• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Crashes, the real story.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
GunRunner said:
Cpl.AJ said:
if i could make a suggestion... what we CAN possibly do, is inform players that if u have the word "player" in ur name, u will be auto kicked by the server and the msg will read "please change name" or something like that..

A player's name isn't at issue here.

It's a very clever exploit. In fact, it's so clever I'm really impressed.

We know exactly what he is doing and how he is doing it, and it's pretty easy.
We are now messaging back and forward with gameservers.com about solutions for the exploit.

S

Soldier

Cpl.AJ said:
if i could make a suggestion... what we CAN possibly do, is inform players that if u have the word "player" in ur name, u will be auto kicked by the server and the msg will read "please change name" or something like that..

gunrunner is right
the guys is not always using the name "player"
he has many names

SgtStubbs

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
1:42 AM
Reaction score
It's unfortunate to see Hello go down like this. I hope things are fixed but it doesn't look good. I doubt very much that DICE will make a patch for such an old game.

S

Soldier

SgtStubbs said:
It's unfortunate to see Hello go down like this. I hope things are fixed but it doesn't look good. I doubt very much that DICE will make a patch for such an old game.

lol
offcourse not, it is not profitable for DICE.

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
8:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
SgtStubbs said:
It's unfortunate to see Hello go down like this.

Please use the word "allmaps" and not "hello".
Sure the server is going down, but there is nothing that could ever take helloclan down.
I give you all my word on that, helloclan will still be here at my last breath.
And I'm sure that most of you guys already knew that.

Meanwhile we are doing everything we can everyday to get the servers fixed.

Koppa

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
I'll repeat myself but the main issue here is that the exploit can not be fixed without a patch from EA - I'm almost certain. You can block the IPs that do it, but it's not going to stop all the pissed off kids from doing it. It's pretty easy to change your IP address if you are somewhat computer literate.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:42 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Koppa is correct. After discussing it on the class-restricted forum on Bfmods.com, we came to the conclusion that it can only be fixed by modifying Bfv's exe. Modifying the exe is illegal and a direct infringement of DICE/EA's TOS that you agree to during installation.

O

Old Hippo

Kurk said:
Koppa is correct. After discussing it on the class-restricted forum on Bfmods.com, we came to the conclusion that it can only be fixed by modifying Bfv's exe. Modifying the exe is illegal and a direct infringement of DICE/EA's TOS that you agree to during installation.

So we're screwed? :shock:

Koppa

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Deadly_Hippo said:
Kurk said:

So we're screwed? :shock:

Yeah, unless we slowly ban all IPs that do it.

The only way to keep this going is slowly create a WHITELIST I guess. In other words, only allow certain IP addys to join. The alternative which would be more flexible would be to create a server password and only tell trusted people it. To inform the people of the password you'd have to put helloclan.eu/[page that describes how to get access to the server] in the server's name.

Other than that, there's really no stopping any person from running the exploit. No one's server is invincible - the exploit works on them all. It doesn't matter which version it is.

It's unfortunate but there truly is no fix. It uses functions already built into the binary of the game.

Alphascout

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
we tried that and they still get in

anonanon

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
FYI - the fake hello admin has changed the server name back to the old master tag. (which doesn't mean we'll stop crashing your servers, including the master one). if hello will cancel its servers or at least upgrade them to 1.21, we will stop crashing or flooding any servers. good luck.

S

Soldier

wtf are you talking?
you are not the hacker, you only want attention

PS: By the way, he is hacking the 1.21 server too.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
anonanon said:
FYI - the fake hello admin has changed the server name back to the old master tag. (which doesn't mean we'll stop crashing your servers, including the master one). if hello will cancel its servers or at least upgrade them to 1.21, we will stop crashing or flooding any servers. good luck.
It seems you are on this forum to negociate, then what about asking for things that HELLO can actually do, or giving your xfire so that you can talk to the leaders.

anonanon

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It seems you are on this forum to negociate, then what about asking for things that HELLO can actually do, or giving your xfire so that you can talk to the leaders.

how about no? our suggestions are clear. either accept them or don't.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
9:42 AM
Reaction score
anonanon said:

You call them suggestions?

M

MurdertoDeath

anonanon said:

We won't put a dildo up your anus. spongebob0

S

Soldier

it seems, that you say, that you are not one of the guys, which are the owner of the fake server (now Masters one)

PS: By the way, are you serb?

ToeCutter

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
Look guys its simple...it took a bit of doing but this ip here 188.40.152.188, if it goes down ie hacked, then he will get the hint and stop trying to act like he Owns bfv server and can Order other servers what to do by means oh co-hersion. <--- misspelled i'm sure but anyways the guy or guys are no better than a gang of terrorists and in this case should be dealt with accordingly in my opinion. Please don't ask me to incriminate myself any further by telling exactly how i got his ip. I am in the us and any further action by me will get me in trouble here. Miss hang with you guys in hello and sexy, see ya all soon. - Toe sick00

anonanon

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
its really too bad that this actually isnt (or ever was) my ip (even checked the router logs for the last few weeks)
the other thing is that this is a german static ip which apparently also hosts a website ( http://188.40.152.188 )
good luck.

Kurk

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Aoustino Rufrano
Hey, let's all be script kiddies and pretend we know what the hell we are doing! Sounds like fun!

Back