• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[Poll] Classify ramming at main flags as main rape

Do you agree with classifying ramming as main rape?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:44 PM
Reaction score
If the chopper is taking off and he's not at the ground anymore in my opinion its not main rape cause technically he's flying and not landed.

That is a classical gray-zone. If the chopper is taking off high above the ground it is clear. But 1cm...technically yes, but it is rape in my opinion, if the chopper has no chance to leave.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I think the rule needs a little more rewording" "White flag does not count as the raping team's flag".

I have noticed many times over the years that this rule has been interpreted by new rapers as "the white flag means the team who's main is being raped does not have another flag anymore, because it doesn't count". They have to be corrected that the White flag means they cannot rape the other team's main. I agree with LtShaun, the rule's wording is confusing indeed.
White doesn't count so if red team has 3+main, blue team has just main and there is 1 white flag then red can rape legally.

EDIT: HTN has already explained it and this post isnt necessary. Was replying to Als comment on the previous page and didn't see this page :)

Last edited:
Reactions: htn

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:44 PM
Reaction score
Hitting the heli or plane against the base should be prohibited.
just like intentionally crashing the plane against others.
it seems that now is the fashion. This did not happen before.
that you crash the heli that does not have bazookas or when you run out of ammo is fine with me
What about the main monkfish flags ... seems unfair to me ..
A team that has 3 flags and the main and the other the main and a white flag .. I think it is unfair that it can be attacked .. it is already difficult for the enemy to have the advantage of not having to have all the Flags of the same color. It should be the opposite of the advantage being had by the team with fewer options. And especially when there are players that the first thing they do is go directly to the enemy main without taking any flag to remove the main.
I do not understand that instead of first taking the flags and then trying to take the enemy main ... first they attack the main and I repeat this they do it as soon as they start ... THAT SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN
There was a game that had in the mains there was like an invisible wall that protected the mains and no plane or heli could approach. That would be fine.
The thing about the heli .. if it is 1 millimeter or 100 meters from the ground. It has an easy solution .. and that is a question of the one who shoots .. it is enough not to shoot in the area of the main one.
THE FUN OF THE GROUP SHOULD TAKE PRIORITY THAN CHEATS OF "X" PLAYERS

NOTA:
WHEN THE VOTES ARE ACCOUNTED THAT SOMEONE WHO KNOWS TO ADD, EVEN WITH THE FINGERS, DOES IT ???

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Hitting the heli or plane against the base should be prohibited.
just like intentionally crashing the plane against others.
it seems that now is the fashion. This did not happen before.
that you crash the heli that does not have bazookas or when you run out of ammo is fine with me
What about the main monkfish flags ... seems unfair to me ..
A team that has 3 flags and the main and the other the main and a white flag .. I think it is unfair that it can be attacked .. it is already difficult for the enemy to have the advantage of not having to have all the Flags of the same color. It should be the opposite of the advantage being had by the team with fewer options. And especially when there are players that the first thing they do is go directly to the enemy main without taking any flag to remove the main.
I do not understand that instead of first taking the flags and then trying to take the enemy main ... first they attack the main and I repeat this they do it as soon as they start ... THAT SHOULD BE FORBIDDEN
There was a game that had in the mains there was like an invisible wall that protected the mains and no plane or heli could approach. That would be fine.
The thing about the heli .. if it is 1 millimeter or 100 meters from the ground. It has an easy solution .. and that is a question of the one who shoots .. it is enough not to shoot in the area of the main one.
THE FUN OF THE GROUP SHOULD TAKE PRIORITY THAN CHEATS OF "X" PLAYERS

NOTA:
WHEN THE VOTES ARE ACCOUNTED THAT SOMEONE WHO KNOWS TO ADD, EVEN WITH THE FINGERS, DOES IT ???
I agree with Silvia. The rule should be the opposite. A team should have all colored flags in order to finally air-rape the enemy main.

@hard_rice raised the issue of players leaving the server when mains get captured especially with fewer players. The same thing happens when mains get air-raped. Then why is this rule still in place? This rule also needs to be amended to prevent players from leaving. I request that the rule be amended that if there are any white flags on the map, no main should be air-raped. A team should have all remaining flags in their team color in order to finally air-rape the enemy main.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I agree with Silvia. The rule should be the opposite. A team should have all colored flags in order to finally air-rape the enemy main.

@hard_rice raised the issue of players leaving the server when mains get captured especially with fewer players. The same thing happens when mains get air-raped. Then why is this rule still in place? This rule also needs to be amended to prevent players from leaving. I request that the rule be amended that if there are any white flags on the map, no main should be air-raped. A team should have all remaining flags in their team color in order to finally air-rape the enemy main.

Because this rule has been in effect for a very long time...

Here is what we will be doing,

We will go with the results of this thread in regard to the ramming. The rule will be amended and classify ramming as main raping.

In regard to the neutral flags situation, I can agree that maybe it causes confusion sometimes. However, as was previously discussed, this is a war game - it's not meant to be perpetually fair, this is why we don't have a rule against taking main flags (early on in game) for example.

The rules are only here to make sure the environment stays peaceful and that the rules are not over intrusive.

Being the person that I am and willing to try, we will add the amendment to the main raping rules that requires a team to own all the flags before attacking main with aircraft. In the topic I will post, I will also add a poll there to ask how this change is received.

Please bear in mind, that we are all used to the neutral flag situation now. It will be a significant change to our regular players because of how long it's been in place. Therefore Admins will need to revert to old fashioned Admin kill and warn first while we decide the final outcome of this change.

I'll post the topic at my earliest convivence (likely tomorrow night).

Regards,
Ice

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Because this rule has been in effect for a very long time...

Here is what we will be doing,

We will go with the results of this thread in regard to the ramming. The rule will be amended and classify ramming as main raping.

In regard to the neutral flags situation, I can agree that maybe it causes confusion sometimes. However, as was previously discussed, this is a war game - it's not meant to be perpetually fair, this is why we don't have a rule against taking main flags (early on in game) for example.

The rules are only here to make sure the environment stays peaceful and that the rules are not over intrusive.

Being the person that I am and willing to try, we will add the amendment to the main raping rules that requires a team to own all the flags before attacking main with aircraft. In the topic I will post, I will also add a poll there to ask how this change is received.

Please bear in mind, that we are all used to the neutral flag situation now. It will be a significant change to our regular players because of how long it's been in place. Therefore Admins will need to revert to old fashioned Admin kill and warn first while we decide the final outcome of this change.

I'll post the topic at my earliest convivence (likely tomorrow night).

Regards,
Ice
I see one problem in that rule.
If a heli or jet is raping and a few seconds before a flag gets neutralized, it would be forbidden.

But i think we can not expect players to register the neutralized flag immidiately.

So admins must be lenient with air main raping players, when the flag situation has changed and give them a few seconds to register the new flag situation (mostly attacked players write it in chat) and leave.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:44 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I am happy to add ramming to the existing main rape rule but dont want the rule changed other than that and will change my vote if necessary.
We have played with "Need to have 1 flag other than main" for years now and dont need a total rehash.

EDIT: I notice you have said that you are going to change the rule so my vote is changed as of now.

Last edited:

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I don't understand it. And it's not a language problem.
FOR MY OPINION .. I think it is a problem of respect ..
Yesterday I saw a curious thing and it was that being other days the same players "except" 1, this happens.
Yesterday curiously it was fun to play because the written rules were complied with and not the NOT written ones ALSO, as for example not attacking the main EVEN THOUGH WE HAD ALL.
I saw how the red team stayed very far from the main and we had all, I repeat all the flags, BUT WE LEFT THE ENEMY TEAM THAT COULD PLAY. and fight as equals.
Without doing a cheating dirty game that in the end ends up making people leave "I once went away"
And was there a problem, a misunderstanding?
NONE everyone respected everyone had fun
without having to do main rape, bump into main etc etc all the other traps.
It can be played normal. no cheating, no abuse, no dirty play.
YOU WERE TESTED IT YESTERDAY. YOU CAN PLAY WITHOUT THOSE CHEAT ACTIONS

silvia

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Agree

But it will not work , anyway somebody break rule or will attack main when you have other flags. Only when 2 main flags will provided something changes. Man who want attack main see main with 2 flags and understood that something now different than before and it good way to mark main as untouchable untill last flag.

But after only mains flags left then - ATTACK MAIN WITH ALL YOU HAVE!!!! )))

HELLO Pipiska ..
I understand that when you mean two flags .. they are two flags in the main. And I understand that it would be twice as long, right? first one and then another? I imagine it is like that?
If so, it's a good idea.
a warning that there is a problem in the main and give you some time to react.
In that sense, it seems like a good idea to me, but I would continue the other problem of without having all the flags directly attack the main. And at this point I then break down a problem that I think is fundamental.
I continue with your exhibition.
When you say that someone will break the rules and attack .. True I agree but that will happen even if there are rules and they are the admins .. the solution in my opinion would be to "differentiate"
_ who wants to play from who wants not to play
_who makes a mistake, who makes mistakes
_who plays by the rules of those who respect them
with that selection .. you have a point of reference.
I give you an example with the covid ..
there are 10 people and there is one who does not use the mask ... do you put yourself at risk at 9?
just because that person KNOWS the rules and doesn't want to follow them.
or she plays with them wearing the mascara but lowered.
I REPEAT IT IS AN EXAMPLE ..
It happens to me and I see what happens ... when you finish one game another begins. ok is charged ok. When I start to play I see that there are people flying, another one has killed one another to catch flags .... and you start to play and after a few seconds 5,10,15 more people appear who played before ..
what happen?
What if, for example, you and I play ... and it takes me 15 seconds to go out to play ... you already went to my main, you stole it and the map is over ...
BUT IF FOR EXAMPLE AS YOU SAY WE PUT TWO FLAGS, WE HAVE TO CAPTURE ALL ALL THE FLAGS ... THAT MISTAKE WOULD NOT BE SO SERIOUS BECAUSE THERE WOULD BE ANY OPTION ... I ALSO SAY THAT IF THAT IS FORBIDDEN FROM ATTACKING THE MAIN AS MANY ARE DOING MORE PLAYERS EXCEPTION OF 2 OR 3 ... WHICH BY THE WAY, PLAYING LIKE THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT THEY ARE GOOD ...

Killzone

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Steve
I don't see ramming at mains as rape I do think it's just another tactic players can use and if ramming is banned then maybe any attack on main should be considered rape unless last flag. I do think new players get confused as to what is rape or not rape. (Check out me and Goober) Keep up the great work Ice.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
10:44 AM
Reaction score
I agree 100%, All forms of Air attack on a main should wait until last flag. Attacking main on foot, by road, or boat is fine in my eyes.
This will preclude me from hauling a boat, by slick, to red main and dropping it on the head of some unsuspecting red player camping for a chopper. I vote NO.

Back