• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] DiceCity Event

Local time
6:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

save the date! Our next event will take place on the 3rd of June at 7pm GMT.

1684429858889.png

It will be an Dice City Event, thanks to LTShaun for the help! The event will take place on our main server. So during this event, no "normal" maps will be played and you need the mod to join our server. As soon as the event is finished, we'll switch back to our normal Allmaps-server.

How to install the mod:

1. Download the mod here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h53nGhZZij4pMneE7-wm-SYx_CspZASr/view?usp=sharing

2. Execute the .exe file.

3. Click on "Next" two times. On the following page, the directory of your BFV-game should be set initially. If not, insert it there. (Usually, it is C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam or C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam).

4. Once the installion is finished, create a shortcut of the original BFV-game. Rightclick on it and select "properties". We are just going to edit the "Target" field. We are going to add, in this case, the following to the end of the line: +game DiceCity_V So it will look like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +game DiceCity_V

A detailled description on how to install a mod can be found here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/1/

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or any of our staff!

Best regards,
HeiligWahrheit

P.S.: Many thanks to @MacGyver Araujo for creating this nice event banner(s)!

A

Algam

Hmm... yes the event is very good but I don't understand what you mean by "mod" if it is a custom maps event and NOT a mod. I hope I have time on Saturday :)

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
11:09 AM
Reaction score
(posting here in case others have the same issue)

Followed the install steps and got it installed. The TKO server on the server browser, which stays on the Dice City mod, was now highlighted and joinable. I joined, and was prompted to "please insert either Battlefield Vietnam CD" ... I have no CD Drive on my computer, lol. I tried again, and it crashed the game. Did this 3x times and it followed the same pattern each time. Just want to correct the issue now before the event takes place.

Cheers

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
(posting here in case others have the same issue)

Followed the install steps and got it installed. The TKO server on the server browser, which stays on the Dice City mod, was now highlighted and joinable. I joined, and was prompted to "please insert either Battlefield Vietnam CD" ... I have no CD Drive on my computer, lol. I tried again, and it crashed the game. Did this 3x times and it followed the same pattern each time. Just want to correct the issue now before the event takes place.

Cheers
Need to just confirm, did you create a separate shortcut as per Heiligs instructions? As it needs to be a separate shortcut with edited properties that points to the mod. ;)

Hmm... yes the event is very good but I don't understand what you mean by "mod" if it is a custom maps event and NOT a mod. I hope I have time on Saturday :)
It is a mod with custom maps. But it's called a mod. :)

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Need to just confirm, did you create a separate shortcut as per Heiligs instructions? As it needs to be a separate shortcut with edited properties that points to the mod. ;)

It is a mod with custom maps. But it's called a mod. :)

Yes, here is what it looks like in my folder. I normaly use the "1920x1080" BFV.exe but I renamed both that and the standard BFV.exe with the Dice mod with no luck running it on either.

Untitled1.png

and the DICE TKO server is now highlighted in the server browser, so its detecting it somewhere

Untitled2.png

Local time
Reaction score
Yes, here is what it looks like in my folder. I normaly use the "1920x1080" BFV.exe but I renamed both that and the standard BFV.exe with the Dice mod with no luck running it on either.

View attachment 2957

and the DICE TKO server is now highlighted in the server browser, so its detecting it somewhere

View attachment 2959
Erm but you also made the changes within the properties (rightclick -> properties)?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Just to also add,

Our server will only work with the mod on the day of the event. ;) But you...need to edit the properties as Heilig said above. :p Please checkout the linked resource on how to run mods (specifically shortcut + editing) https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/1/

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Thank you Admins for making this even on the main server. This should attract other players to this and other mods which they are unaware of if they are not subscribed to this forum or social media.

Your Dice City Vietnam Mod Windows Desktop Shortcut should look like the one here on the bottom:

1684547841420.png

Check out gameplay video here:

View: https://youtu.be/_mOwub5H-3Q

It worked perfectly after install. @TKO_Flight447 you can see the menu details in the beginning of the video. Game play is smooth too. I like the music and voices in this mod, they are fun. The new audio playlist in vehicles is a nice addition. This should be a memorable event.

Thank you @LTShaun for the Dice City Server.

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Sadly, I feel as though this event will not be the hit that we would have hoped for.
I feel that the need to download, save, run, click this and that, swap files, etc. is going to be too much of a hassle for the majority of the community. Most of our remaining BFVrs don't even visit the forums.
How are they to know?
No offense, as I do realize the amount of effort put into the events for the small group of gamers we have yet. I can appreciate what you guys are doing.
I just think on the whole, that most people won't bother to take all the steps necessary to play the mod. I hope I am wrong. But with the issues that have already presented itself with running this mod, I am predicting a very low turnout. I have a feeling that most our regulars will be playing in the Bot server during the peak hours of the event.
Fingers crossed that I am wrong. Just a gut feeling.

I myself will not be attending. DL apps, installing apps, dealing with files I know nothing about chases me off...

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Sadly it kept crashing my main BFV game between loading screens so I had to uninstall it.
Are...you sure it was the mod? And that...you were running plain BFV not the modified executable? ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Sadly, I feel as though this event will not be the hit that we would have hoped for.
I feel that the need to download, save, run, click this and that, swap files, etc. is going to be too much of a hassle for the majority of the community. Most of our remaining BFVrs don't even visit the forums.
How are they to know?
No offense, as I do realize the amount of effort put into the events for the small group of gamers we have yet. I can appreciate what you guys are doing.
I just think on the whole, that most people won't bother to take all the steps necessary to play the mod. I hope I am wrong. But with the issues that have already presented itself with running this mod, I am predicting a very low turnout. I have a feeling that most our regulars will be playing in the Bot server during the peak hours of the event.

I myself will not be attending. DL apps, installing apps, dealing with files I know nothing about chases me off...
Separate response which I normally don't do because I hate spam;

I couldn't be bothered with setting up a whole new server this time - normally and even I stated in the suggestions for this event - we host modified events on a separate server thus giving players the choice to play regular bfv or the modded event that is happening. :) We had an event server prior crash but I haven't set one up again with our new platform.

There are some who have preached time and time again that we should host all our events on one server, be it mods or normal non-download stuff, and now is the time where they are proven right or wrong. We have done all in our power to advertise and assist. The mod is proven to work albeit there is teething issues (same happens with every modified event).

In the end, it is the players choice and it is respected. And to answer your question, not everyone logs in but the read counts and visit counts speak of at the very least - people looked at the thread. I'm sorry but the instructions are as simple as they can be and I understand not everyone is willing to start downloading etc.

Each to their own and again, it's respected.

TKO_Flight447

Forum Newbie
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Are...you sure it was the mod? And that...you were running plain BFV not the modified executable? ;)

Unfortunately yes. After making separate executables as desktop icons, although the [TKO] server was joinable since it recognized the mod, it would prompt a "please insert any game CD" when trying to load...my computer has no CD slot. That, combined with my normal BFV game crashing during every loading screen, I uninstalled DICE and everything fixed itself. Quite disappointed I won't be able to join ya'll for the event.

Local time
12:09 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Unfortunately yes. After making separate executables as desktop icons, although the [TKO] server was joinable since it recognized the mod, it would prompt a "please insert any game CD" when trying to load...my computer has no CD slot. That, combined with my normal BFV game crashing during every loading screen, I uninstalled DICE and everything fixed itself. Quite disappointed I won't be able to join ya'll for the event.
I don't use the BFV CD too since 2016. No CD Crack took care of it.

I noticed that you renamed and added target text to your BFVietnam application in the main BFV folder. That is not what I did. It doesn't matter if you were able to run the mod. If its not pointed to the correct application path, its going to crash.

When you installed the Dice City mod file, what path did you select?

It should be the main folder where BFV is installed. My BFV main folder is called "Game Files". This is the path I took as seen below:
1685338741565.png

The mod install file will automatically unpack in the Mods directory.

Then Go to the main BFV folder, Right click on the BFVietnam Application - Send to - Desktop (create shortcut) as seen below: (Don't change anything with the original BFVietnam application file in your BFV folder. Simply create a shortcut to the Desktop.)
1685338926174.png

Then go to your Windows Desktop, find that new BFVietnam shortcut - Right click - go to Properties - and add the following text in Target seen below:
1685336940809.png

Once you finish adding the text in Target click on Change Icon seen below:
1685337265123.png

Now click on Browse button seen below:
1685337361640.png

Now find your BFV folder and go to Mods folder seen below:
1685337519597.png

Now select Dice City V folder seen below:
1685337590275.png

Now select DiceCity_V icon file and click Open seen below:
1685337853461.png

Now click on the DiceCity icon and click OK seen below:
1685337969620.png

Now click on Apply and OK seen below:
1685338050069.png

On your Desktop, Right-Click on the new DiceCity icon and Rename the from BFVietnam shortcut to Dice City Vietnam as seen below:
1685338165385.png

Simply run or open this shortcut in the same way you Run BFV. Find the TKO server and test the play.

If you do exactly as mentioned above, it should work flawlessly.

Let me know if you need any help with any of these steps. I spent more than 45 mins to make these instructions for you. If you can spend 45 mins to give this mod one more try, I will appreciate. Its not just about Dice City. The idea is that you once you know how to install this mod, you can install any other mod in the same way.

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:09 PM
Reaction score
Just a reminder! The event will occur in our server with the following IP and Port:
IP: 108.61.119.37
Port: 15567
(the event banner is incorrect)

See you in the battlefield! 😉

Local time
6:09 AM
Reaction score
How are they to know?

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
I can happily announce due to Al Gore's very kind tutorial, I was able to get Dice City running successfully.

See you in 'da hood :cool:
Awesome ! Gore can you send me a link to your NO CD Crack? Getting add CD error.

Back