• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

what makes a good player?

rage vs machine

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
So, a regular player was making fun of me for having a low score (tonnes of deaths, very little kills or points). This player had many many kills and points. This got me to thinking what makes for a good player?

Is it a huge amount of kills or points ? The answer is no.

I can think of many long time veterans who always get in the top 3 who only play to get kills. One respected player sits in bushes and shoots enemy players in the back as they run by, all game. Another veteran player who was on my team, ran by one of our flags that was 45% taken and didn't bother to stand there to return the flag to 100% ours. Another veteran player never assists when they see a teammate in need of help. Yet these players get huge points and are called "successful".

Then on the other side of this argument are players who sacrifice getting points to help their team win. One map I remember (Fall of Lang Vei) Pinky flew the Mi8 spawn chopper over the USA main the whole map. He got zero points and lots of deaths but helped his team to win. Other players risk getting killed to wrench a teammate's tank that is doing battle with another tank. Other players keep spawning (and dying) in order to law an enemy tank on the bridge in Reclaiming Hue. There are many other examples.

I won't even get into the cheaters (some are long time players who should know better). Or the idiots on your own team who blow up vehicles because they want to fly/drive them but you are about to reach the vehicle first.

Bottom line, points aren't the only means to judge if someone is a "good player."

Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
My personal opinion when it comes to any game;

A good player is a good sport. One that enjoys the game regardless of their score, their deaths or their kills. A player that helps others learn the ropes or at least tries to assist their team. A good player does not need to always be #1 on the scoreboard.

I won't even get into the cheaters (some are long time players who should know better). Or the idiots on your own team who blow up vehicles because they want to fly/drive them but you are about to reach the vehicle first.
As for this, if you think someone is using hacks I would appreciate it if you reported them for us to investigate. During Rus' time here, he successfully banned a hacker with evidence. Previously SK banned a few hackers also with evidence.

During my time, there have been a few reports of players using hacks. I've personally spectated reported players under pseudonyms and nearly every admin here (past & current) have investigated reported players. The point I'm making here is that we do follow up on reports and we do our best to prove the reports accurate, but if there is nothing there it is what it is.

Regarding players that blow up team vehicles before you get to them, I implore you to report this activity too. The report facility exists for this very reason! If an Admin doesn't see it, or if there is no Admin online, how are the rules supposed to be enforced? We need the help of the players to ensure the rules are followed.

So please Rage, if you do see such behavior, report it. If any player sees such behavior, report it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Report players on BFV: https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/report

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:26 PM
Reaction score
Thank you Rage for the honorable mention. Historically, since the game came out, I have enjoyed moving the tunnel. I also love flying the spawn chopper over enemy main. When Rick has the Cobra or the gunship, he is good at taking me out, thus ruining my fun. There are a small few players who are close to being as good as Rick.

It is my pleasure to drop you into enemy main. I do wish more players would wrench me.

I think to determine what makes a player a "good" player we must look at the goal of the game. The object of the game is to win the map and you do so be taking and keeping flags. When players work toward this goal, they are good players. I do my best to drive the enemy nuts (such as stealing the slick in Hastings), I try to keep them busy chasing me while my team takes flags. I love it when they chase me down to recover the slick.

pinky

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
Strongly agree rage.
assess how many kills defines a good player?
It would be necessary to assess then, how many times did his team win (that of the player who gets so many points), or rather how many times did he lose his team, due to attitudes like the ones you say, not helping his team, not sharing the heli, plane etc .
I have played with players who are called "successful" and I can only say that they have plenty of names, .. reasons? the ones you mention, from not sharing the heli even once, stealing it, exploiting it so that you don't use it, asking me to pick you up and not doing it, asking for help and not helping you ..etc.
A good restaurant is not measured by the amount of food it sells ... if not, hamburgers would be the queens, in fact hamburgers sell millions of meals ... but they are garbage, it is junk food no matter how much it sells, there are other parameters that give excellence, service, attention, presence, etc. In this case, like the examples that you mention your rage.
If there was a list with these parameters the list would be inverted.
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU RAGE

MacGyver Araujo

Forum Newbie
DISCORD MODERATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
Very nice vision. I think the points we see in the game it's just how many things the people did in that battle. I remember playing BF2 and several people got angry because i was in first position without any kill (medic points hehe). This system of points don't reveal how much good you are as a player, and the modern battlefield games made this system worse. This one of the reasons that i prefer play the classic battlefield games hehe.

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:26 PM
Reaction score
A few minutes ago I remembered this post playing..a player of those who make a lot of points ..of those who kill you from the other side of the map .. as he does not like to play the helis maps ..because he decided to ruin the map .. going to the same team we were 3 vs 0 to ruin the map ... with bad luck that I changed the team machine to me .. and this super player .. sorry ... this super cheater decided to make main rape 2 Sometimes ... "Why do main monkfish, they are cheats right?"
Well, I could only play according to the time page for 2 minutes ... but I think it was really 5 minutes.
Well, conclusion that making many points does not mean that you are a good player ... in this case, it means that you are a cheater.

Back