• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Firendly Fire...ON or OFF

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:10 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The BFV admins have been discussing pros and cons regarding leaving friendly fire on or shall we turn it back off like it was years ago? Toobers Dream lol 🤪

So lets have a vote, we want your feedback. Please keep it light and cast your vote!!!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
On 100%. Adds a level of realism and forces a player to put a bit of thought into gaming as to not TK teammates. I know we do not speak poorly of players weapon choices, but there is no doubt the level of RPG/LAW users will increase and overall just dumb the game down.
Exactly everything I was trying to say, but you put it a little better.

Scofield

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:10 AM
Reaction score
Of course, you need to turn it off so that people like you, fragga and others don’t interfere with the game.
On 100%. Adds a level of realism and forces a player to put a bit of thought into gaming as to not TK teammates. I know we do not speak poorly of players weapon choices, but there is no doubt the level of RPG/LAW users will increase and overall just dumb the game down.

Attachments

• ScreenShot14.jpg
    ScreenShot14.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 36
  • ScreenShot15.jpg
    ScreenShot15.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 40
  • ScreenShot16.jpg
    ScreenShot16.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ScreenShot19.jpg
    ScreenShot19.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 30
  • ScreenShot22-копия.jpg
    ScreenShot22-копия.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 31
  • ScreenShot24.jpg
    ScreenShot24.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 36

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Of course, you need to turn it off so that people like you, fragga and others don’t interfere with the game.

🤡

If I had a screenshot every time a player TK'd me unintentionally, deserved or not, I would have dozens of screenshots of every single member of the server.

Please submit a formal report to the admins using this link: https://forum.helloclan.eu/support-tickets/open

Show them all your screenshots so they can ban all of us.

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
🤡

If I had a screenshot every time a player TK'd me unintentionally, deserved or not, I would have dozens of screenshots of every single member of the server.

Please submit a formal report to the admins using this link: https://forum.helloclan.eu/support-tickets/open

Show them all your screenshots so they can ban all of us.
And you'd have hundreds of screenshots of me, killing not only you but every single other player as well.

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Keep it on 100%. Scofield have a cry some where else we are bored with your whaa whaa is me. we all get TK at some time sometimes it on purpose and others by accident. Scofield you posting screen shots from various TKs but never when you TK and you do TK.I find it a bit sad you saved all those screen shots just to have a cry about Them.Why didnt you post the one of me blowing up the damaged spawn box like you said you would?????

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I understand the comments about realism. But we're playing a video game, it's not a reality TV show. If I want realism, I watch an old war movie like Saving Private Ryan or Platoon.

I vote to turn it off because, many others like Pinky and I are not One Shot Killers like a few top players.

We need our tubes to stop One Shot Killers from killing us, and it was much better when FF was off.

I remember a couple of years ago admins decided to turn FF on to punish Nagi for using M79 on everyone's feet right next to her 😆

It was also turned on because One Shot Killers like Toxic constantly complained about players with M79s, RPG, and Law were preventing them from achieving unbelievable kill scores.

However, that is exactly what players like me with poor aim can do to survive against the highly skilled One Shot Killers. Until admins figure out what to turn on/off to defeat One Shot Killers, and players with Special X-Ray goggles, please turn off Friendly Fire.

FF was off for years and we had server with 30 players on WEEKDAYS until FF was tuned on in recent years. I'd argue that FF off may bring back some old tube loving players again.

Plus there will be no more drama, crying, insulting, and bans related to the team killing that starts with an accidental TK and turns into a cycle of revenge TK'ing.

I watched a few players like WR leave last weekend when people were arguing and insulting each other non-stop because of team killing.

Turn it off and watch the player numbers grow again.

Last edited:

DiscoMagpie

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I understand the comments about realism. But we're playing a video game, it's not a reality TV show. If I want realism, I watch an old war movie like Saving Private Ryan or Platoon.

I vote to turn it off because, many others like Pinky and I are not One Shot Killers like a few top players.

We need our tubes to stop One Shot Killers from killing us, and it was much better when FF was off.

I remember a couple of years ago admins decided to turn FF on to punish Nagi for using M79 on everyone's feet right next to her 😆

It was also turned on because One Shot Killers like Toxic constantly complained about players with M79s, RPG, and Law were preventing them from achieving unbelievable kill scores.

However, that is exactly what players like me with poor aim can do to survive against the highly skilled One Shot Killers. Until admins figure out what to turn on/off to defeat One Shot Killers, and players with Special X-Ray goggles, please turn off Friendly Fire.

FF was off for years and we had server with 30 players on WEEKDAYS until FF was tuned on in recent years. I'd argue that FF off may bring back some old tube loving players again.

Plus there will be no more drama, crying, insulting, and bans related to the team killing that starts with an accidental TK and turns into a cycle of revenge TK'ing.

I watched a few players like WR leave last weekend when people were arguing and insulting each other non-stop because of team killing.

Turn it off and watch the player numbers grow again.
Considering what Al said, I propose to turn it off for a month or so, and see how it affects the playercount, and if people complain. If it's having the opposite effect, we'll turn it back on and just keep it like that.
I personally prefer it on, as I said in the server, not only because it adds to the realism, but because it makes things more difficult and fun. Traps will become a nightmare, and my timebombs will become the terror of the server if they don't do damage to me or my teammates. Just keep that in mind. :cool:

Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Second thought yes turn it back on so I can run all over the map putting betties down that cant get me kicked when grass hopper sets them off on purpose I want to follow him all over the map every map and just shoot him knowing I can't kill him. I want to noob my feet like nagi did.Hey that could be a song title??it will be good that you cant shoot down your own air support. Yeah turn it off and lets go back to the good old days of everyone complaining about noobing.

Local time
Reaction score
You should disable friendly fire since that would avoid annoying players who only come to TK in the games, for example players who dislike each other, could make a whole discussion in the forum of x user vs all the admins. In the realistic section, nothing to do with it. Do you really think it is realistic that an American soldier could handle a Russian MI-8 helicopter? That is not very realistic and that is why that argument does not count, it would also prevent many players such as mortar operators from accidentally doing tk

Local time
Reaction score
although I could also play PR or O.R.Not necessarily because it is a game it has to have laser weapons with surgical precision as if it were a bad action movie from the 80s, even in Soldier Ryan it is not very realistic and much more so in a game that claims to be set in a real war

Local time
Reaction score
Considering what Al said, I propose to turn it off for a month or so, and see how it affects the playercount, and if people complain. If it's having the opposite effect, we'll turn it back on and just keep it like that.
I personally prefer it on, as I said in the server, not only because it adds to the realism, but because it makes things more difficult and fun. Traps will become a nightmare, and my timebombs will become the terror of the server if they don't do damage to me or my teammates. Just keep that in mind. :cool:
Nothing to do with it, the problem of player absence has nothing to do with whether you activate the FF or deactivate it, it is a more complex problem that I would like to have with you all the BFV admins to see what action we will take for the future of BFV

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
You should disable friendly fire since that would avoid annoying players who only come to TK in the games, for example players who dislike each other, could make a whole discussion in the forum of x user vs all the admins. In the realistic section, nothing to do with it. Do you really think it is realistic that an American soldier could handle a Russian MI-8 helicopter? That is not very realistic and that is why that argument does not count, it would also prevent many players such as mortar operators from accidentally doing tk
As far as realism goes, there's a difference between what's avoidably unrealistic and what isn't. It isn't possible for us to stop an American soldier from operating a Russian vehicle. The game engine won't permit it, unless you "lock" every vehicle the way the Mi-8 Cargo and Tango ATC are, so only the team they spawn for can operate them. But friendly fire is something that affects realism that we CAN do something about. We have the power to control that, so why not? I'm also going to have to strongly disagree with anyone who claims that just because it's a video game, we can get away with throwing realism entirely out the window. That flies in the face of everything I've spent almost twelve years doing with this game. Yes, there are limits to how realistic it can get, and how realistic is desirable, but that doesn't mean we should run away from realism simply for what it is. Personally, I find that the more authentic an experience is, the more enjoyable it becomes.

Local time
Reaction score
As far as realism goes, there's a difference between what's avoidably unrealistic and what isn't. It isn't possible for us to stop an American soldier from operating a Russian vehicle. The game engine won't permit it, unless you "lock" every vehicle the way the Mi-8 Cargo and Tango ATC are, so only the team they spawn for can operate them. But friendly fire is something that affects realism that we CAN do something about. We have the power to control that, so why not? I'm also going to have to strongly disagree with anyone who claims that just because it's a video game, we can get away with throwing realism entirely out the window. That flies in the face of everything I've spent almost twelve years doing with this game. Yes, there are limits to how realistic it can get, and how realistic is desirable, but that doesn't mean we should run away from realism simply for what it is. Personally, I find that the more authentic an experience is, the more enjoyable it becomes.
If it is possible to do that, without getting into the coding section, once I entered a server that I don't remember the name of, I tried to operate an enemy vehicle (it was a Huey gunship) and I didn't understand why it killed me every time I pressed "E"

Back