• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Perhaps a Rule

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
12:18 PM
Reaction score
I didn't see any rules about this issue. Was just playing where red had all flags. All blue players dead except one. He's running around killing, making no effort to cap a flag so we can spawn. I was the 2nd player to exit the game.

Perhaps a rule "If a team has all flags and the remaining players on the opposing team, 1 or 2 players remaining, are making no attempt to capture a flag so teammates may spawn, admins may terminate said players after a warning to take action to capture a flag."

Give me some reason to sit and wait. Thanks.

Local time
7:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hey there,

It is actually a rule already:

What is disruptive gameplay;

Putting your team at a distinct disadvantage by taking vehicles, but not using them to fight.

Taking a tunnel and refusing to place it.

Excessive Team-switching.

Hiding at the end of a map and making no effort to capture a flag.

Giving away player positions. (The only exception is for the situation directly above.)

Taking a vehicle as one team, and deliberately giving it to the other.

Destroying a tunnel/spawnbox belonging to your team.

Hacking would also be classed as disruptive game-play.

It's not listed on the full rules page but it's described in detail in the above courses of action topic.

If this is the case, admins may kill the player to move on to the next map if the person is very clearly making no effort.

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, the player in question wasn't hiding, he was running around killing other players. If the rule could be clarified to say something about the player making no effort to secure a flag, not just hiding. That would encompass what happened today.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hm..difficult question. When he is fighting there is a good chance that he will be killed soon by the other team.

Hiding is a clear thing...but fighting...

I don't know if an admin action is required in that situation...

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hm..difficult question. When he is fighting there is a good chance that he will be killed soon by the other team.

Hiding is a clear thing...but fighting...

I don't know if an admin action is required in that situation...

When I left the game, he was upstairs in a building shooting opposing players who were searching for him. This wasn't a case where he found an obscure spot to hide and just sit out the timer. I kept posting, we can't spawn. Get a flag. We were destined to be defeated anyway. It's just aggravating that when the last player for the team is spending time racking up kills rather than trying to capture a flag.

The goal is to win the game. You must capture flags to do so. Some players have no interest in capturing flags. We can't change that but if the goal is to win the match, and you must capture flags to do so, and the remaining player is not working to accomplish that goal, he should be given an admin warning and if he does not take action, terminate him. When I have been the last player, if I see no chance of capping a flag, suicide.

I was at least the 2nd player to leave the server when the last guy was only working to get kills racked up.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well, I understand it and I am open to a rule appendix that if no flags are left and the last living player makes no effort to take a flag back, that it is also handled as disruptive gameplay.

Or the rule can just be changed to:
making no effort to capture a flag if the team has no flags left

Just to make our actions clear and we can reference on a clear defined rule.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Good evening,

I will incorporate a slight re-wording of it when I combine the courses of action & rules page into one over the weekend (sooner if I have time), thus making it an all in one. I'll take care to make sure it's easily understandable and not over bearing to the eyes. :)

Seeing as this is a relatively tiny change and is basically common sense, I won't hold an entire discussion about it. I'll just amend it and mention it to the admins if they haven't already been keeping track of this topic. :)

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Good evening,

I will incorporate a slight re-wording of it when I combine the courses of action & rules page into one over the weekend (sooner if I have time), thus making it an all in one. I'll take care to make sure it's easily understandable and not over bearing to the eyes. :)

Seeing as this is a relatively tiny change and is basically common sense, I won't hold an entire discussion about it. I'll just amend it and mention it to the admins if they haven't already been keeping track of this topic. :)

Regards,
Ice
Thank you.

Obviously, it requires an admin being in the game to whack the violator.

Back