• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[Poll] Further changing main rape rule (Require all flags to be owned instead of neutral flags)

Do we effect these changes? Forcing a team to own all flags before attacking a main?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I'm too used to the rules as they are.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I already voted. This vote also means no ground attack as I read it? It is unfortunate that it has come to this but taking main kills air maps. Some will say well this is war and that is the end of it for them. To be more accurate this is a war game. Games are ment to be entertaining and fun not always about how much hell you can let loose on your opponet. We have map vote or if an admin is online the players may request that the map be changed if the online players wish a different map. Taking main especially on air maps makes players leave the server and ruins the map even further this apparently does not bother some players but has become enough of a problem that a gentlemans agreement does not work for them and one player said if you don't like it change the rules so here we are.
This vote is just for air attack.

We are only voting on the air attack and only air attack parameters. ;)

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:59 AM
Reaction score
May I point out, as far as I know, I cast the deciding vote?! lol

I appreciate that Ice is trying different things to tweak the game to IMPROVE the game. We should all appreciate it. I like that players discuss the options and point things out. We all must work together. In harmony. And, fortunately, it looks like there is more harmony now that many of us are on Discord.

I will embrace all change with positive response and if things don't work, will provide constructive comment. That is my pledge.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
As things stand,

With the votes on Discord and the votes here added together we get:

14 For the change.

12 Against the change.

Still not exactly a large gap between the two. We'll see if there are any further changes to the votes by tomorrow night and we'll decide from there.

Regards,
Ice

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:59 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
1 guy didn't know the rule and we vote to change it to what he likes.....Doen't sit well with me sorry guys.

Local time
2:59 AM
Reaction score
Siderant:

This isn't entirely to do with topic but it felt right posting it here, since it was mentioned indirectly in some of the responses

It's a game, it's not meant to be fair or even. It's a war game. It was intended that players fight for the right to win the game, it was never intended to be a casual meetup and laugh things off type of game.

Mains are supposed to be defended, you are supposed to use every tool at your disposal in-game to defend your flags. If you don't, the enemy will take advantage. Does it suck? Yes. Is it poor sportsmanship? Yes. Is it a crime? No.

If we wanted to create the ultimate "fair" game server, we'd have the following additions to the rules:

• No taking of main flags. Period.
  • Friendly fire on 100%. Therefore no noobtuber comment, no "no skill" comments.
  • No map voting, so every player can play the map they want (which some end up waiting just to play that map and then leave promptly.
  • Finally, immediate and irrevocable ban for anyone that seems to have "hack" like abilities.

That would solve all our problems. :) It would also put us six feet under, where the rest of the large Battlefield Vietnam servers lay. Battlefield games are supposed to be challenging, not easy and certainly not fair.

It all comes down to how people play the game. Are they playing to win? Are they playing to just be disruptive? Or are they just playing for the fun of it and enjoying the ride irrespective of the shortfalls?

Siderant over,

In case it is not entirely clear, I'm against this current amendment to the main raping rules. I personally feel that it is not a predominant problem. Just like with the "problem" of swearing - it was not a predominant problem - but we had a vote and the community said it was. I did in a way agree somewhat with that change though, because we did indeed have younger players online.

So with this, if the community says it's a problem, then it is. That being said again though, I don't want to see a tie in the votes for this change, I don't want to see a lead by one vote.

I want to see proper conviction to the change. A proper and decisive vote, either against or for the change. So if that does not happen by the time I prescribed (Friday 9th April), then we will have another vote on it within a month or so.

I will drag my heels slightly with this, mainly because our OG players know and understand this rule very well, even if some of them choose to ignore the rule - hence they get kicked immediately (providing the Admin is not being lenient ;) ). They will need to readjust.

I await the weekend to see what the votes look like. I will count whatever votes are shown on the Discord topic towards these votes.

Regards,
Ice
Well Shawn if you didn't wear stiletto heels you might not DRAG them Although you do have the legs for high heels :)

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I am pretty sure I am going to start a poll to ban m79s and seat swapping in cobras if this one is a winner :D

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Well Shawn if you didn't wear stiletto heels you might not DRAG them Although you do have the legs for high heels :)
I feel like this is both a compliment and a burn all rolled into one.

Thank you and also I'll see you ingame to exact my revenge. ?

I am pretty sure I am going to start a poll to ban m79s and seat swapping in cobras if this one is a winner :D
I don't think that will be necessary. Judging by what I'm seeing so far, if it's too close again I may not implement it.

I'll check the results in total later when I get home. I need to work on my runway strut. ?

Regards,
Ice

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

With the deadline here,​

The votes on Discord at the time of posting this response is as seen in the screenshot below:
1617985572269.png

Bearing in mind that the initial reactions are from me (unavoidable, needed to add the reactions). So that means that the votes are 5 / 5.

Added to the votes this current topic has, it brings the totals to:

15 for the change

14 against the change

As I mentioned earlier, I want to see a decisive result. This is not a decisive result.

Therefore this change will not be implemented. We may poll again for the change a little further down the line and see if the views have changed.

Thank you to those that have voted and I am sorry if this outcome is not what a few wanted. These votes have shown that the community is not entirely decided and I cannot ignore the fact that a near equal amount of people have voted against this change.

It's either a clear yes or a clear no, most importantly when it comes to amending a rule that has been around since the early days.

Regards,
Ice

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The minority won. I don't think it's worth making any changes at all. It doesn't make sense. Well, that half of the players and even more want changes, there are other players that do not want them, so they will not be, everyone is free

I am out from here - nothing change here , just like before and now - nothing will be changed. I will play sometimes on server - but not as usual.
This server is the most frequent BFV server. So the decisions made here couldn't be that wrong.

And this rule is not a side-rule. It is a major rule.

I think it is good to compare with the constitation laws in many countries, where changes must have 2/3 majority to apply.

It is up to you to play on this server or use another or your KGC one.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
The minority won. I don't think it's worth making any changes at all. It doesn't make sense. Well, that half of the players and even more want changes, there are other players that do not want them, so they will not be, everyone is free

I am out from here - nothing change here , just like before and now - nothing will be changed. I will play sometimes on server - but not as usual.
I am sorry to hear this,

Nevertheless, thank you for the help that you provided. We'll be seeing you around.

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This stuff sounds all good and well when teams are even.

I was just on, back from holiday. Siege of Khe - we had two players AFK. Red takes choppers, Rick in Cobra. Some other red in the gunship and here comes the MI8 - circle and rape. Yeah, last flag. It was impossible to do anything. It was time for lunch. So guys leave, as did I.

Local time
8:59 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
This stuff sounds all good and well when teams are even.

I was just on, back from holiday. Siege of Khe - we had two players AFK. Red takes choppers, Rick in Cobra. Some other red in the gunship and here comes the MI8 - circle and rape. Yeah, last flag. It was impossible to do anything. It was time for lunch. So guys leave, as did I.
Welcome back buddy. Hey look! I'm a civilian again :)

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Welcome back buddy. Hey look! I'm a civilian again :)

Thank you my friend! It is good to be home, even though I just spent four weeks on the beaches of Anna Maria Island. Home of the thong bikini.

Captain Mack

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:59 PM
Reaction score
If players on one side cannot make efforts in taking flags, then they are camping, do you reward such behavior with this new rule? Normally there is a big rush to take flags when the game starts up, and to take/attack the main flag while all the other flags remain grey means players are alseep / not playing when the game begins especially on maps like Ho Chi Min Trail, Hue etc and other maps without aircraft as you have to walk or drive to the opposing teams main, which takes time.
The only occasion when I see this situation occurring is when there are less than 4 or 5 players, and its not a big issue.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
We have had a main rape rule for years and its been enforced by admins for years.
It won't be going away or changing anytime soon so learn it or risk being kicked.

Local time
Reaction score

I don't think that will be necessary. Judging by what I'm seeing so far, if it's too close again I may not implement it.

I'll check the results in total later when I get home. I need to work on my runway strut. ?

Regards,
Ice
Any time to snipe you Shawn will be a good time :) I just have to stop showing you my good spots lol

Local time
Reaction score

Regards,
Ice
Strut and swagger baby strut and swagger!

Back