• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Fall of Saigon

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
8:45 PM
Reaction score
I can't remember when I last played this map. La Drang Valley. Maps I loved to play back in the day. When we had many players. Even when we have 30 or more players today, guys vote away from these maps.

No other map has the rocket truck and I loved that thing.

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
We played this map a few weeks ago and it was great fun. Surprisingly, Nagi who was the pilot, didn't bail from the transport bomber airplane this time ? as he used to do killing a plane full of team-mates. (Thanks Nagi)

Unfortunately, even with the timer off, this map ends very quickly. Both mains can be easily captured because the time to take the main flags are quick, unlike the mains in maps like Hue, or Hastings which need more than a minute to capture. Once the main is captured, the team's special vehicles like the AC-47 bomber or the BRDH rocket truck cannot respawn. Thanks to the jeeps it's easy to move from flag to flag.

Similar to Cedar Falls, this map is truly unique with rivers, swamps, gunboats, bridges, jeeps, tanks, a runway for the bomber, rocket truck, jungles, and open spaces.

We rarely got to play this map before because Map Vote was on. Some naive players got to repeatedly play Hastings (with map voting) while missing out on gems like Fall of Saigon and Cedar Falls.

Thanks for brining this up. There are a few other admirers of this map like @petter pang. I haven't seen him in the game for a while. I hope he is okay.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
6:45 PM
Reaction score
The problem with these good maps is many times the population is low during these larger maps. Its a long map with 4 or 6 players. Many players dont realize is there limited configurable options for all these maps. We need more players to see a map through that's not their fav, but that's not reality. Turning map vote on then off, then on, then off, Timer, no -timer . Its all a delicate balance to appease 100 plus preferences then add the map nuances / I want air maps/ I want ground maps. CS and other games just have more followings and populations. I wonder if a mass emailing once in a while would help to forum accounts. Like a keep in touch email?

Local time
3:45 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
The problem with these good maps is many times the population is low during these larger maps. Its a long map with 4 or 6 players. Many players dont realize is there limited configurable options for all these maps. We need more players to see a map through that's not their fav, but that's not reality. Turning map vote on then off, then on, then off, Timer, no -timer . Its all a delicate balance to appease 100 plus preferences then add the map nuances / I want air maps/ I want ground maps. CS and other games just have more followings and populations. I wonder if a mass emailing once in a while would help to forum accounts. Like a keep in touch email?
Behold the headache I face. :)

It is my idea already to send out a mass DM to our forum members at either the start or end of a year, with a reminder of what games we host, what plans we have and noticeable achievements we may boast.

Regards,
Ice

paranoid

Forum Rookie
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
I haven't seen him in the game for a while. I hope he is okay.
Last time I chat with him in social media, he was dealing with some personal issues.

His dad passed away and he re-started working at his house.

So he got no time to play BFV anymore, but he's OK.

Local time
9:45 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Last time I chat with him in social media, he was dealing with some personal issues.

His dad passed away and he re-started working at his house.

So he got no time to play BFV anymore, but he's OK.
Thanks for the update Para. Sorry to hear about Petter Pang's dad. Glad Petter is okay. Please send him a message and let him know that Al Gore is asking about him, and BFV's Fall of Saigon is waiting for him.

Back