• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Firendly Fire...ON or OFF

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

The BFV admins have been discussing pros and cons regarding leaving friendly fire on or shall we turn it back off like it was years ago? Toobers Dream lol 🤪

So lets have a vote, we want your feedback. Please keep it light and cast your vote!!!

Local time
2:09 AM
Reaction score
I'm also going to have to strongly disagree with anyone who claims that just because it's a video game, we can get away with throwing realism entirely out the window. That flies in the face of everything I've spent almost twelve years doing with this game. Yes, there are limits to how realistic it can get, and how realistic is desirable, but that doesn't mean we should run away from realism simply for what it is. Personally, I find that the more authentic an experience is, the more enjoyable it becomes.
x4 Al | gore logic:

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
There have been some quality replies and different insights into this debate and I've personally become more open to the idea of FF being turned-off.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't address some of the concerns brought. Turning off FF as a means to battle very skilled players is the wrong answer. At the end of the day, yes, this is a video game, and not everyone will be on the same skill level. Thats what makes it fun and challenging, otherwise we would all be appeased playing bots.

As for the one shot killers as Al brought up, I empathize with that sentiment and can understand the frustration. Players like Tox and myself are very average at the game, but we simply capitalize on some of the quirky dynamics to give the illusion we are better than we are. If I'm not using an AK or an M16, I am very average statistics wise. Utilizing simple, and widely known techniques, such as the crouch-tech and AK single tapping firing method, you can easily roll the battlefield against players that are gaming more casual. I have tried to teach these tricks to players in game over the past year when asked, but I only ever have seen a handful of people consistently playing like this (Tox, myself, dtk, etc.). So to echo my above statement, lets not punish players who choose to play more competitively by adding a handicap.

If we do decide to turn FF off, I encourage it to be put to a vote officially on the forum and the admins acting as tie breakers. I think this is a very big change and will affect how the game is played and needs to be a more formal decision, not just something "ok lets give it a shot and see what happens" type deal.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:09 AM
Reaction score
Local time
Reaction score
There have been some quality replies and different insights into this debate and I've personally become more open to the idea of FF being turned-off.

However, I would be remiss if I didn't address some of the concerns brought. Turning off FF as a means to battle very skilled players is the wrong answer. At the end of the day, yes, this is a video game, and not everyone will be on the same skill level. Thats what makes it fun and challenging, otherwise we would all be appeased playing bots.

As for the one shot killers as Al brought up, I empathize with that sentiment and can understand the frustration. Players like Tox and myself are very average at the game, but we simply capitalize on some of the quirky dynamics to give the illusion we are better than we are. If I'm not using an AK or an M16, I am very average statistics wise. Utilizing simple, and widely known techniques, such as the crouch-tech and AK single tapping firing method, you can easily roll the battlefield against players that are gaming more casual. I have tried to teach these tricks to players in game over the past year when asked, but I only ever have seen a handful of people consistently playing like this (Tox, myself, dtk, etc.). So to echo my above statement, lets not punish players who choose to play more competitively by adding a handicap.

If we do decide to turn FF off, I encourage it to be put to a vote officially on the forum and the admins acting as tie breakers. I think this is a very big change and will affect how the game is played and needs to be a more formal decision, not just something "ok lets give it a shot and see what happens" type deal.
Good for you, but tell me if you are going to leave it like this or deactivate it

Local time
Reaction score
meme.jpg

They are the only ones who don't do anything, I even think one is a bot

Local time
9:09 PM
Reaction score
Algam I'm a bit lost due to langauge differences Are you saying the people you listed don't post on the forum? Who are you saying is a bot? Are all the players that like FF being on as it stops the nagi shoot at feet game play, meant to accommodate you because yo don't like not being killed by your own hand?I don't really get where you are coming from?

Local time
Reaction score
Are all the players that like FF being on as it stops the nagi shoot at feet game play, meant to accommodate you because yo don't like not being killed by your own hand?
I still don't understand that, what's the problem with Nagi shooting at the feet and besides this is a common good, it won't benefit just me.

Back