• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Flaming Dart! (2)

A

Anonymous

(Yes theres a topics about OFD but i need mine to be first.. warning explicit langauge might be desdurbing to some viewers, viewer descresion it advised).
Operation Flaming Dart is the most unfair map in the whole entire game… the respawning towers almost fixed it, however with there demise, so went flaming Dart
“Helloclan13 wrote:
Easting is so right, this is [war game], war is not fair.

When [you’re] under attack you find new ways to defend against the enemy, you don't go complain about that you’re getting killed.
People get irritated of the towers getting blown up and their aircrafts not being able to spawn, but if you were to ask any player in the [beginning] of the round if he would be willing to stay and defend the towers during the round. He'd say no and jump in the plane and be on his way. This is a matter of teamwork.”

Yes war is not fair (but remember in 1965 who had their superiority as well as a better land force, oh right the US by far, and flaming dart give the NVa total advantage). But however in bfv it gets to the point where it’s not just unfair… its bull shit. And Flaming dart is Bull shit. There’s a point where the map is so unfair team work is just plain useless. Let me explain

-2 MiG17’s vs. 1 Corsair: The 1 mig17 has alone has the advantage; 4 bombs, more and maneuverable. However with 2, its two better dogfighting aircraft and 8 bombs vs 2 bombs. Even 1 good mig17 pilot and the US’s towers are most likely screwed. With 2 pilots who know how to bomb (which you often get) the US just doesn’t stand a chance. No amount of skill can stop pilots from putting 4 bombs on target, especially when u have 2 who know how to do so.

-2 MiG21 vs. 2 F4 Phantoms II: They cancel each other out. The F4 is useless at taking out towers, while it does have heat seekers, it has no gun.

-2 Mi-8 vs. 2 AH1 Cobra: Again, the cobra does have heat seekers, but the mi8 is so much better at destroying ground targets.

-T-54/55 vs. M551 Sheridan: T-54/55 all the way.

-AA Defenses: It’s the Strela-2, ZSU57-2, and 469 vs. M-60, Stationary m51 Quad-.50cal, and M.U.T.T.. NVA all the way.

Hello put in respawning-towers once, WHATS SO HARD ABOUT DOING IT AGAIN? It worked before. Remember this: http://forum.helloclan.eu/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=49
"War may not be fair, but the is a game, and theres a BIG difference."- Sgt Byrd

Please change it back to respawning towers..

Mr.Beezly

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:14 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Dakota Matthie
The problem with this map isnt the towers, Its the fact that noobs sit wait on aircraft to respon. They just sit there waiting instead of spawning at captured flag and helping to get another flag. I doubt there is a way the server will ever work on this map.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
7:14 PM
Reaction score
bumblebee said:
The problem with this map isnt the towers, Its the fact that noobs sit wait on aircraft to respon. They just sit there waiting instead of spawning at captured flag and helping to get another flag. I doubt there is a way the server will ever work on this map.
It worked when the towers respawned.

A

Anonymous

The problem is the towers, and the aircraft unbalance. It is totally unfair to the us how easy it is for the nva to destroy their towers, trap the USA on the island with no hopes of escape. It appalls, shocks, and flabbergasts me how you are complaining about the few players who wait for the aircraft to respawn, and you say that ruins the map. Those players are on every "air" map, and there is no way to stop them from doing it.

Local time
6:14 PM
Reaction score
The maps an air rape man either way you look at it... if NVA loses towers, the f4s drop napalm non stop, the cobras circle and rape non stop.
If USA loses towers Mi8 and migs all rape the spawn boat until maps over. Thats the way the map is designed.
There will always be something to bitch about on Dart.
Honestly the ONLY good games ive had on Dart, is when BOTH towers are gone, and theres NO helis, or Jets to rape. Its a Great infantry map, if more people would figure that out, We'd destroy our OWN towers lol..
I say leave it as it is, forget the migs, and helis blow up all towers and lets use our guns :cool:

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
toxic2 said:
The maps an air rape man either way you look at it... if NVA loses towers, the f4s drop napalm non stop, the cobras circle and rape non stop.
If USA loses towers Mi8 and migs all rape the spawn boat until maps over. Thats the way the map is designed.
Honestly the ONLY good games ive had on Dart, is when BOTH towers are gone, and theres NO helis, or Jets to rape. Its a Great infantry map, if more people would figure that out, We'd destroy our OWN towers lol..
I say leave it as it is, forget the migs, and helis blow up all towers and lets use our guns :cool:

There are always too many new people online to understand that tho. I would also like to see respawnable towers, but then make it that once destroyed, it will take 5-10 minutes to respawn. An other option could be to triple or quadruple the tower's health, making it easier for both teams to defend their towers and enjoy air fights longer.

Local time
Reaction score
I cant believe were really talking about this... and how UNFAIR it is....
Let me tell you what unfair is... UNfair is when skilled players are FORCED to deal with people that cant aim a gun and use bullets so they use an M79 and point it rite at their own feet to kill an enemy...not only does it kill enemy, it does ZERO damage to the person firing it... you wana talk about how fair things are, start with the basics and fix that!!! otherwise, leave the map the way it is, fair or Unfair...

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
toxic2 said:

Yeah, the best BFV gameplay is on Dart ,when the USA has only the boat tower and the NVA doesn't have any towers.

A

Anonymous

toxic2 said:
I cant believe were really talking about this... and how UNFAIR it is....
Let me tell you what unfair is... UNfair is when skilled players are FORCED to deal with people that cant aim a gun and use bullets so they use an M79 and point it rite at their own feet to kill an enemy...not only does it kill enemy, it does ZERO damage to the person firing it... you wana talk about how fair things are, start with the basics and fix that!!! otherwise, leave the map the way it is, fair or Unfair...
No, not only no but hell no. Tking is off because if it were on, it would be a heaven for tking trolls. Not only that but but are not discriminatory, all players are treated equally, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE DISCRIMINATORY TOWARD ANY GROUP OF PLAYERS. It is unfair that players like you want to discriminate against other players, and think you are more important than everyone else. NO GROUP OF PLAYERS COMES FIRST AND ALL PLAYERS ARE EQUAL. And if they want to use the M79/RPG/LAW that way cu-toes to them for taking advantage of the settings of the server. IF THEY DO KILL YOU LIKE THAT, BE A MAN AND SUCK IT UP.

Local time
Reaction score
BYRD... where do you get off telling me to man up? Did i strike a nerve when i bring up the M79 to the feet?? probably because your one of those most guilty of it. and the solution could be put in effect, read the topic on m79 to the feet, where beta explains the splash damage and kickback damage.... you really need to get off your high horse.
If you want to sit and bitch and complain about HOW UNFAIR IT IS, well MAN UP SON!!! THATS WAR. and in war, IN WAR, they didnt point an M79 at their feet and fire it did they?????
And not only that, WHAT does your entire post have to do with the towers on dart?? your talking about TKn, and being discriminitory towards players....
Clearly this dudes bias and anything that I say hes going to comment on, and try to oppose it. In my opinion, dart should stay the way it is, if ppl think its unfair, than tough! For its unfair for those of us that dont like the M79 to the feet, but we have TO MAN UP and deal with it. So why dont u take a page from your own book byrdy, and MAN UP and deal with the towers being the way they are and stop pissing and moaning about it.

Batt22

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
In war do you see people jumping then going to crouch while firing? No you dont but your cool because you do it right.
Thats like taking advantage of a glitch, using any means to gain an advantage, same as the M79 thing bub. ;)
And where do you get off comming here telling members and Admins how to run the server? Your a guest here, not a member or an Admin.
I think you need act accordingly and respect every one in the server and on the forums. You dont run it or pay for it.
Get your own server and lets see how many players play there. :evil:
Its funny how you tell Byrd to "stop pissing and moaning about it" when thats what you do on a daily basis in the server, hypocrite?
Yes you have calmed down some after your ban but your attitude towards others hasent changed.

Local time
Reaction score
Batt22, or whatever ur name is.... i dont act like i run hello server, nor do i tell your admins how to run it.
Where do you see ANYWHERE me telling them how to run their server??? please show me...
Again, heres another person that i dont like and he clearly doesnt like me, big deal.. And i thought that this place, the forums is where were SUPPOSED to post problems and possible solutions, or suggestions for the server. Was i wrong in assuming that? Because i havent told anyone HOW to run there server, merely made suggestions on TWO subjects, the Splash damage, and Darts towers...
And if im pissing and moaning on a daily basis, SINCE my ban, please post it and show me...
Another prime example of someone BITCHING about toxic again.
OH and now apparently i should'nt crouch and hop ingame....and APPARENTLY i think im cool because i do??? or so batt22 sais! The things people can come up with to bitch about! And another thing, dont judge me on what you know Nothing about, your in the server what.... once a week, twice maybe......so how do you go about saying my attitude hasnt changed?
I could care less if you or byrd or others like me or not, thats not relevant to me... I game for fun, i enjoy the server, and since my ban ive been on my p's and q's.. but thx for your irrelevant comments.

Batt22

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:14 PM
Reaction score
toxic2 said:
Batt22, or whatever ur name is.... i dont act like i run hello server, nor do i tell your admins how to run it.
Where do you see ANYWHERE me telling them how to run their server??? please show me...
Again, heres another person that i dont like and he clearly doesnt like me, big deal.. And i thought that this place, the forums is where were SUPPOSED to post problems and possible solutions, or suggestions for the server. Was i wrong in assuming that? Because i havent told anyone HOW to run there server, merely made suggestions on TWO subjects, the Splash damage, and Darts towers...
And if im pissing and moaning on a daily basis, SINCE my ban, please post it and show me...
Another prime example of someone BITCHING about toxic again.
OH and now apparently i should'nt crouch and hop ingame....and APPARENTLY i think im cool because i do??? or so batt22 sais! The things people can come up with to bitch about! And another thing, dont judge me on what you know Nothing about, your in the server what.... once a week, twice maybe......so how do you go about saying my attitude hasnt changed?
I could care less if you or byrd or others like me or not, thats not relevant to me... I game for fun, i enjoy the server, and since my ban ive been on my p's and q's.. but thx for your irrelevant comments.

Just look at your post, its so arrogant. Do you always stomp your feet when you dont get your way? The way you talk to people is just disrespectful.

toxic2 wrote:"I cant believe were really talking about this... and how UNFAIR it is....
Let me tell you what unfair is... UNfair is when skilled players are FORCED to deal with people that cant aim a gun and use bullets so they use an M79 and point it rite at their own feet to kill an enemy...not only does it kill enemy, it does ZERO damage to the person firing it... you wana talk about how fair things are, start with the basics and fix that!!! otherwise, leave the map the way it is, fair or Unfair..."

I dont have anything against you personally, its your pissy attitude you have towards others I dont like. I dont know you but I do know your a hell of a player and I respect that. You bitch about the M79 thing yet you try to gain an atvantage by using the jump/crouch move because you know it makes it harder for people to hit you. In my eyes thats just like using a glitch to gain an atvantage. You dont need to use it, your a great shot and good at running and gunning.
I dont want to get in a pissing match with you, I would rather say nice shot when you kill me no matter how, and have you say thanks, then return the compliment when I kill you. Thats what makes the game fun.

Max

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It actually doesn't really matter how you look at it. I still think that giving the towers more health would solve the problem for both teams. Sooner or later a usa pilot will steal a mig and rape the Nva back. (Its what I always do, and with succes).

However the team with the most chance of succes is still the Nva because they start with 4 Migs. Put the mig-21s on the phantoms, and the mig-17s will have a free entry to the Usa main base.

A minor tweak would be placing 1-3 extra Quads at the Usa air-base.
Having those places on different locations all over the Island, will give the usa more time to take out migs from the ground.

Untitled1.png

The purple dots would be the best locations for extra Quads in my opinion.
The green dots are alternative locations where Quads could be placed. (NOTE: I'm not saying that we need 10 Quads at main)

Freshblood

Elite Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
2:44 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
angus
Everyone should know how flaming dart goes down by now..?.. the game is ..can u pull/work together as a team? Is anyone going to try to wrench the towers? if everyone wants to do their own thing, ur always going to be behind the 8 ball. I think on all the maps knowledgable ppl should give orders to their team, and instruct ppl what should be done, rather than complain afterwards. Like f4 defend or help wrench your us towers..! or infiltrate and mine f4 runway.. for eg There is also a way of getting the best out of ur team/ ppl irl , and its not saying if have the worst team, my team sucks etc ..

All the weapons in the game are there to be used, no offence, but i try to kill everyone with anything i can get my hands on and im not alone :D

M

MurdertoDeath

Many people don't know how Flaming Dart works.

It's very simple:

U.S. towers are destroyed: U.S. goes for flags.
U.S. towers aren't destroyed: U.S. is spawning and camping at their towers.
Vietcong towers are destroyed: Vietcong goes for flags.
Vietcong towers aren't destroyed: Vietcong is spawning and camping at their towers.

Everybody should figure out that nothing should be done to protect/respawn/rebuild towers. It only results in more camping.

CYBER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I Will do some test. And see what i can do to improve te game play.
Now got 3 min respawn time one The towers. Let me know what u tink.

Back