• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Important Update! In-Game Server List!

Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Hello HelloClan community!​

I bring some fantastic news, albeit a bit belated.

We all know that when GameSpy shutdown yesteryear, it took with it the ability to see the servers listed in-game itself. qTracker rose up as an emulator for it and we've been using that for sometime now.

However, qTracker officially shutdown back in June 20th 2017 (https://www.qtracker.com/news.php) and for whatever reason we still had reasonable success using it until a few months ago where it started dying.

It partially still works, but it doesn't list every server (and sometimes just lists none at all). It seems to be working selectively, in my opinion just finally dying...

Unfortunately, until last night there was no sight of an alternative. But a saving grace came in the form of "mister" on Discord. He is a keen Battlefield enthusiast and honestly dropped out of the sky for me. He showed me that OpenSpy was actually supporting BFV and after a few discussions, he patched our server binaries & Battlefield.exe launcher for us!

This means that not only can we see an in-game server list again, but it also means near-indefinite support for this! I've updated our server's with these binaries so it can be seen in-game, however there is still a tiny matter and this is the main point of this announcement.

A little bit of work for you; don't worry, it's worth it!​

I need all our users to please replace their BfVietnam.exe files. Basically, you need only re-download the no-cd patch here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/resources/7/ and just follow the same steps. Copy all three files and paste + replace them inside your game directory.

Alternatively, you can also edit your local hosts file. Mister has a guide here: https://cetteup.com/320/how-to-update-your-battlefield-vietnam-client-to-use-openspy/ (he also has the no-cd patch listed there for download.

When you launch the game, please hit the "Update" button in the Multiplayer screen and it will generate the servers that are currently patched to use OpenSpy.

I have also taken the liberty of sending all the server owners a message via GameTracker to try get them to update their binaries' too. Along with a request to join me in a group DM for some future plans. :)

A huge thank you to Mister for the time and trouble, he has helped our little BFV community greatly. A massive thank you as well to OpenSpy, who is now also tracking players and listing the servers for BFV here: http://beta.openspy.net/en/server-list/bfvietnam

Regards,
Ice

Last edited:
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
I did all this and now see about 5 servers listed in the browser, but none of them are Hello Clan servers. Something I did wrong? FYI, 2 of the browser servers listed are openspy titled, so I think I am seeing the correct server list now, just no HC servers.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I did all this and now see about 5 servers listed in the browser, but none of them are Hello Clan servers. Something I did wrong? FYI, 2 of the browser servers listed are openspy titled, so I think I am seeing the correct server list now, just no HC servers.
What you should see is this:

Battlefield Vietnam Screenshot 2021.11.19 - 21.05.12.38.png

Can you screenshot your server list please after clicking on the "Update" button on the left-hand side of the Multiplayer menu?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
Do we "need" to do this? I haven't had any trouble joining the HELLO server.

Local time
7:36 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Thanks for the help @IceSkater

I lost my in game server list again today, so I finally downloaded and replaced the patched file. Earlier, I tried to edit/add the host file with IP address but it didn't work. FYI, I don't see *Easy Prey/Death* server on the list. I play there quite often, especially when Hello servers are empty. I assume it's because that server's admin has to make some changes on his server to make his/her server appear on OpenSpy and he/she hasn't done it yet.

Servers currently missing on OpenSpy are:
*Easy Prey/Death*0/54 108.61.236.22:15567Irving [Extra Vehicles] -SS
Freddys Arsenal 0.500/16 158.174.122.241:15777LONG TAN
Qtracker dead, use OpenSpy0/1 85.214.21.18:15568DEFENSE OF CON THIEN
Freddy's SSM FREDDY.ZAPTO.ORG0/40 158.174.122.241:15567LANDING ZONE ALBANY
Use OpenSpy: bit.ly/3nf4kx20/1 85.214.21.18:15567SAIGON 1968
-=75thRR=- SSM FREDDY.ZAPTO.ORG0/12 158.174.122.241:15788IA DRANG VALLEY
Dazed and Confused0/20 68.232.163.19:15567HO CHI MINH TRAIL
(I assume the two servers with OpenSpy tags are for information only. Good idea!)

1644722152166.png

Above are the servers available in my BFV after replacing the patch files.

1644722303136.png

Above are the current list of BFV servers including BFV-Mod servers.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hey Al,

I lost my in game server list again today, so I finally downloaded and replaced the patched file. Earlier, I tried to edit/add the host file with IP address but it didn't work. FYI, I don't see *Easy Prey/Death* server on the list. I play there quite often, especially when Hello servers are empty. I assume it's because that server's admin has to make some changes on his server to make his/her server appear on OpenSpy and he/she hasn't done it yet.
Please note that he should be listed;

As his server is shown here: http://beta.openspy.net/en/server-list/bfvietnam
The above link shows what servers are currently being tracked by OpenSpy and this means that they should be showing up in the in-game server browser.

Please try clicking "Update" again in the multiplayer> internet menu in case there was perhaps a glitch of sort. It can happen if a server is offline for a bit and it takes a few moments to re-register.

Here's a screenshot of my server list as of today:
Battlefield Vietnam Screenshot 2022.02.13 - 15.26.06.45.png

Note: no special additions were made. This list is generated completely by OpenSpy.

Although I have sent out DM's to nearly all of them, only a handful responded and then there is an issue with their hosts that won't allow them to update their binaries. So at the moment there are the ones stuck on qTracker and then the few that were able to get on board with OpenSpy. ;)

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
this does not work for my preinstalled version (as sound fix won't for my original version)

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
this does not work for my preinstalled version (as sound fix won't for my original version)
They need to be handled separately...

Did you copy over the replacement / new no-cd patch mentioned in the topic and replaced your existing one with it? Then launched the game and clicked "Update"?

Check that the sound fix is installed by opening your list of installed programs and seeing the "Sound fix" application. If it is installed, please check your sound settings in the game menu itself.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
yes, in the original version I did, it works, the other one, preinstalled is a bit complicated, so I deleted it, and now its only vanilla, after reinstallation

in Battlefield 1942 I also did the update for the ingame server list issue and it went well

Back