• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Dischord Chat ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
What did I do to recieve a one week chat ban on dischord. Grasshopper was talking smack and no one did anything?

I hadn't even spokent to anyone in dischord today?

Last edited:
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hi Rice,

In my endeavor to remain dignified, I'm going to do this as politely as I can.

Your remark last night about me in the voice chat was, unsettling, to say the least. I do not care that you have me muted on there, but whether you are aware of it or not, I can still hear you. Combined with information provided by an admin and a player that was in the voice chat with you roughly a week ago (only recently fully verified), I've decided that your disgruntled behavior needs to tone down a bit.

If you are incapable of holding your lewd comments about me to yourself and wish to share it in a chat that contains people that actually have decent intentions, I would hope that you thought it might be brought to my attention. Perhaps you were expecting a reaction?

Please do not act surprised, you are after all supposedly the grown man. With years of experience and life ahead of me, you should have been the better person if this was truly the case, instead you chose to fascinate yourself with who sleeps next to me at night - where that comes from only you know - making jokes about that, also sayings some crude things about one of the admins I might add. Is this truly the trademark of a grown man? Who, not too long ago said I was acting unprofessionally? I appreciate that irony.

Now listen, I'm not here to be bullied. There are several players that have sent me very crude stuff because of their bans made by myself or other admins, in the end they show common decency. Towards me, towards the admins. You have thus far only proven all the more that what I did with you was right. Disagree with it all you want.

I spend my time here Rice, I've committed my free time to raising this community. I'm...not paid to be here, I'm just here trying and I don't actually have to put up with a lot of the bad treatment I receive. But I do, because it usually pays off! A few of our...problematic players have become great people and pleasant to talk to as a result, but you and your rotten outlook I refuse to tolerate. Especially someone who should know so much better.

You are on a timeout on Discord for a week, for your foul chat regarding me and I thank the people (notwithstanding the admin and player) that came forward about your behavior. To be straightforward, this ban is three quarters me banning you and a quarter because the people who were present during these vents of yours did not approve of what you were saying. I'm sure they'll testify at their discretion if they wish. They knew you as an admin and a respectable player, all you have done is degrade yourself by acting in this manner.

You are also forum banned for a week. You are not banned in-game. When these bans expire (discord & website), you probably will have quite a bit to say, however, be mindful of how you choose to represent yourself as in the end it all comes back to you.

Just a tidbit for you Rice, coming from the person you designated an asshole - apparently assholes sound like me - if it weren't for me, 2021's achievements would not have been possible. A few achievements which you shared and enjoyed. In a way, I thank you for your blunt exclamations about me, you have only reinforced my views of you. Perhaps in doing this I've reinforced your views of me, either way you wanted something - there you go. I've given you something.

Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
Hi Rice,

In my endeavor to remain dignified, I'm going to do this as politely as I can.

Your remark last night about me in the voice chat was, unsettling, to say the least. I do not care that you have me muted on there, but whether you are aware of it or not, I can still hear you. Combined with information provided by an admin and a player that was in the voice chat with you roughly a week ago (only recently fully verified), I've decided that your disgruntled behavior needs to tone down a bit.

If you are incapable of holding your lewd comments about me to yourself and wish to share it in a chat that contains people that actually have decent intentions, I would hope that you thought it might be brought to my attention. Perhaps you were expecting a reaction?

Please do not act surprised, you are after all supposedly the grown man. With years of experience and life ahead of me, you should have been the better person if this was truly the case, instead you chose to fascinate yourself with who sleeps next to me at night - where that comes from only you know - making jokes about that, also sayings some crude things about one of the admins I might add. Is this truly the trademark of a grown man? Who, not too long ago said I was acting unprofessionally? I appreciate that irony.

Now listen, I'm not here to be bullied. There are several players that have sent me very crude stuff because of their bans made by myself or other admins, in the end they show common decency. Towards me, towards the admins. You have thus far only proven all the more that what I did with you was right. Disagree with it all you want.

I spend my time here Rice, I've committed my free time to raising this community. I'm...not paid to be here, I'm just here trying and I don't actually have to put up with a lot of the bad treatment I receive. But I do, because it usually pays off! A few of our...problematic players have become great people and pleasant to talk to as a result, but you and your rotten outlook I refuse to tolerate. Especially someone who should know so much better.

You are on a timeout on Discord for a week, for your foul chat regarding me and I thank the people (notwithstanding the admin and player) that came forward about your behavior. To be straightforward, this ban is three quarters me banning you and a quarter because the people who were present during these vents of yours did not approve of what you were saying. I'm sure they'll testify at their discretion if they wish. They knew you as an admin and a respectable player, all you have done is degrade yourself by acting in this manner.

You are also forum banned for a week. You are not banned in-game. When these bans expire (discord & website), you probably will have quite a bit to say, however, be mindful of how you choose to represent yourself as in the end it all comes back to you.

Just a tidbit for you Rice, coming from the person you designated an asshole - apparently assholes sound like me - if it weren't for me, 2021's achievements would not have been possible. A few achievements which you shared and enjoyed. In a way, I thank you for your blunt exclamations about me, you have only reinforced my views of you. Perhaps in doing this I've reinforced your views of me, either way you wanted something - there you go. I've given you something.
Shaun I for one do greatly appreciate your efforts of un paid energy you put into this game. You also taught an old bugger like me that has about 38 years on you, how to behave online. If I could have my time over again I would be more like you and less like I was.You are teaching this old dog new tricks. I have only been an admin for 5 minutes compared to you and in those 5 minutes I have learnt not to react like I once did. Again thankyou for the maturity and wisdom that is beyond your young years. PS that's another $50 please :) May you have a great New Year celebration and a great New year ahead. For those that don't understand the $50 remark that is a in joke between Ice and myself for saying good things about him online.

Local time
2:53 AM
Reaction score
The castle Silvia is referring to is the LOUDOUN Castle in Scotland where William Wallace's( Brave heart) sword was kept until it was sold to a museum as his grand mother was a Loudoun My surname is one of the oldest in Scotland and the name was first recorded in 1160 AD. No you can't use that name against me as the spelling has changed though out the years and my name is now spelt differently HA HA to the trolls.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
We can all agree that IceSkater efforts are what keeps this community alive and well. Childish and rude people have no place here. I am still very sad about vmax and now hard rice but it just goes to show how a lot of people are putting on a show and someday they will show their ugly side to us all.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
What did you tell me Ice when I complained about negitive comments other players made about me especially when I had nothing to do with their grievience? That I needed tuffer skin as an admin(former). Nice double standard.

My mea culpa I thought if I had players I deemed annoying muted in Dischord that neiter one of us could hear the other.

And Ice nice move blocking me from the Hello web page for a week then slaming me in the forums; another fabulous display of your toxic qualities.

Ice you also told me not to message you anymore and blocked me on Dischord but then you come into the forums and have a rant about me? Very toxic.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Rice, get over it. You were treated fairly. You are not welcome here if you personally attack others. Skater has shown plenty of patience with you and leeway with things you have already said.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:53 PM
Reaction score
What did you tell me Ice when I complained about negitive comments other players made about me especially when I had nothing to do with their grievience? That I needed tuffer skin as an admin(former). Nice double standard.

My mea culpa I thought if I had players I deemed annoying muted in Dischord that neiter one of us could hear the other.

And Ice nice move blocking me from the Hello web page for a week then slaming me in the forums; another fabulous display of your toxic qualities.

Ice you also told me not to message you anymore and blocked me on Dischord but then you come into the forums and have a rant about me? Very toxic.
Even if discord's mute would mute both sides, it would not allow to insult the person you have muted or talking bad about the person which you think he can't hear you with others.

It makes it on the other side even more worse, because you knew that it is not allowed and tried to hide it muting the person you insult!

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Save the piling on for the secret chats in the admin forums. Remember Ice Skater says that Admins need to have thicker skins and rise above it.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Even if discord's mute would mute both sides, it would not allow to insult the person you have muted or talking bad about the person which you think he can't hear you with others.

It makes it on the other side even more worse, because you knew that it is not allowed and tried to hide it muting the person you insult!

htn quit projecting and making things up your gossip is not helping here, and you are just trying to stir the pot. nice grammar "even more worse" ... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back