• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

New BfV Mod! "Operation Remembrance"

Local time
1:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum, but IceSkater has kindly given me permission to make a post introducing a mod I've been working on for Battlefield Vietnam called Operation Remembrance. It's been in the works for quite a long time, and I'm finally getting ready to release it. It's a realism/expansion mod that between its base version and several planned patches will add dozens of small arms, vehicles, maps, and several new factions, including the ANZACs! It also adds various new kits and classes to play as, including Medic, Non-Commissioned Officer, Tanker, and others, and I've made a lot of improvements to the AI performance so the bots aren't quite so stupid and are actually somewhat worth playing against.

This is the link to my ModDB page:

And this is my personal YouTube account, where you can watch the trailer for Operation Rembrance and some other videos showcasing some of the mod's features.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
At a time when we seem to be struggling just to get 16 players, you probably needed to release this 10 years ago. I am willing to give it a try but if there's only one player, me, you will have put in a lot of work in vain my friend.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Well, I STARTED this nine years ago, and it would have been nice to have it out all the way back then, but here I am. At the very least, I've gotten a decent reaction and a fair following on ModDB, with quite a few people looking forward to the release. I'm hoping this mod could do what Forgotten Hope Secret Weapons seems to have done for Bf1942 and bring some new life (and new people) into Vietnam. Maybe it'll even do better. At the very least, it has full singleplayer support, so people can enjoy it by themselves. IceSkater mentioned in our DMs that he'd like to host my mod on HelloClan's secondary server for a promotional event, assuming everything works properly. After that, I'm not sure where things will go as far as a multiplayer server is concerned.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
seems cool by first look, reminds me of TKO Battlegroup mod addon

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Do you mean Battlegroup Vietnam? Operation Remembrance actually uses quite a few elements from BGV: the M24 Chaffee, the M42 Duster, the M113 ACAV, and the "Valley Assault" map. It also has the M67 flame tank, but I made that myself. I didn't copy the BGV one.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Do you mean Battlegroup Vietnam? Operation Remembrance actually uses quite a few elements from BGV: the M24 Chaffee, the M42 Duster, the M113 ACAV, and the "Valley Assault" map. It also has the M67 flame tank, but I made that myself. I didn't copy the BGV one.
yes Sir, I am a server managing admin there, LtShaun is the clan's CEO

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Really? Could either of you get me in touch with whoever is in charge of the BGV development/community? I've incorporated several mods into mine, since for a long time I didn't plan to publicly release it, so I wasn't worried about sharing rights. Some of those mods, like Point of Existence, have invalid or missing contact information, so now that I'm releasing Operation Remembrance, my attitude towards using other mods in it is "If I can get in contact with the makers to get permission, great, if not, I'm going to use the material anyway and still give them full credit." I sent a Discord message to the guy who seems to be in charge of the Battlegroup42 forums, Sarge31FR, over two months ago, asking if he was the right person to talk to about Battlegroup Vietnam, and I haven't gotten a response. At this point, it's kind of too late to pull the BGV elements from my mod, but if I can get in contact with someone from the development team/community properly before Operation Remembrance's release, that would be highly preferable to just using their stuff with credit but not letting them know ahead of time.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Really? Could either of you get me in touch with whoever is in charge of the BGV development/community? I've incorporated several mods into mine, since for a long time I didn't plan to publicly release it, so I wasn't worried about sharing rights. Some of those mods, like Point of Existence, have invalid or missing contact information, so now that I'm releasing Operation Remembrance, my attitude towards using other mods in it is "If I can get in contact with the makers to get permission, great, if not, I'm going to use the material anyway and still give them full credit." I sent a Discord message to the guy who seems to be in charge of the Battlegroup42 forums, Sarge31FR, over two months ago, asking if he was the right person to talk to about Battlegroup Vietnam, and I haven't gotten a response. At this point, it's kind of too late to pull the BGV elements from my mod, but if I can get in contact with someone from the development team/community properly before Operation Remembrance's release, that would be highly preferable to just using their stuff with credit but not letting them know ahead of time.
yeah, I think LtShaun is a quite good expert of mods and addons

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll drop you a DM regarding this I might have an email address somewhere.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
comin soon cool on Oct 1

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Don't you worry Denal,

We're here when you are ready! I hope you are able to recover as best you can, which is all that you can do and we are all supporting you and your wife with our thoughts and well wishes!

Sgt. ChunkyMonke

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Nicholas
Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum, but IceSkater has kindly given me permission to make a post introducing a mod I've been working on for Battlefield Vietnam called Operation Remembrance. It's been in the works for quite a long time, and I'm finally getting ready to release it. It's a realism/expansion mod that between its base version and several planned patches will add dozens of small arms, vehicles, maps, and several new factions, including the ANZACs! It also adds various new kits and classes to play as, including Medic, Non-Commissioned Officer, Tanker, and others, and I've made a lot of improvements to the AI performance so the bots aren't quite so stupid and are actually somewhat worth playing against.

This is the link to my ModDB page:

And this is my personal YouTube account, where you can watch the trailer for Operation Rembrance and some other videos showcasing some of the mod's features.
?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Denal
Back