• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BFV] Operation Air Defense Event

Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Studio_Project (1).jpeg

This event has kinda been a bit outstanding and was a suggestion sent in by Al Gore quite some time ago. Finally seeing the light of day...

Ps;

After this event, going forward our Allmaps server will remain literally as is - allmaps. All future events where there is reduced maps in rotation or completed altered maps will be held on our popup event server. ;)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Will extra air vehicles be added to these maps for the event?
At this specific point...I don't think so...

As the modified versions we have...make its a quid pro quo...situation. The idea behind this was more for strategy with what one has...

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 2484

This event has kinda been a bit outstanding and was a suggestion sent in by Al Gore quite some time ago. Finally seeing the light of day...

Ps;

After this event, going forward our Allmaps server will remain literally as is - allmaps. All future events where there is reduced maps in rotation or completed altered maps will be held on our popup event server. ;)
Looks nice, I hope i can make it possible to join.

But a small comment at your plans hosting events only on popup server.
I think many players just don't know if an event is present on the popup server as it was in past.
So the popup server and main server have both about 15 players or so, instead of having 30 at the main.
Of course if the event is with client side modding, there is a need of the popup server.

But all SSM Events should be on the main server in my opinion. I'm fine with both solutions, just a comment ?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Looks nice, I hope i can make it possible to join.

But a small comment at your plans hosting events only on popup server.
I think many players just don't know if an event is present on the popup server as it was in past.
So the popup server and main server have both about 15 players or so, instead of having 30 at the main.
Of course if the event is with client side modding, there is a need of the popup server.

But all SSM Events should be on the main server in my opinion. I'm fine with both solutions, just a comment ?
The idea is to actually have the servers name say:

-[HELLO]-Event (time / date here). As it kinda breaks our name on our main server and that's what players come there for...allmaps. But I do see the side of it. ;)

Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I agree with @htn that if future events will be held on pop-up servers, only a handful of die-hard forum, gametracker, and social media followers will show up, IF they also remember that the event is on the pop-up server and not on the main server.

I realize that this is being done because of a few complainers during the past events on the main server, but most players have expressed delight to see these events especially with modified maps, new vehicles, etc. For example, the last two events with @Pipiska 's SSM maps have been awesome as commented by many in those event thread's.

For those few complainers who wish to only play on the regular All Maps server, a pop-up server can be hosted with All Maps so that they can go there if they wish not to participate in the event. Thanks!

Local time
1:34 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
I agree with @htn that if future events will be held on pop-up servers, only a handful of die-hard forum, gametracker, and social media followers will show up, IF they also remember that the event is on the pop-up server and not on the main server.

I realize that this is being done because of a few complainers during the past events on the main server, but most players have expressed delight to see these events especially with modified maps, new vehicles, etc. For example, the last two events with @Pipiska 's SSM maps have been awesome as commented by many in those event thread's.

For those few complainers who wish to only play on the regular All Maps server, a pop-up server can be hosted with All Maps so that they can go there if they wish not to participate in the event. Thanks!
I'm extremely grateful for everything Ice and everyone else have done to support me and the development of Operation Remembrance, including the January event, but I'll agree it was a bit disheartening to see that even at our peak during the Operation Remembrance event, the Allmaps server still had more players, probably because they didn't know about it.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE;

As per repeated requests, the map rotation has been restored to normal. We played a good few rounds of the event maps with 24+ players but we were cycling a bit too quickly.

Thank you to those that joined!

Back