• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Jumpy Jitters

What are your thoughts?

• I'm ok with it.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I agree, it should be banned.

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
Certain players have programmed a key on their keyboard to cause their player to stand-squat-stand-squat so fast they look like a sewing machine needle going up and down at top speed.

I believe doing so should be considered a "glitch" or method of gaining an unfair advantage. It involves programming keys to alter the behavior of the player, in game. If one could make an adjustment to cause their MI-8 to fly faster or spin faster, would that be considered fair and part of the game? I don't believe so. It's not a part of the game, it involves programming locally to the advantage of the player and disadvantage of other players.

I believe the rules should be amended to include this as a "glitch" and that it's use be banned.

This is just my opinion. For what it's worth.

If the rules are not changed, then a complete description of how each of us can program a key to do this should be provided. Thank you.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:01 PM
Reaction score
Well I agree that programming keys should be considered as glitch. It is not fair and in my opinion part of cheating.

But think about how to proove this? A rule that cannot be checked is not a rule that has an effect.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
If I'm honest...

I think there's only like 3 people that actually use this. Is it a glitch? I think so but is it really giving them an advantage?

Just blow them up with an M79 / Law / Time-Bomb and bobs your uncle. :)

I'm not disagreeing but to make a rule just to stop them is somewhat excessive...even though it's been done with the team-switching rule. They are just jumping around, if I can still hit them with my +/- 300 ping with a sniper kit, I think it's fair to say it's not giving that great an advantage.

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
If I'm honest...

I think there's only like 3 people that actually use this. Is it a glitch? I think so but is it really giving them an advantage?

Just blow them up with an M79 / Law / Time-Bomb and bobs your uncle. :)

I'm not disagreeing but to make a rule just to stop them is somewhat excessive...even though it's been done with the team-switching rule. They are just jumping around, if I can still hit them with my +/- 300 ping with a sniper kit, I think it's fair to say it's not giving that great an advantage.

Regards,
Ice

I followed one of the glitchers up a ramp, shooting at him in the back, full-auto. I don't know that a single shot hit him. I also struggle to understand how they shoot anybody while doing this dance.

If it's ok, would you kindly post instructions so all of us can program a key? Thanks.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well I agree that programming keys should be considered as glitch. It is not fair and in my opinion part of cheating.

But think about how to proove this? A rule that cannot be checked is not a rule that has an effect.

It's easy to prove, you record the screen. And we all know who is doing it.

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I have an old Logitech gaming keyboard. I tried to program this glitch last December. Even downloaded and installed Logitech's software but I just couldn't figure it out. I also tried to program text messages such as "Defend our main, Nagi & Skittles are playing" but the program was not working properly and the text was missing characters. I gave up and uninstalled the useless software.

Local time
Reaction score
I understand the problem, but please explain to me: you cannot give the player a headshot. But you can still shoot them, can't you? Just shoot in the body or am I wrong?

I've never seen it, but any programming should be cheating in my defintion. But as HTN said: I don't know how to differ between fast tapping on the key or using this glitch... so how to prove that? That's hard I guess.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
It is quite noticeable when someone uses it. :)

It looks like they're floating basically over the ground as they move along. Honestly it's quite funny. This is why I say just blow them up, it's not a completely unfair advantage, like for example shooting from inside a building that other players can't see into.

Gotta love the games issues...

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I understand the problem, but please explain to me: you cannot give the player a headshot. But you can still shoot them, can't you? Just shoot in the body or am I wrong?

I've never seen it, but any programming should be cheating in my defintion. But as HTN said: I don't know how to differ between fast tapping on the key or using this glitch... so how to prove that? That's hard I guess.

It is very easy to see in the game. There is no way they are tapping on keys to accomplish this. It would be impossible to do so quickly. I'll record the screen the next time I see one of the glitchers going up and down at the speed of light.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It is quite noticeable when someone uses it. :)

It looks like they're floating basically over the ground as they move along. Honestly it's quite funny. This is why I say just blow them up, it's not a completely unfair advantage, like for example shooting from inside a building that other players can't see into.

Gotta love the games issues...

It does give them an unfair advantage because they are nearly impossible to shoot in the head. They know it, that's why they use it. They aren't doing this for the fun of it. It gives them an advantage.

Yes, I can kill them with an RPG or LAW or the M79 but is that what the good players want to see us using?

The key here Ice is that if the use of this function is ok on the server, then all players should all have access to it. I would like the instructions on how to implement this on my keyboard. Thank you in advance.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I have an old Logitech gaming keyboard. I tried to program this glitch last December. Even downloaded and installed Logitech's software but I just couldn't figure it out. I also tried to program text messages such as "Defend our main, Nagi & Skittles are playing" but the program was not working properly and the text was missing characters. I gave up and uninstalled the useless software.

Do you think this is a Logitech thing? In the options menu, you select which key to squat. It appears to me they have created a program that when they press one key, they can run, stand and squat. They don't run any faster than anybody else but they are able to squat, stand at incredible speed. You can't shoot them in the head.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
It does give them an unfair advantage because they are nearly impossible to shoot in the head. They know it, that's why they use it. They aren't doing this for the fun of it. It gives them an advantage.

Yes, I can kill them with an RPG or LAW or the M79 but is that what the good players want to see us using?

The key here Ice is that if the use of this function is ok on the server, then all players should all have access to it. I would like the instructions on how to implement this on my keyboard. Thank you in advance.
I personally don't know how to do it.

However, let me get back to you on this. :)

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Do you think this is a Logitech thing? In the options menu, you select which key to squat. It appears to me they have created a program that when they press one key, they can run, stand and squat. They don't run any faster than anybody else but they are able to squat, stand at incredible speed. You can't shoot them in the head.
Yes, I've seen them doing this. They look super funny. I can't shoot them because I laugh so hard when they do this comedy. You can program two actions to run repeatedly with one key. Gaming keyboards have extra buttons for this purpose called Macros. You don't need Logitech. I think there are 3rd party tools that can achieve this but I don't want to risk installing them because of virus and malware.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen them doing this. They look super funny. I can't shoot them because I laugh so hard when they do this comedy. You can program two actions to run repeatedly with one key. Gaming keyboards have extra buttons for this purpose called Macros. You don't need Logitech. I think there are 3rd party tools that can achieve this but I don't want to risk installing them because of virus and malware.

I want that macro! Hoping it will help improve my game and I need lots of help! lol

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t even know this was possible, sometimes I hit the ctrl key with my pinky finger repeatedly while running across the road while bullets are flying. It allows me to keep my head low without reducing my walking/running speed. In my opinion I think that is as far as it should go. Programming a keyboard to do this is wrong in my opinion. I am curious to see it though before I make up my mind.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I didn’t even know this was possible, sometimes I hit the ctrl key with my pinky finger repeatedly while running across the road while bullets are flying. It allows me to keep my head low without reducing my walking/running speed. In my opinion I think that is as far as it should go. Programming a keyboard to do this is wrong in my opinion. I am curious to see it though before I make up my mind.

I assume you have seen these jittery jumpers playing in game? There's only like 3 of them. I remember watching RUSS lay on his belly and spin in a circle so fast you would think he was laying on high speed record player. No idea how.

I found a program that lets you set them up. I'm like AlGore, concerned about hackers. https://www.itoady.com/

Macrogamer is one.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpUq3JOxZDs

Back