• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Changing your in-game name.

If a player isn't breaking the rules should an admin reveal their registered name?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
9:21 AM
Reaction score
There is no rule against changing your in-game name as long as you are not spoofing another player name or have an inappropriate name. My profile is registered under hard_rice. Lately I have played under different names which have included beans n cabbage as well as currently Mattel Marauder. Each name has personal significance and a historical account. For some reason Bluehealer / Fragga (a hello clan admin) has made it his business to use my hard_rice name in game chat to call me out and even ask me why I am using a different screen name.

How does Fragga know who this is? The admin tool allows any admin that is logged in to see a players IP and part of their key hash. If an admin takes your IP and enters it into a site like this https://www.iplocation.net/ip-lookup the admin can see where you live in the world unless you are using a virtual IP.

This tool helps admins find ban evaders and other such nonsense. Sometimes admins change their name and enters a game to watch a known or a suspected rule breaker without revealing their identity. What in game benefit is there to revealing my hard_rice name when I am just playing the game under a different pseudonym like Mattel Marauder (nickname in Vietnam for an M-16), other than to cause strife?

Last edited:
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hi Rice,

I'm just mentioning this for what it is worth, but I've asked you to report staff privately to me so that I may deal with it without inviting unfair comment or judgement. It is the same that was done with you.

In future, if you have a problem, please report staff here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/staff/report or players here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/report

I would likewise ask that you treat the people that are Admins here with a bit more respect. If you cannot do that, then please don't bait Admins for responses if you don't like them. Maybe even don't interact with them if you don't like them. I accept that not everyone can get along.

On to what you have said here;​

The criteria on players names as ruled out in our rules:

Player Names

Your in-game name is yours and yours alone. To ensure we are all on the same page, in-game player names may not contain any of the below mentioned examples:

1. Abusive or derogatory terms, that is targeted towards a specific player.
  2. Slurs or profanity of any sort.
  3. Impersonation of another player (even mock type names).
  4. Inappropriate names (Hitler, SS Soldier etc).
  5. Obscure characters that are difficult to see via our RM software or difficult to see in-game.
  6. Default player name of "Player".
Changing your name, for whatever reason, is quite okay. As long as it doesn't break the above stipulations.

Admins must respect the privacy of players, by not sharing any info they personally know as a result of their titles. Unless it has somehow become public knowledge or with my permission. The only exceptions to the name issue is when it comes to our known ban evaders / trouble makers.

Fragga will receive a warning for this. All admins have access to player information, that which you have already mentioned. They are trusted with this information and as a result they need to protect the privacy of other players. Respecting our members privacy is something I'm very much protective about.

Regards,
Ice

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I have reported this issue in the past Ice and was told that the admin was not breaking any rules.

I just reviewed my previous posts and found one from Oct 29, 2021, where I brought up this topic of discussion. For some reason the response is missing?

Unless a person is breaking the rules, they should be allowed to use any name that does not violate Hello Clan standards without an admin stripping away their anonymity.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I have reported this issue in the past Ice and was told that the admin was not breaking any rules.

I just reviewed my previous posts and found one from Oct 29, 2021, where I brought up this topic of discussion. For some reason the response is missing?

Unless a person is breaking the rules, they should be allowed to use any name that does not violate Hello Clan standards without an admin stripping away their anonymity.
Previously when our stats pages were working for our BFV & 1942 servers (they stopped working / I gave up on them around mid - late September 2021) player names were publicly available. The stats worked by logging the keyhash a player would use, then any name the player used would be linked to that keyhash and displayed on their stat page.

At the time of that incident you are referring to, our stats pages were still working (albeit buggy). As such, anyone could know who is really behind a pseudonym. Therefore at the time the admin in question did not break any rules as your name(s) was public knowledge.

Now, however, with the stats page down, players and their name history are not public knowledge. Which now falls under the Admin Guidelines "roughly".

With regard to your DM to me that you've linked, you locked the DM (maybe unintentionally, I can't tell) and I never responded.

Regards,
Ice

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I should have just sent you a DM I have not changed any settings.

I see under edit I was able to unlock the comment from October.

I did receive a response from you in October regarding that message it may have been lost when I was locked out of the Hello page.

Last edited:
Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Hard Rice I didn't say what name you were using when over a 2 day period you wanted to insult me. I said your name Hard Rice to let you know if you want to insult me be a man and use your normal name and not hide behind an alias to insult that's just weak in my mind. I've never said your IP or key hash or country of origin just your name HARD RICE.
It's a form of bullying to pretend to be someone else and insult. Maybe if you didn't insult trying to get a reaction then I'd have NO reason to call you out as a bully.
The following is a copy and paste from your post.

"Unless a person is breaking the rules, they should be allowed to use any name that does not violate Hello Clan standards without an admin stripping away their anonymity".

So in your mind insulting a player or admin is within the rules? I don't think it is. So even if i said Hard Rice aka what ever player name you are using,by you're own statement, that is not breaking the rules . It's very simple, try not insulting and you won't get upset that I've called you out on it!

PS this is a copy and paste from Ice's message to you about admin rules.

"Admins must respect the privacy of players, by not sharing any info they personally know as a result of their titles. Unless it has somehow become public knowledge or with my permission. The only exceptions to the name issue is when it comes to our known ban evaders / trouble makers".
Read the last 2 words "TROUBLE MAKERS", and you are a trouble maker.
So by admin rules as stated by Ice, I have not broken any rules. YOU HAVE!

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hard Rice I didn't say what name you were using when over a 2 day period you wanted to insult me. I said your name Hard Rice to let you know if you want to insult me be a man and use your normal name and not hide behind an alias to insult that's just weak in my mind. I've never said your IP or key hash or country of origin just your name HARD RICE.
It's a form of bullying to pretend to be someone else and insult. Maybe if you didn't insult trying to get a reaction then I'd have NO reason to call you out as a bully.
The following is a copy and paste from your post.

"Unless a person is breaking the rules, they should be allowed to use any name that does not violate Hello Clan standards without an admin stripping away their anonymity".

So in your mind insulting a player or admin is within the rules? I don't think it is. So even if i said Hard Rice aka what ever player name you are using,by you're own statement, that is not breaking the rules . It's very simple, try not insulting and you won't get upset that I've called you out on it!

PS this is a copy and paste from Ice's message to you about admin rules.

"Admins must respect the privacy of players, by not sharing any info they personally know as a result of their titles. Unless it has somehow become public knowledge or with my permission. The only exceptions to the name issue is when it comes to our known ban evaders / trouble makers".
Read the last 2 words "TROUBLE MAKERS", and you are a trouble maker.
So by admin rules as stated by Ice, I have not broken any rules. YOU HAVE!
Fragga

There is nothing wrong with using different names. If me using different names in game bothers you I am guessing that you have other much bigger problems.

You need to cool your jets or you're going to have a stroke.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I'm going to lock this thread to prevent further degradation happening here.

I'd like to consider this a closed issue now. In the end however, everyone needs to accept that there should be mutual respect even if it seems impossible. If that cannot happen, rather report rule breaking or infractions in the case of staff.

Staff likewise have the option to come to me if they have a problem with a player and are not sure what to do about it. Just stating that openly here, there is always issues that are to be dealt with. We all handle them differently. Most are delegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back