andre
I don't get it why people complain about that F4 Phantom! It's missiles suck, just do a very sharp turn in a Mig (agile) and that's it. They are easy to avoid if you know how to. I don't see the F4 as overpowered.

BlackHawk0012-

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
no F4 in irving and thats okay for me , radars sucks for nva

and let the towers harder to kill and its all fixed

trade f4 irving for some other plane and its fine for me too

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
=UPEO=BlackHawk0012 said:
no F4 in irving and thats okay for me , radars sucks for nva

and let the towers harder to kill and its all fixed

trade f4 irving for some other plane and its fine for me too

You got a problem with the f4 in irving now? Its not overpowered, it can't use it missiles because the NVA dont have air verhicles, and the missiles are weak against tanks, and the f4 doesnt get many kills with its napalm either.

BlackHawk0012-

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
yay, as i told u at xfire beta xD , i prefer skryaider than F4 in Irving, and in Flaming dart i dont care

I VOTE FOR SKYRAIDER FOR USA IN IRVING !!!!!!

A

Anonymous

This topic is about Operation Flaming dart... if u want to complain about irving, complain somewhere else but not here

Back