• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Main Rape and Main Taking

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:40 PM
Reaction score
This topic comes up often.

Let's have an open discussion, where each might state their opinion of any proposed solution. This is a gaming group and we play this game we all love and enjoy, most of the time...

It seems like I used to play on a server where you couldn't take main. You could get by the flag but nothing would change. That is a possible "programming" solution.

We could have a rule that there is no main raping by anything that flies at any time. This would allow players to drive tanks into main, boats to main, etc. (This wouldn't solve the need for admin intervention to punish those who violate the rules).

I have heard the arguments, well if a team can't keep more than one flag, they deserve it. I don't agree. You put the best players of the game on the same team and the underdog is toast. It leads to players circling main in choppers killing players spawning over and over. This frustrates them. They go spectate; don't spawn or leave the server. Players with honor and respect hold back and hang out waiting for the team to get air going so they can fight in the air.

I don't know that any part of this game has caused more angst than main attacks.

I support a rule that players may not attack main by air at any time. Mains may be taken but only ground. This will stop players from circling main with choppers spawn killing.

Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion. I would like to hear your opinion and please do so without attacking mine. I'll read and fairly consider your point of view.

If you can do so, without personal attacks, it would be nice to have an open discussion on a topic of interest.

pinky

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
This has been discussed over and over and over again, I like the rules the way they are that way you can at least end a map by quickly taking the enemies main when it's last flag. Circling and spawn killing is weak for sure but this is war right? I see your point but I'm sure plenty of players enjoy the thrill of flying to the enemies main on last flag and crushing them into submission. Sure it sucks getting spawn killed but the map will end and the game goes on. Just my opinion but as always I am open to changes that will better the experience for all of the players eyy

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This has been discussed over and over and over again, eyy

Yes it has, like I said, the topic comes up often.

The game evolves. Times have changed. The maps have changed, jeeps were added to La Drang to improve the game. Ticket speed, count changed. The game changes as do the players.

I honestly don't care if there is a rule change. I love the game with 40 players. When you have but a few players on, I sure hate seeing players leaving the game when the circle rape happens.

pinky

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This has been discussed over and over and over again, I like the rules the way they are that way you can at least end a map by quickly taking the enemies main when it's last flag. Circling and spawn killing is weak for sure but this is war right? I see your point but I'm sure plenty of players enjoy the thrill of flying to the enemies main on last flag and crushing them into submission. Sure it sucks getting spawn killed but the map will end and the game goes on. Just my opinion but as always I am open to changes that will better the experience for all of the players eyy

Don't forget, you are a talented player. I rank you right up there with Hellsfury and other quality players. You have integrity as a player. Not all of us are as good as you guys. I wish I were as good but I won't ever be. I have a 12 inch monochrome monitor running on a Tandy tape machine computer from the '60s.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Yes it has, like I said, the topic comes up often.

The game evolves. Times have changed. The maps have changed, jeeps were added to La Drang to improve the game. Ticket speed, count changed. The game changes as do the players.

I honestly don't care if there is a rule change. I love the game with 40 players. When you have but a few players on, I sure hate seeing players leaving the game when the circle rape happens.

pinky
It wouldn't be so bad but when dealing with team stackers, it screws up the game.

Bee

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:40 PM
Reaction score
Back in the day if your team was getting smoked ya either dealt with it or you improved your gameplay and came up with ways to change the situation. I get the whole no mainraping thing but to propose anything further than that is preposterous and going to continue softening whats left of the bfv community.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Back in the day if your team was getting smoked ya either dealt with it or you improved your gameplay
You have said this in the game. I've been playing this game, off and on, since it came out. I can play this game every day and I'll never be able to get a head shot on an opponent from a block or two away. Never.

We don't all have the same talent. Perhaps it is the monitor we own or our ping or our computer. Perhaps some players have disabilities or eye-hand coordination that doesn't match that of better players. Telling players who are not equal in talent to improve their game play solves nothing because they have the inability to do so. I would love to golf as good as Tiger Woods and I guess all I need to do is improve my gameplay.

Pisky, on Hastings, when I am red, it's always been a desire of mine to move the tunnel to blue main. I get good laughs out of tormenting blue. You are right, taking mains has been part of this game since the start. I would hate to lose that. My purpose in this thread was to seek comment by as many players as possible. But alas, that seems a difficult task.

pinky

Local time
8:40 PM
Reaction score
I like the way the rules are now. If it comes to a vote, ill vote to keep it the way it is.
Taking away Infantry attack on main in my opinion would be over reaching, and taking away a major highpoint of this game.
I will continue to support keeping the rules as they are now. If you don't want your main taken... Defend it! Ask for help....

My 2 cents worth

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I'm with you for what it's worth Pinky. "That's all I have to say about that".

It is unfortunate that we cannot get other players to comment on this topic. It's always the same, few, players. All should be allowed to voice their opinion on any topic. Freely and unfettered.

pinky

Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
It is unfortunate that we cannot get other players to comment on this topic. It's always the same, few, players. All should be allowed to voice their opinion on any topic. Freely and unfettered.

pinky
They are allowed or am I missing someting?

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
They are allowed or am I missing someting?

Not that I am aware of. They are free to make a comment. I just would like to know why they don't comment. What keeps them from voicing their opinion? I'm just asking.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Your right not, everyone can speak up freely. I was told if I speak up I could get banned from the forum. SO, I can't say anything.
Some of you are very lucky you can voice your opinion over and over and over. Free = comes at a cost. Cost = being silenced.

I love turtles...

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
In my opinion which I pointed out previously in another thread, I am for the rules as they are right now.
So no main rape, until it is last flag. To make it possible to end a round if the opposite team is to weak to defend their main.
Is it sometimes frustrating being on that team where choppers circling and shooting into main? Of course.
But there is always a possibility to leave...through forrest..hiding and running in the right moments. Choppers don't see anything at any time and they must reload from time to time.

So in my opinion: Let the rule as it is.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know why Rick or Rbilly don't post. BarFly will post. Sometimes. The regular players don't post, for whatever reason. Perhaps they feel like it's a waste of time? Perhaps they fear retaliation in the game by the usual bullies? They don't want to be trolled?

In the past, when Ice or SK put up polls, players could vote and have no fear as viewers were unable to see who voted for what.

When there are changes to the server, I always thought it was a topic that would be discussed or that there would be a poll. The server has been tweaked and tweaked and it has worked. We still gather a good number of players. On the weekends and some weeknights. Now a player comes here asking that the ticket count/time limit of jungle maps be changed and it was changed in an instant. No poll. No discussion. Just changed. SK changed it years ago and until now it worked well. It seems I was the only one to voice an opinion on the change in that thread.

The idea of this forum is about suggestions. Suggestions. I made one.

pinky

Back