• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Jumpy Jitters

What are your thoughts?

• I'm ok with it.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I agree, it should be banned.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Bee

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
mhmm doesn't appear that anyone here has any idea what they are talking about. its not a program at all. all you gotta do to achieve it is spam the right keys really fast but hey what do i know

utGort

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
This is not a "hack" or a glitch. This is really old school keyboard programming. It has been around as long as the IBM PC 5150. It used to be done with ansi.sys. You can read up on that if you want to learn about it. Back when I was playing Unreal Tournament in 1999 (yes really) I used a steel series keyboard. That software allowed you to program anything you wanted into the keyboard.

utGort

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
utGort, no its not. And anyone else that thinks it's a glitch, you are mistaken. It's a simple trick easy to learn.
instead of being upset and asking yet another rule be installed, just ask how it's done. It is Not a glitch
No key binding is necessary
There is no program
I started my reply with "it is NOT a hack or a glitch".
I went on to explain that it had been used many times. When it is included as part of the Operating system then it would be tough to prevent someone from using it. I did not say that a program was necessary to do it. But programs were made and are still made to make it easier to do. Anyone can look up how to do it from the keyboard. Then enter those sequences into a text file. I am not going to tell anyone how to do it. But I am going to state that the only way to enforce such a rule is to have an admin personally watch someone do it. Then they would need to be able to convince themselves that it was done programmatically and not by a nervous twitch. So you can outlaw the use of a program you can not outlaw how a persons body works.
So in conclusion quit worrying about it. There are programs that can and do help people set it up. It is not run while a game is being played so is not detectable by any anti-cheat software known.

Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
I started my reply with "it is NOT a hack or a glitch".
I went on to explain that it had been used many times. When it is included as part of the Operating system then it would be tough to prevent someone from using it. I did not say that a program was necessary to do it. But programs were made and are still made to make it easier to do. Anyone can look up how to do it from the keyboard. Then enter those sequences into a text file. I am not going to tell anyone how to do it. But I am going to state that the only way to enforce such a rule is to have an admin personally watch someone do it. Then they would need to be able to convince themselves that it was done programmatically and not by a nervous twitch. So you can outlaw the use of a program you can not outlaw how a persons body works.
So in conclusion quit worrying about it. There are programs that can and do help people set it up. It is not run while a game is being played so is not detectable by any anti-cheat software known.
My bad dude, i should have clarified. i was stating that it is not even "old school keyboard programming". but i combined my response to you, along with my response to anyone else that thinks it is a glitch...

It is not keyboard programming, key binding, its not a glitch. its a part of the game and easy to learn.

Lol, i also did not realize the original date of this post until after responding.
Anyways, good day all!

Sgt. Slaughter

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Certain players have programmed a key on their keyboard to cause their player to stand-squat-stand-squat so fast they look like a sewing machine needle going up and down at top speed.

I believe doing so should be considered a "glitch" or method of gaining an unfair advantage. It involves programming keys to alter the behavior of the player, in game. If one could make an adjustment to cause their MI-8 to fly faster or spin faster, would that be considered fair and part of the game? I don't believe so. It's not a part of the game, it involves programming locally to the advantage of the player and disadvantage of other players.

I believe the rules should be amended to include this as a "glitch" and that it's use be banned.

This is just my opinion. For what it's worth.

If the rules are not changed, then a complete description of how each of us can program a key to do this should be provided. Thank you.
This is called a "macro". Using a programmable keyboard, a single key can execute any number of commands. Often used in a combat helicopter, with only one player present in the cockpit, the pilot can; "exit vehicle+fire weapon (SA-7) +enter vehicle" with a single keystroke. Changing seats, from the pilots seat, to the weapons officer seat (to fire heat seeker), then switching back to pilot, is accomplished the same way.

seqnzer

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Adam
Steam
 Adomic
This is called a "macro". Using a programmable keyboard, a single key can execute any number of commands. Often used in a combat helicopter, with only one player present in the cockpit, the pilot can; "exit vehicle+fire weapon (SA-7) +enter vehicle" with a single keystroke. Changing seats, from the pilots seat, to the weapons officer seat (to fire heat seeker), then switching back to pilot, is accomplished the same way.
If I had a keyboard that I could program to play the game for me, would that be considered cheating? I would think so.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
I have a programable keyboard and the only thing I did with it was make the keyboard look like a bed of hot coals :p

Back