• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Amended Battlefield Vietnam Rules: (effective from 12th February 2021)

How have you found these changes?

• I'm not so sure yet.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Local time
10:39 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Rule Amendments:

Amended topic / page:
BFV Main Page & Rules

Section of rule(s) changed:
Racism & excessive Insulting will not be tolerated:
Racism & excessive Insulting will not be tolerated:

This is probably our main rule on -[HELLO]-Bfv | Allmaps, and is not to be interpreted wrongly. While cussing, swearing, having controversial discussions and using controversial nicknames is allowed to a certain point, the line is crossed when someone is offended. So, what is offensive? This is one of the biggest issues we have in the community perception of ban reports. Obviously, people have different opinions and views on certain matters. So to clarify, something is offensive when someone is offended, even if the offender doesn't think it is.

The least we can do then is to ask of him to stop bothering the person in question. Moving on from what's generally offensive, to insulting. We ask you not to insult people in a offensive manner based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability or any other status that might really offend a person.

Amended rule:
Racism, swearing & excessive insulting will not be tolerated.

To encourage a more friendly atmosphere, our server has a zero tolerance policy on swearing, excessive insulting and racism. Further, this rule is to ensure our server has no toxicity as well as no verbal animosity towards other players.

As such, swearing is entirely forbidden, along with calling other players racial slurs or insulting terms. Enforcement of this rule is primarily done through the servers Banned Words program. We have added the most common swear words and slurs to this list. The result is that if a player uses a banned word in-game, the server will automatically warn you and should player continue using banned words within a few rounds, the player will automatically be kicked. Automatics bans may be applied, otherwise they will manually be applied by an Admin upon review. Please see our Admin Courses of Action for more info.

Please note, for the first month of implementation we are going to allow adjustment to the amended rule. To this effect, an offending player will be warned first, before being kicked for breaking the above rule.

Amended topic / page:
[Admin] Courses of Action - https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9205

Section of rule(s) changed:
Chat based offences:
Chat based offenses;

Example: Spamming, inappropriate names and inappropriate language.

All of these offenses are of the same type, so if someone chat spams and get's kicked, then decides to be abusive with poor choices of words, they will be banned. As is to be expected though, admin discretion will be used in all circumstances. An Admin may warn the user if they choose to, otherwise they will be kicked immediately.

Actions to be expected:

1. The player will be kicked as soon as the offense is committed.

2. Should the player keep it up after they have been kicked, they will be banned for a period entirely dependent upon their behavior.

Further examples of the above rule:

Repeating the same message multiple times. (by text or in-game commands)

Warning players of an important situation multiple times, within reason. (losing main, stolen aircraft)

Names which are abusive or derogatory and targeted at a player. ('x is an idiot' is not ok)

Names which a good number of people take offence to. (Hitler, SS soldier etc.)

Names which deliberately impersonate another player

Names that imply you're in an established clan when you're not really a member.

Names that contain profanity.

Names that can't be seen clearly in-game.

Names that aren't visible to us through the RM Admin tool.

Names which include sexual chat, within reason.

Names which may contain abusive/derogatory words but are not targeted at a player. ('idiot' is fine.)

Repeatedly being abusive to someone. (targeted insulting)

Racist language is not appropriate.

Anything deemed excessive by an admin. (Like everything you say being an insult)

Excessive accusing of hacks/weapon insulting/whiner or crying comments.

Being asked to stop by the player you are targeting and refusing to. (within reason)

Occasional sexual chat is fine, within reason. An admin or player can ask you to stop if they feel it has gone too far as we do get people of all ages here.

The occasional rude comment is fine. Saying it as a joke if the player understands is fine. However, if the player asks you to stop or feels offended you are expected to stop.

Amended Section Layout:

Chat based offenses;

Example: Spamming, inappropriate names and inappropriate language.

All of these offenses are of the same type, so if someone chat spams and get's kicked, then decides to be abusive with poor choices of words, they will be banned. As is to be expected though, admin discretion will be used in all circumstances. An Admin may warn the user if they choose to, otherwise they will be kicked immediately.

Actions to be expected:

1. The player will be kicked as soon as the offense is committed.

2. Should the player keep it up after they have been kicked, they will be banned for a period entirely dependent upon their behavior.

Further examples of the above rule:

Repeating the same message multiple times. (by text or in-game commands)

Warning players of an important situation multiple times, within reason. (losing main, stolen aircraft)

Names which are abusive or derogatory and targeted at a player. ('x is an idiot' is not ok)

Names which a good number of people take offence to. (Hitler, SS soldier etc.)

Names which deliberately impersonate another player

Names that imply you're in an established clan when you're not really a member.

Names that contain profanity.

Names that contain slurs.

Names that can't be seen clearly in-game.

Names that aren't visible to us through the RM Admin tool.

Any form of swearing, utterances of insulting slurs etc.

Any chat with sexual context or content.

Racist language is not appropriate.

Anything deemed excessive by an admin. (Like everything you say being an insult)

Excessive accusing of hacks/weapon insulting/whiner or crying comments.

The occasional rude comment is fine. Saying it as a joke if the player understands is fine. However, if the player asks you to stop or feels offended you are expected to stop.

Utterances like "noob" is allowed, until it becomes excessive.

That is all the amendments that will be made. Basically, we are clamping down on how the chat is used. We are trying to improve the atmosphere by making these changes and look forward to hearing your views on these changes.

I encourage you all to respond to this topic, vote on the poll above and let me hear your thoughts on these changes. The world is not perfect, we cannot cater to everything and everyone, but we can still try.

Regards,
Ice

Ps.

Please note:

For the period of a month from the date of implementation (12th February 2021), any player that breaks the amended rules will be warned first. Whether it is because of a banned word triggered by the automatic banned words list on the server or an Admin watching the in-game chat. You will be warned first!

Once this month has passed, we will resort back to immediately kicking the offending player.

The above does not apply to rules that have not been amended / mentioned in this topic. Therefore, if you break one of our other rules like disruptive play, you will be kicked.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

These amendments are now in effect! As I am still tinkering with the server's automatic banned words function, which at the moment is only allowing me to auto kick players and not auto warn them, Admins will be tasked with manually enforcing the new rules until we decide to either let it auto kick or simply give it a month then enable it.

Again, please familiarize yourself with the above amendments!

Regards,
Ice

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Thank you for these new rules. I think players will get the idea with a single kick. Turn it on. You post the "F" word and you get kicked. They can come back in. If I said that word around my mother, and I would not have anyway, if she didn't slap the snot out of me my dad would have kicked me arse.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
UPDATE:

I have fixed the auto warning system for the server. If a player uses a banned word, they will be warned first. If they come back and do it again they will get kicked. If they come back yet again and use a banned word once more, they will be banned automatically by the server. The server's auto ban is permanent, I can't change that, so an Admin will review it manually and remove it accordingly if need be or a ban topic will be made.

Warnings will only happen once per word. So if two players used the same banned word throughout the day, one may get warned the other may get kicked immediately. I admit, it's a bit flawed. But's it's something.

Regards,
Ice

Last edited:

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:39 AM
Reaction score
Ice, do you have a list of words players can look at to know what will cause one to be warned, kicked, banned? Thanks.

Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Ice, do you have a list of words players can look at to know what will cause one to be warned, kicked, banned? Thanks.

Howdy,

Because I have enabled the same type of function on the site, any cuss word will automatically be censored. Thus I can't actually throw out a list here.

Basically, it's any type of actual swear word or heavy lined insult.

So we are now officially PG...

Regards,
Ice

Back