• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Possible Addition of Server(s)?

Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hey everyone,

I've been contemplating it a little bit for a while and a message from Agathyus has prompted me to finally put it down for all of you to see.

Some of you have had the honor of playing then popular maps such as Hamburger Hill or Al Alamein (even though we kinda played imitations of them with the past events), but what if we had a server dedicated to such custom maps?

It will, at least in my mind, feature an "arsenal" of maps, nearly all of them custom or heavily modified. I have a rough list in mind, but I just need to figure it out a bit...

I will need to get around the logistics of it, in terms of having one nice simple download for all the maps the server will host. Because, for all intents & purposes, these maps are other peoples property so I need to ensure I don't tread on any toes.

How does the concept sound? This is for those that do wish to try something different, I'll add maps that are both CoOP(bots) & Conquest (normal player vs. player).

Agathyus did also bring up a request for Custom Combat mode, but it's not particularly interesting if I'm honest. Some might like it but...it's normal to me still. I'd prefer a totally different direction. And yes, I do hate mods still, especially when it comes to events, but for a specific dedicated server meant to for this, I can put my hatred to good use. :D

I'll look more into it after this weekend's event and commit to it, see how much it get's used.

We'll keep an event server, for separate occasions. The one I speak of, will be specifically for this purpose alone, and only those maps with it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,
Ice

Ps. Yes there are other servers that offer such things, but I have finally thought of one being under our name. Whether it's populated or not, it's just something to try. Some of you wanted this and in the past I've basically said nope. Because I now feel comfortable with our placements, I am now likewise comfortable with doing such a thing.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Ice,

I'm not a fan of mods, too, but that is just personal taste ;)

Whenever adding another server is in discussion, I always have in mind that we are a quite small community and maybe split up the community more then.

E.g. playing on our server with 20-30 makes a lot more fun than playing 15 on 2 servers in my opinion.

That is the only "risk" I would see adding this server.

I have no other problems with it, at least if the main server keep as it is ;)

Last edited:

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
Hello has historically been all original maps. Adding another server is sure to split the few players that we have. If you are going to start another server it should not be named HelloClan.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Actually HelloClan had several servers way back when, but this is way back when.

I have already done this though. :) There is no split that is significant enough to warrant concern.

Either way, I'd rather have the players that want to play different stuff, on our own (or partner servers) instead of "competition". :)

You're welcome to check it out Rice: https://forum.helloclan.eu/bfv/missionp

Regards,
Ice

Back