• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

[BF1942] Eve Of Destruction Event

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
7:47 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

For our first Battlefield 1942 Event, we are going to be playing on the mod Eve Of Destruction. This mod is similar to Battlefield Vietnam and can be seen as the predecessor to it. While some things might not be as good as Battlefield Vietnam, the mod features a ton of content, maps, and visual effects. I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Event date: March 27th, 2021
Event time: 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2

Hosted on the -[HELLO]-Bf1942 | Allmaps server:

IP: 158.69.118.94
Port: 14567

Here is some more information about the mod:

Eve of Destruction is a free modification of the popular Battlefield 1942 game by DICE/EA, based on the Vietnam war.
No other military conflict is comparable to those dramatic years of the 20th century. Most rumors spread about the Indochina and Vietnam War are not honest, even though it was the best-documented war in history. No other military conflict was ever so controversial, pointing to an unloved fact: our enemy was not the only source of evil, the evil could be found within ourselves. The "Eve Of Destruction" mod is a tribute to the U.S., ARVN, and Vietcong/NVA soldiers who fought and died in Vietnam and also to the Vietnamese people.

Below are the downloads required to download Eve Of Destruction. The mod is split up into 3 parts with an additional hotfix.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Hotfix

How to install EoD

Run the Windows installers for each part. The installer should detect your game folder but if it does not you will need to point it to the correct folder listed below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods
Note: this is the original game installation directory, if you installed the game somewhere else, like on a different drive, just look for the BF1942 directory and find the Mods folder inside it.

Important for FULL installation:
you need to manually delete any older version of EoD before installation.
Install to your Battlefield 1942/Mods folder.

Important for Mac and Linux:
these exe-files are compressed RAR SFX-files. You may just rename them to RAR and uncompress it!

Maplist
Here is the current map list for the event with a small description of the maps we will be playing. This might change in the future.

Operation Irving: A map based off Battlefield Vietnam, includes many vehicles
Operation Flaming Dart: A map based off Battlefield Vietnam, similar to the map Operation Irving
Operation Hastings: Similar to Battlefield Vietnam, this map has the rare Mi-4’s which are the most difficult chopper to fly in EoD
Down at the rice paddies: Flags around rice paddies for tanks and infantry battles, where you can go sneaky through the fields
Khe Sanh: A map that has been reworked countless times and is similar to Battlefield Vietnam.
Stream: An infantry map following a stream with hills on a different level with bridges of rope to cross from one hill to another
Charlie don’t surf: Iconic map, jump on the helicopter to take 4 flags on an island
Mekong River: Both teams get helicopters, also Mi-4, for three flags on the Mekong River
Truong Son Chasm: Infantry and one tank map for 5 flags around two hills with a river in between, also a bridge with different paths around hills for flags
Khe Sanh: Reworked from Battlefield Vietnam many times, still a masterpiece of a map
Two Bridges: A map with four flags around two bridges on a river
Que Son Valley: Helicopters and tanks for flags around hills and rice paddies
Badmoonrising: The first night map, includes a transport helicopter
Hill937: A map with only one flag on top of a hill for a very intense fight
Closefire: A map with flags around a river for pure infantry fight
Brown Water Navy: The map name is an alternative name of the BFV Operation Game Warden. Its a helicopter map with boats and a Hovercraft with many flags on small islands

When you join the server, you will automatically switch game modes accordingly. If you encounter any issues, please let me know.

I will see you on the Battlefield!

Last edited:
Local time
6:47 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Totally thought this was the WWII mod for BFV that we were going to play this weekend. My bad. But I still think I owned it, but can't find it. I guess I'll check Ebay.

Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Totally thought this was the WWII mod for BFV that we were going to play this weekend. My bad. But I still think I owned it, but can't find it. I guess I'll check Ebay.
Or you could check out this thread: https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9338/ where you can get 1942. :) Come back to this thread for the mods used in the event. :)

Regards,
Ice

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Hello everyone!

For our first Battlefield 1942 Event, we are going to be playing on the mod Eve Of Destruction. This mod is similar to Battlefield Vietnam and can be seen as the predecessor to it. While some things might not be as good as Battlefield Vietnam, the mod features a ton of content, maps, and visual effects. I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Event date: March 27th, 2021
Event time: 12PM EST / 7pm GMT+2

Hosted on the -[HELLO]-Bf1942 | Allmaps server:

IP: 158.69.118.94
Port: 14567

Here is some more information about the mod:

Eve of Destruction is a free modification of the popular Battlefield 1942 game by DICE/EA, based on the Vietnam war.
No other military conflict is comparable to those dramatic years of the 20th century. Most rumors spread about the Indochina and Vietnam War are not honest, even though it was the best-documented war in history. No other military conflict was ever so controversial, pointing to an unloved fact: our enemy was not the only source of evil, the evil could be found within ourselves. The "Eve Of Destruction" mod is a tribute to the U.S., ARVN, and Vietcong/NVA soldiers who fought and died in Vietnam and also to the Vietnamese people.

Below are the downloads required to download Eve Of Destruction. The mod is split up into 3 parts with an additional hotfix.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Hotfix

How to install EoD

Run the Windows installers for each part. The installer should detect your game folder but if it does not you will need to point it to the correct folder listed below.
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Battlefield 1942\Mods
Note: this is the original game installation directory, if you installed the game somewhere else, like on a different drive, just look for the BF1942 directory and find the Mods folder inside it.

Important for FULL installation:
you need to manually delete any older version of EoD before installation.
Install to your Battlefield 1942/Mods folder.

Important for Mac and Linux:
these exe-files are compressed RAR SFX-files. You may just rename them to RAR and uncompress it!

Maplist
Here is the current map list for the event with a small description of the maps we will be playing. This might change in the future.

Operation Irving: A map based off Battlefield Vietnam, includes many vehicles
Operation Flaming Dart: A map based off Battlefield Vietnam, similar to the map Operation Irving
Operation Hastings: Similar to Battlefield Vietnam, this map has the rare Mi-4’s which are the most difficult chopper to fly in EoD
Down at the rice paddies: Flags around rice paddies for tanks and infantry battles, where you can go sneaky through the fields
Khe Sanh: A map that has been reworked countless times and is similar to Battlefield Vietnam.
Stream: An infantry map following a stream with hills on a different level with bridges of rope to cross from one hill to another
Charlie don’t surf: Iconic map, jump on the helicopter to take 4 flags on an island
Mekong River: Both teams get helicopters, also Mi-4, for three flags on the Mekong River
Truong Son Chasm: Infantry and one tank map for 5 flags around two hills with a river in between, also a bridge with different paths around hills for flags
Khe Sanh: Reworked from Battlefield Vietnam many times, still a masterpiece of a map
Two Bridges: A map with four flags around two bridges on a river
Que Son Valley: Helicopters and tanks for flags around hills and rice paddies
Badmoonrising: The first night map, includes a transport helicopter
Hill937: A map with only one flag on top of a hill for a very intense fight
Closefire: A map with flags around a river for pure infantry fight
Brown Water Navy: The map name is an alternative name of the BFV Operation Game Warden. Its a helicopter map with boats and a Hovercraft with many flags on small islands

When you join the server, you will automatically switch game modes accordingly. If you encounter any issues, please let me know.

I will see you on the Battlefield!
I dl'd the game, loaded all the extra parts and hotfix and installed them, but when I go in and create a game or run instant game I do not see any of the the above games. What did I do wrong? Can I only see them once I log on to the Helloclan server?

Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I dl'd the game, loaded all the extra parts and hotfix and installed them, but when I go in and create a game or run instant game I do not see any of the the above games. What did I do wrong? Can I only see them once I log on to the Helloclan server?
Hello there,

So it's like BFV, you need to either go into "Options>Custom Game" and select the mod, or it should have a separate option right in the menu that says "Custom Game" or mods.

@LuccaWulf would actually be more knowledgeable here.

It would automatically select the game mode when connecting to a modded server. :)

Regards,
Ice

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
EDIT:

I have just started up our 1942 server with the mods running. If you try and join it, it should set your game mode automatically.
Thanks, I now go to the HC BF1942 server and the mod'd levels start to load, I get the EOD screen and "loading operation irving", then I get a BF1942.exe has stopped working windows error. Once it even said it could not find the level (or map) but that has not repeated.

I tried "activating" EOD in the custom games and it said it did, but it still crashes loading the game level on the HC server.

If I select another server on the internet server list, everything works fine with the game. I can also go to the Battlefield 1942\Mods\EoD\archives\bf1942\levels and see all the mod'd maps that are on the play list.

If I create my own EOD game everything works fine, so it seems that the problem occurs when connecting to the HC server.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
DaddyO I have the exact same error here on my windows 10 pc that runs BFV and BF1942 perfectly. Unfortunately I have no fix for this and will wait and see if this is a common problem. Failing that I will be playing BFV over the weekend and may see you there :D

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, I now go to the HC BF1942 server and the mod'd levels start to load, I get the EOD screen and "loading operation irving", then I get a BF1942.exe has stopped working windows error. Once it even said it could not find the level (or map) but that has not repeated.

I tried "activating" EOD in the custom games and it said it did, but it still crashes loading the game level on the HC server.

If I select another server on the internet server list, everything works fine with the game. I can also go to the Battlefield 1942\Mods\EoD\archives\bf1942\levels and see all the mod'd maps that are on the play list.

If I create my own EOD game everything works fine, so it seems that the problem occurs when connecting to the HC server.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Hmm that is interesting because I was able to join the server just fine a few weeks ago when I was testing it out. I was also able to bring a friend and he was able to connect as well. I will try to see if I can connect and see if something is wrong with the server or the client files. Thanks for the heads up ?

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Leon
Hmm that is interesting because I was able to join the server just fine a few weeks ago when I was testing it out. I was also able to bring a friend and he was able to connect as well. I will try to see if I can connect and see if something is wrong with the server or the client files. Thanks for the heads up ?
No problem. From what I remember I could also connect just fine to the HC server when it had all the un-mod'd games running on it. Then it was rebooted with the EOD running and no joy since.

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I was able to join the server just fine
4287925D-7188-49C7-91D4-DAF90D12CBE7.jpeg

LuccaWulf

Forum Newbie
-[HELLO]-BFV
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
No problem. From what I remember I could also connect just fine to the HC server when it had all the un-mod'd games running on it. Then it was rebooted with the EOD running and no joy since.
Do you know what version of EoD you are running? I’m also on Windows 10 by the way and I don’t have any issues.

Back