• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[Poll] Classify ramming at main flags as main rape

Do you agree with classifying ramming as main rape?

• Yes.

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No.

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Greetings BFV community,

It's been building up a little bit, and I have unfortunately received a few too many complaints about this.

Thus, I am to ask each and every one of you for your input here. The Admins, myself included, see Ramming at Mains as a circumvention of the Main Rape rule. As such, should we classify it as actually main raping?

To be clear, we aren't going looking at "forbidding" ramming entirely. Just at main bases when it's not last flag.

It adds a great deal of frustration to players that are trying to defend a main flag but end up getting rammed when they're trying to shoot down enemy aircraft either on foot or in another vehicle. It is not the greatest sportsmanship either - yes it is a war game and mains should be well defended - but ramming is not a classy act in this case at least.

I myself am guilty of ramming other players ( I particularly like to ram players out of the cockpit mostly ? ) but as a true sportsman I rarely go to the enemy teams main and rams their aircraft or vehicles to stop players from getting into them.

What are your thoughts on this subject? If there is not sufficient input from the community against it, it will be implemented at the end of the month.

Regards,
Ice

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
It of course should not include jumping out of a jet/heli, to reach the main on air. The jet/heli will fall down and maybe kill someone.

It is just to prevent using the jet/heli to direct ram defending players.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:33 PM
Reaction score
It of course should not include jumping out of a jet/heli, to reach the main on air. The jet/heli will fall down and maybe kill someone.

It is just to prevent using the jet/heli to direct ram defending players.

You can aim a jet at a ground target to ram and bail simultaneously so I would have to say that under this new rule it is open to interpretation under these conditions

rice

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
There will mostly be room for interpretation..but now ramming is allowed and I think it is mostly clear if a ram was intended or not.

Local time
4:33 PM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I think much better to create rule - Attack main last - after all flags captured, and mark main flag as double flag, because we will have situations like this infinitely
View attachment 747
@Pipiska Cheburator
Can the additional main flags automatically appear and disappear depending on player numbers? Is this possible to code this in? Can you find out?

Nitrofish

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I don't see ramming at mains as rape. I'm not a fan of it, however, I do think it's just another tactic players can use. I'm thinking mostly hastings and khe sahn. if a player is ramming, dont forget it takes time for the planes to spawn and then fly to the opposite main.

I'm good either way

ETA: I'm coming back to this post as I see VMAX has another topic about this and read through that discussion. I think the most important thing is that everyone has fun and doesn't leave the server with a bad experience. I've been rammed plenty of times and after awhile if my team cannot shoot down the rammer plane I'll either switch spawn spots of escape the area. It's frustrating but is a result of poor defense on the team I am playing on at the time. This leads to another discussions about players worrying more about their individual stats on the stat tracker then their teams victory at the end of the current map.

On the flip side I also ram at mains. Not very often because like Ice said it's poor sportsmanship but I will say there are times where it is a valid tactic.

In a perfect BFV game, neither team steals the opposite teams vehicles, nor do they capture each others mains. There is no ramming of any kind and there are no F4's with heat seekers!!

Last edited:

Nitrofish

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
What is mainrape itself? when enemy kills you on your main but the same time you have one or more flags, and how he do it i think is no matter, rules says it is forbiden airattack, and what is ram by jet or heli? it is from air or?
rhetorical question

I think I see where you are coming from and I do agree that so long as a team has 2 solid flags (not 1 solid plus a white) the opposite team has no business ramming in the opposite main OR bailing out at the last minute to throw their plane/heli into the main to kill. I'm not even a fan of air attack in the airspace above a main.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Unfortunatelly it is impossible
but i am ask myself - there are difference between large number of players and small to mainrape ? as we seen mainrape can be anytime and no matter how many players play
I asked you not because of main-rape. I asked you because there is another idea floating around for some maps like Khe Sahn where mains get taken very often, even when there are very few players playing on the server, and then some players just leave. Your SSM suggestion of double or even triple flags are a solution to this problem, however IMO it would be nice that the main automatically have the original single flag when many players are playing but have double or triple flags when only a few players are playing - in order to prevent mains from being taken and almost impossible for the displaced team to recapture their main again if the main is camped. Thanks!

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I asked you not because of main-rape. I asked you because there is another idea floating around for some maps like Khe Sahn where mains get taken very often, even when there are very few players playing on the server, and then some players just leave. Your SSM suggestion of double or even triple flags are a solution to this problem, however IMO it would be nice that the main automatically have the original single flag when many players are playing but have double or triple flags when only a few players are playing - in order to prevent mains from being taken and almost impossible for the displaced team to recapture their main again if the main is camped. Thanks!

We could just...make the flag capture time a little longer...

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I think I see where you are coming from and I do agree that so long as a team has 2 solid flags (not 1 solid plus a white) the opposite team has no business ramming in the opposite main OR bailing out at the last minute to throw their plane/heli into the main to kill. I'm not even a fan of air attack in the airspace above a main.
I need clarity on this, white flag issue. What is considered mainrape? If there is a white flag on the map is rape technically legal? If there is a white flag at the temple on hastings and US main is being raped by NVA who has all other flags is the US main technically last flag?

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I need clarity on this, white flag issue. What is considered mainrape? If there is a white flag on the map is rape technically legal? If there is a white flag at the temple on hastings and US main is being raped by NVA who has all other flags is the US main technically last flag?

As rules says "White flag does not count as a team flag".

It is quite simple. Air main rape is allowed, unless the team has minimum 1 other captured flag besides the main.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
We could just...make the flag capture time a little longer...

This could be an idea. On relevant maps put up to 30 seconds on top to capture the flag in my opinion.

But it also counts for re-capturing the main and makes it harder to get the main back. Keep that in mind.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
As rules says "White flag does not count as a team flag".

It is quite simple. Air main rape is allowed, unless the team has minimum 1 other captured flag besides the main.
Yes but if you reverse it, say from the side that's doing the raping this would mean that they are raping and ignoring the last flag rule because they have not captured all flags...

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No, this is not intended.

The rule says that the attacked team must have minimum 1 other flag and not the attacking team must have all other flags.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun

Take Hastings for example:

At the start, both teams only start with their main flags.

Both teams can attack each other's main because all the other flags are neutral, until either team captures another flag that is not their main flag.

In other words, either team must capture one other flag (other than their main) in order to stop the main raping by the opposite team.

Neutral flags do not count as owned flags.

I may have meddled that up a little bit...

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
I think the rule needs a little more rewording" "White flag does not count as the raping team's flag".

I have noticed many times over the years that this rule has been interpreted by new rapers as "the white flag means the team who's main is being raped does not have another flag anymore, because it doesn't count". They have to be corrected that the White flag means they cannot rape the other team's main. I agree with LtShaun, the rule's wording is confusing indeed.

htn

Forum Rookie
TECHNICIAN
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Al Gore, but it is the opposite. Ice explained it :D

The white flag mean they CAN rape the other main ;) (Unless there is no fully other captured flag of the attacked team).

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Take Hastings for example:

At the start, both teams only start with their main flags.

Both teams can attack each other's main because all the other flags are neutral, until either team captures another flag that is not their main flag.

In other words, either team must capture one other flag (other than their main) in order to stop the main raping by the opposite team.

Neutral flags do not count as owned flags.

I may have meddled that up a little bit...
Oh ok understood. All these years I thought it was the opposite ?
Al Gore, but it is the opposite. Ice explained it :D

The white flag mean they CAN rape the other main ;) (Unless there is no fully other captured flag of the attacked team).
Thank you ?

Back