• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Main Rape Reminder

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
A day or so ago, on Saigon '68, I was on the blue team at our main. We had all flags except Red held their main. As I was running to get into the Huey Slick, I heard the MI8 coming. Next thing I know, I am blasted into oblivion. On the roof of our main. I then imposed punishment on the player who did so via the admin client. The player came back and responded that there was no main rape on this map. The player is one of the top 20 scoring players on this server.

Here are the main rape rules as a reminder. Thank you. pinky

Operation Flaming Dart - The rule doesn't apply here as the flags have no effect on mains for either side.
Fall of Lang Vei - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited. (Both the huey slick and mi-8 cargo are exempt)
Hue 1968- No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Ho chi minh trail - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Saigon 68 - If the team has another above ground flag main rape may not take place. (Village/Bridge House/ Palace)(The Huey slick is exempt)
Quang tri 1968 - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Fall of Saigon - Main rape is allowed as the plane is not much of a threat.
Reclaiming Hue - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Defence of Con Thien - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited.
Cambodian Incursion - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Operation Cedar Falls - If the team has another above ground flag main rape may not take place. (All flags except the tunnel HQ and radio room)(The huey slick is exempt)(NVA doesn't have a main)
Landing Zone Albany - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Operation Hastings - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited. (The huey slick is exempt)
Operation Game Warden - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited. (The huey slick and mi-8 cargo are exempt)
Quang tri 1972 - No helis/planes so the rule does not apply.
Operation Irving - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited. (NVA doesn't have a main)
Siege of Khe Sahn - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited.
La Drang Valley - If the team has more than 1 flag main rape is prohibited. (NVA has no main)

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
And just yesterday, we had at least three/four players raping on Operation Irving. Nagi being one. You guys have been playing here for years and didn't know the rule?

Local time
4:22 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
This is what happens to top player main rapers:

View: https://youtu.be/mXhuyRVaVQw

This is correct though. They were admin killed, the chopper was returned to the players. Unless, that's what you meant to portray?

I'd like to just clear this up a bit again broadly speaking here since this thread is providing the basis for it;

Yes, there are players that have been here for ages and ages. Yes, now and then they test the rules out. They get punished and treated equally. If they are clearly repeating the actions, their punishments will grow in length. This has been discussed to tedious lengths before. If there is questions to this, please take a look at the ban list - https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/banlist

Admins are here to ensure the rules are enforced. If players can't be bothered to keep up with the rules or need to be reminded of them, it is down to the Admins to remind them of the rules and be the enforcement of them on the server. If they have questions, the rules page is there, and as Pinky made this topic, it's here too.

I personally do not expect players to constantly check in and remind themselves of each specific case of rules, especially for main raping. I simply don't. If they break them, knowingly or unknowingly, they are treated the same.

If this is not up to par with what is expected, I'm sorry but it's been my way of treating that specific aspect, as it has been with SK and it's something that I respected and uphold.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I was looking at the list of maps and I see La Drang on there and ... I miss it. I can't tell you when I last played that map. It's a terrible map with but a few players but fill the server and it is delightful.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I had a little disagreement the other day with an admin that rape was prohibited on either Siege of Khe Sahn or Operation Irving. I could have reported it but have reported this individual in the past and little to nothing has been done to remedy this deficiency. As a matter of fact, they argued with me instead of checking the rules. I was on the US team.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I had a little disagreement the other day with an admin that rape was prohibited on either Siege of Khe Sahn or Operation Irving. I could have reported it but have reported this individual in the past and little to nothing has been done to remedy this deficiency. As a matter of fact, they argued with me instead of checking the rules. I was on the US team.

Khe Sahn has, I think, been one map where main rape has been a common problem. It's a smaller map with lots of air which is going to lead to these troubles, unfortunately. I know this, I have seen players call out rape rape rape when in fact, they may be talking about a player who is on the ground in a tank in main. Which is legal. In the future, may I reco that you file a complaint here about the player/admin if you feel wronged. Thank you.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I know who you are referring to. As per our discussion, it takes two to do the dance.

Clearly pinky's topic is needed to clear things up further and that will be done.

In my search for this instance, I thought I'd just drop this here:
2022-05-10 15:01:44 : # [Global] bluefry: I started smoking like an old whore
2022-05-10 15:01:47 : User operator at console said '[BVSM] bluefry do not use the word whore in chat'.
2022-05-10 15:02:20 : # [Global] bluefry: I got auto waned
2022-05-10 15:02:55 : # [Global] bluefry: using the w word for working gal
2022-05-10 15:11:41 : # [Global] bluefry: you bastard
2022-05-10 15:11:41 : User operator at console said '[BVSM] Kicking bluefry for using banned words'.
If the person reading this perhaps sees this, understand that I highly disprove of your crude chat and I am keeping an eye on you.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I am specifically talking about an admin that was not interpreting the main rape rules as they are written. You can try and distract from that all you want Shaun.

I am not talking about chat-based offences but rather a cognitively challenged admin that clearly has an uneven temperament when it comes to applying the main rape rules. I did not report its behavior at the time but realize now that I should have given your poor attitude.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I am specifically talking about an admin that was not interpreting the main rape rules as they are written. You can try and distract from that all you want Shaun.

I am not talking about chat-based offences but rather a cognitively challenged admin that clearly has an uneven temperament when it comes to applying the main rape rules. I did not report its behavior at the time but realize now that I should have given your poor attitude.
Okay. :)

I wasn't distracting, but merely pointing something out that I saw whilst looking for what you were talking about. See, I do follow up.

Kindly read what I said here:
I know who you are referring to. As per our discussion, it takes two to do the dance.

Clearly pinky's topic is needed to clear things up further and that will be done.
The Admin you are so kindly referring to has been spoken to about this.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Today, in Saigon '68, I was on blue at blue main. I was in the jeep mutt that sits at the front of the building. We also had the mid-map, above-ground flag. Rick showed up in the MI8 and blasted me into oblivion. I gave him a main rape warning and he disputed that he raped main. He pointed out that I was in a jeep on the ground (yes I was, at our main). He denied raping main.

Had I left the area of main with the jeep, I have no problem with him shooting me. But when I am backed up against our main, front entrance, that is main. And it is main rape. Thus the warning to Rick. Rick, please review the rules.

It was reported by Lawsome that Nagi rammed red main on Hastings with the jet (Nagi was on blue). Red had 2 or more flags. I did not see this and therefore, took no action. Nagi, please review the rules.

pinky

Local time
10:22 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Al, I forgot all about that on-going and never ending/changing announcer at the base. I don't hear any of that stuff and I don't want to either.
Get the SoundFix here https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/3/ Then you can hear the US (Blue) team male announcer in some maps, and the Vietnam (Red) female announcer in some maps. You can also hear birds and animal sounds in jungle maps, along with river water and other special effects.

Back