• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Friendly fire

JustinBieber

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:03 AM
Reaction score
The map Operation Flaming Dart started, I boogie to the plane and a player from my team kills me because he did not have time to take the plane first, is this normal? I put mines near the flag and the players from my team are blown up, they kick me out of the game, is this normal? Maybe it's time to turn it off once and for all this option?

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello Justin,

I boogie to the plane and a player from my team kills me because he did not have time to take the plane first, is this normal?
That is not normal. If the player actually killed you, it is disruptive play and team-killing. I encourage you to report such instances via https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/report and it will be dealt with accordingly.

I put mines near the flag and the players from my team are blown up, they kick me out of the game, is this normal?
Just to be clear:
Code:
2022-01-15 17:40:44 : User operator at console kicked player Justin Bieber

You were automatically kicked by the server itself for a minus score. You had likely reached or exceeded a minus score of 5. Unfortunately, not everyone makes use of the "Q" functionality and I can say that is has been a drawback.

In this specific instance, I should point out that you know Friendly Fire was on and in hindsight should not have placed mines there if you common sense dictates that your teammates might use the aircraft...

Maybe it's time to turn it off once and for all this option?
At the moment Justin, I'm sorry but you are the only only player that has vehemently been against Friendly Fire. The others that have had opinions on the subject were not as against it as you have been. It stays on unless there is a sudden influx of complaints about it and it sends our population down the drain.

In future, please report players that intentionally team-kill you (killing you when you go for a vehicle). I will investigate this instance you have mentioned in my own time tomorrow when I'm home again and take action if need be. :)

Regards,
Ice

Local time
7:03 AM
Reaction score
The map Operation Flaming Dart started, I boogie to the plane and a player from my team kills me because he did not have time to take the plane first, is this normal? I put mines near the flag and the players from my team are blown up, they kick me out of the game, is this normal? Maybe it's time to turn it off once and for all this option?
Hi Justin, if a player killed you on purpose then report him that is different from an accidental TK. It comes under disruptive game play. As for the FF it's here to stay as more want it than don't. it has made the game NEW after all these years it just takes time to get used to it. I have been TK so many times because own team dont use Q to see mines I have placed. that's life in this game now.

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
I'm sure there's already a reminder in server messages for players to press Q,
would it help to have that message appear more often?
Or perhaps just encourage players who are placing mines to warn their team to have Q pressed,
there's been a few times where I forget to hit it at the start and generally don't notice it's off until I TK or blow up.

JustinBieber

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

IceSkater,​

Thanks for answers! I really love this game and the players, so I will suffer and endure friendly fire further.
Just explain what is the pleasure in friendly fire? If realism, then there are even more realistic games like ARMA3 or Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and so on...

Pipiska,​

Thanks, I'll try

Local time
Reaction score

IceSkater,​

Thanks for answers! I really love this game and the players, so I will suffer and endure friendly fire further.
Just explain what is the pleasure in friendly fire? If realism, then there are even more realistic games like ARMA3 or Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and so on...

Pipiska,​

Thanks, I'll try
For me Justin it is like a new game while being 18 years old, You have to adjust the way you play compared to the old way, as in no more blanket bombing and air to ground rockets into own team to kill the enemy or using C4 or time bombs or Dynamite while you are in the blast zone, no more shooting LAAWs or M79s, XMs at your feet to kill an enemy. I think it adds to the enjoyment of keeping an old game going and it is a little more realistic. I feel the FF has brought players back to what had become a stale game. We have gone from 8-10 players on a good day to nearly filling the server some days.Persist and you my just like FF being on :) We are a community that enjoy this game and have played with the same people for more than a decade We have seen players come and go and even die in real life I feel keeping this game going adds to the memory of players like Cosmo, Flowerpower, Airpeit. Cosmo was a friend in real life and every time I play I give him a thought about how we would chat on the phone for ages and exchange gifts via international mail. may those that have gone be remembered. RIP.

Last edited:
Local time
12:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
no more shooting LAAWs or M79s, XMs at your feet to kill an enemy
What?? my favorite method of how to avoid helping someone else score a kill on me. ? ?
I'd much rather die and take them with me. Just saying.... ;)
Of course in real life there is a minimum safe arming distance and they would (almost) never blow up at close range.

Local time
Reaction score
What?? my favorite method of how to avoid helping someone else score a kill on me. ? ?
I'd much rather die and take them with me. Just saying.... ;)
Of course in real life there is a minimum safe arming distance and they would (almost) never blow up at close range.
I meeeean don't get me wrong I was one of the biggest feet shooters out there :) That got boring as it took O skill ( yes that suited me well) to stop being killed. Then I became proficient with the m79(wombat gun) and would do 240 mtr on the run kills and still do :) but I much prefer long range shooting now, for now.I do like the double shot from the XM as you can get a spread with the 2 shots and it only counts as 1 round :)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I meeeean don't get me wrong I was one of the biggest feet shooters out there :) That got boring as it took O skill ( yes that suited me well) to stop being killed. Then I became proficient with the m79(wombat gun) and would do 240 mtr on the run kills and still do :) but I much prefer long range shooting now, for now.I do like the double shot from the XM as you can get a spread with the 2 shots and it only counts as 1 round :)
The XM double shot is great "feature". I am sure that is a glitch, but no one is yelling about it. At least not yet. But you can't switch to rifle mode while reloading either.

HueyBob

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Bob
Is FF off on the Mission Possible server?
*edit* sorry nevermind, I just read back a few posts and Pipiska had already infobombed :) my bad

Last edited:

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
use ~ptk to punish teamkillers I forget the name of the window you have to bring up to punish team killers.

Any regular player can do this.

Local time
Reaction score
use ~ptk to punish teamkillers I forget the name of the window you have to bring up to punish team killers.

Any regular player can do this.
the Insert key is the one to use. just below the esc key, than type (ptk) and hit enter, hit the hit insert key once more and your done and back to game

JustinBieber

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
FIRE IS MINES. NOW THIS IS A PROBLEM AS YOU DIE FROM THEM. THE PLEASURE FROM THE GAME IS EVEN MORE LOST FROM THIS.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
FIRE IS MINES. NOW THIS IS A PROBLEM AS YOU DIE FROM THEM. THE PLEASURE FROM THE GAME IS EVEN MORE LOST FROM THIS.

Let's talk about pressing the letter "Q".

You may remember that before FF, if you placed a "booby trap" on a vehicle and a teammate jumped into that vehicle, it would explode and kill them. If a player had pressed Q, they should see that there is a risk in taking that vehicle. If a mine, you survive. If booby trap, you die.

Several players such as Rbilly, BarFly and others enjoy using mines. I do run over them at times because even with Q pressed, when your jeep is smoking or the mine was placed right over the crest of a hill or just over the edge of a bridge, Q won't help. At the moment I see the alert, it's too late. I die and the person who placed the mine will die. That is the risk of using mines.

I like FF being on. And I throw time bombs. I've improved my skills knowing FF is on. The only problem is that it is a challenge to place betties. Teammates are going to step on them, spawn near them. They are a great tool but they must be placed with care. Same goes for the mines that you like to use.

See you in the game.

pinky

Local time
Reaction score
I like using mines even if some team mate will kill you as they kill themselves,.It can be a pain at times but I look at it as more realistic that Yes your team mates can and most likely will get you killed if attention is not paid.
BUT I LIKE MINES :) MINES MINES MINES!!!!!

View: https://youtu.be/p-3e0EkvIEM

Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
The whole reason why this thread got revived back on Sunday is because Beiber jumped in a jeep and very slowly backed it into the very visible/obvious landmine sitting just a few feet behind it that a teammate had just placed. Apparently he didn't see it OR the other two mines IN FRONT of the jeep. I know that because I saw it happen. I had enough time to shake my head, knowing what was about to happen but not having enough time to warn him.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:03 PM
Reaction score
I like that it adds more realism to the game, and I too like using mines...although since the settings were changed I do find myself using mines much less often than before. Either way I am content, it is nice to change things up every now and then.

Local time
7:03 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
@JustinBieber ,

I appreciate that you are so passionate about this. However, as you can see based upon the few responses already, you are at the moment the only person that is vehemently against FF being on.

I'm sorry, but FF will remain as is. I'm unable to keep every single player happy, case in point, but I will do what I can to keep the bulk of the player base happy without alienating the remainder that does not agree with the changes. Obviously, this isn't always a successful task. :D

If there was enough support for the removal of FF, then I'd happily entertain it, just as I did with the initial trial of FF after much discussion (over the years even).

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score

JB, you just have to use better strategy. FF being on has made the game much more exciting and fun. No more chopper just randomly shooting at flags. They now have to be careful if teammates are there. The days of placing random mines all over a map are over. What fun is that? I think Rbilly is a mine expert. He has developed a strategy to try and keep TKs to a minimum

This is good for the game. It helps tune your skills my friend.

Kill on the battlefield!

pink

Back