• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BF1942] Eve Of Destruction Event

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
My game crashes while loading "Irving" and my download came from a link in this thread. I am going to go out on a limb and say we will find more people with the same issue in the next few days.

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
My game crashes while loading "Irving" and my download came from a link in this thread. I am going to go out on a limb and say we will find more people with the same issue in the next few days.
Well I checked the download links and all of them are the correct download links. The server must have version 2.51 since that is what my game is running on. Make sure your game is on version 2.51. You can check it in the “Custom Game” section in the in game menu. If it says 2.50 then that is your issue. There’s a slight chance it could be another problem though with BF1942. If you are on version 2.50 then you will need to download the hotfix.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Image1.jpg

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I guess the RTR and SW games are 1.6 so that is my issue?

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
From what I know, EoD doesn’t read any data from Secret Weapons of WW2 or Road to Rome so that’s not an issue. However, I did notice you are running Version 2.50 for EoD instead of Version 2.51, which is what I am running and the server. At the beginning of this thread I left a link to download the hotfix which will update your game from 2.50 to 2.51. After you update you should be able to join the server just fine.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
From what I know, EoD doesn’t read any data from Secret Weapons of WW2 or Road to Rome so that’s not an issue. However, I did notice you are running Version 2.50 for EoD instead of Version 2.51, which is what I am running and the server. At the beginning of this thread I left a link to download the hotfix which will update your game from 2.50 to 2.51. After you update you should be able to join the server just fine.
Thanks Lucca that fixed my problem. The file was there already and I had run it but maybe didn't have the correct directory. This info may help others who are having similar problem. :)

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No problem! Im glad we were able to fix the problem swiftly ?
Can’t wait to see you at the event this Saturday! If for some reason you can’t make it though don’t worry because we will have more events in the future at the end of each month.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Is the BF1942 server offline right now?

BaldSkull

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same issue..I think the problem lies in the installer. The game installs in "Porgram files x86" and the Eod and patch install into "Program Files". So just changing the drive letter, as I do because I have games on another drive than system, will not install it into the correct folder. But I figured it out so all good.

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Had the same issue..I think the problem lies in the installer. The game installs in "Porgram files x86" and the Eod and patch install into "Program Files". So just changing the drive letter, as I do because I have games on another drive than system, will not install it into the correct folder. But I figured it out so all good.
Ohhh that makes a lot of sense. I also have my game in “Program Files x86”. I believe it gets installed there automatically by Windows as x86 refers to applications that are 32bit, which includes BF1942 and BF Vietnam. Thanks for posting this in case someone else forgets to install the hotfix in the right directory.

Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Do you know what version of EoD you are running? I’m also on Windows 10 by the way and I don’t have any issues.
I originally loaded the EOD hotpatch successfully, but it wasn't showing up as 2.51, just 2.50. So I reloaded it again and bingo, it is working on the HC server. Thanks for all the help.

agathyus

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
9:02 PM
Reaction score
I missed the event, but yesterday I installed the game with my original CDs and united it with my pal's ZIP file to make sure to run it on Windows 10. Earlier only my friend's file worked on Win 10. Is the mod gonna stay, so worth download or not, I would play Hello server in '42

Back