• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[UPDATE] Mission Possible's new direction

Local time
4:47 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Hello there!​

I'll cut straight through the cheese here...

Event attendances have dropped considerably when we used mods that required downloads etc...it was a hassle. Quite a few times I was teamviewing with players to help get mods working so they could join in the events.

Our previous event on Mission Possible itself was very low on player count. The only reason I've pursued the course of using mods & or community made maps (requiring download), was that these gave a fresh feel to the game and they were something just "different" compared to our usual gameplay on vanilla maps.

Granted, there are other servers out there that cater to such things, I thought by bringing it inhouse it might generate more interest - clearly not! :eek:

Thus, after discussing the idea with @Pipiska , we're working together now and refurbishing -[HELLO]-Mission Possible with Pipiska's server-side mods. These alterations require no additional files by players to join in. This obviously means no pesky downloads and or confusing installations. Pipiska himself will post about the changes in detail as soon as he is ready, there is no immediate rush, so he will only post the details when he is happy with them. :)

This means that Mission Possible's current map rotation will be altered and removed as soon as Pipiska is ready. The main page for Mission Possible will be altered as soon as the details have been published by him as well.

Along with this news, there is an additional rule applicable to Mission Possible only:

Specifically this line under Disruptive Play > Main Raping:

Main Raping (Mission Possible):
Please note that "main bases" that feature a double flag can only be captured last. Attacking double flag positions either from the ground or air, before your team has all the other flags, constitutes main rape.

Admin warn, kick & ban messages for main raping:
Please don't main rape unless last flag | Kicked for main raping | Banned for main raping.
The rules that cover both servers are here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/32/ and only the above mentioned rule applies to Mission Possible. Admin guidelines for admins only has also been updated to reflect this addition for that server specifically.

Included in this partnership, Pipiska has been brought on as staff. He is now a Battlefield Vietnam admin and can freely moderate both servers (as all admins can) or stick with Mission Possible itself.

Further down the line, as soon as Pipiska is ready, we will begin planning an event centered around Mission Possible's new direction to break it in (again :) ).

Regards,
Ice

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Our previous event on Mission Possible itself was very low on player count
an issue was one map missing for me, also the promo was missing from eg Gametracker

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Update...for this update;

Instead of making a whole new topic...

At the request of Pipiska, his maps have been removed from our servers along with his requested deletion of his account and posts. Currently, Mission Possible has been re-organized into our event server as a result.

We are exploring a possible new game / server that will taking up the empty space. Whilst I cannot promise this happening extremely soon, it is in the pipeline. :)

I thank Pipiska for what he has done for us and wish him all the best.

Local time
10:47 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Update...for this update;

Instead of making a whole new topic...

At the request of Pipiska, his maps have been removed from our servers along with his requested deletion of his account and posts. Currently, Mission Possible has been re-organized into our event server as a result.

We are exploring a possible new game / server that will taking up the empty space. Whilst I cannot promise this happening extremely soon, it is in the pipeline. :)

I thank Pipiska for what he has done for us and wish him all the best.
May I request that the Mission Possible server give a try at BFV WW2 Extended Mod please? There are no servers for this mod since many years. It's similar to BF1942 but with the newer features of BFV.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
May I request that the Mission Possible server give a try at BFV WW2 Extended Mod please? There are no servers for this mod since many years. It's similar to BF1942 but with the newer features of BFV.
Hey man, I'll run this MOD for now just for fun ;)

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
@x4|Al Gore
BfVietnam 2022-10-22 11-39-57-43.jpg

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Could you relist the Mission Possible server on Gametracker with the title " Hello BFV WW2 Extended Mod"? This way some old timers can see it and join manually, or new players in checking it out. Also, if you can run WW2-Extended Mod as a Co-op server, this would encourage a few players to join from time to time and play for a while even if they are all alone. Thanks

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Could you relist the Mission Possible server on Gametracker with the title " Hello BFV WW2 Extended Mod"? This way some old timers can see it and join manually, or new players in checking it out. Also, if you can run WW2-Extended Mod as a Co-op server, this would encourage a few players to join from time to time and play for a while even if they are all alone. Thanks
Sorry if I wasn’t clear, my offering to run WW2X on my server has nothing to do with Mission Possible. [TKO] WW2X Server is listed on game tracker and comes up in game browser too. The server has map vote enabled and all WW2X maps are playing in conquest or Coop your choice.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Sorry if I wasn’t clear, my offering to run WW2X on my server has nothing to do with Mission Possible. [TKO] WW2X Server is listed on game tracker and comes up in game browser too. The server has map vote enabled and all WW2X maps are playing in conquest or Coop your choice.

I just played a few maps in Co-op mode. Its a lot of fun. Its been 13 or 14 years since there's been a WW2X public server. Thanks. @rick and I used to play WW2X all weekend with a few others.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I just played a few maps in Co-op mode. Its a lot of fun. Its been 13 or 14 years since there's been a WW2X public server. Thanks. @rick and I used to play WW2X all weekend with a few others.
We are in the same time zone right? EST? Message me on Friday or Saturday nights and I'll be happy to join you for a few rounds.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Back