• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Friendly fire

• Thread starter Deleted member 10634
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10634

Please put friendly fire on or remove all weapons+tanks choppers other than the knifes so we can stop the constant cry and insults of people using M79 and LAW/ Rpg.
images.jpg

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Stop toobing your feet to kill people and they won't insult you :D

And for the record I would love to have FF turned on permanently but the players voted it down....Not saying who but we all have a pretty good idea :p

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
I'm glad to see some things never change...

We've danced this battle on a few occasions now Snake, trialing Friendly Fire, trialing Vote Kick etc etc. It all was for naught.

The LAW & M79 are a part of the game it's our history now. ?

We can though have an event that encumbers Friendly Fire. ;) Something I'll look at in short course.

Regards,
Ice

Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Keep FF off.
Just set up -40% damage to M79 weapon. Is that possible?

Unfortunately I can't easily change splash damage settings for individual weapons specifically. I only have global options available. :confused:

Options of which I will share with you all below:

1611856496145.png

Regards,
Ice

BassToss

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
The LAW & M79 are a part of the game it's our history now. ?

100% right.
There are enough fps games clones limitted to rifles...
In my point of view, if someone doesn't want get killed by m79, law, xm 148, tanks, choppers (etc...) he probably didn't choose the right game and should try a game called "counter strike".
Kill a M16 by 400 meters with a law on landing zone albany is my favorite chocolate.
[Joke ON]Law should be the only weapon allowed on this map[/joke OFF]

D

Deleted member 10634

I agree with @paranoid to keep FF off. I play on another server with FF on and it's not as much fun when I often lose because of FF. It's a relief coming back to Hello server and not worrying about FF anymore.

And for the record I would love to have FF turned on permanently but the players voted it down....Not saying who but we all have a pretty good idea :p
?????

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score

I'm not sure who all I agree with or disagree with here. I like the idea set forth by Paranoia to set splash damage. I toob because sometimes, I have no choice. Guys get in tanks and depending on the kits, you might get mines with a pathetic rifle and a torch to use to kill them. At least with a tube, you have a chance of taking out the tank and the enemy.

Do I like being toobed? No. I doubt anybody does. But how else can you shoot an MI8 out of the sky? How do you kill an APC that is taking a flag? LAW

I use the M79 sometimes because some of the players I must play against are far more skilled and this is the only way I have of not repeated death/spawn/death/spawn.

I think if FF is turned on, guys will leave the game. Nades. Bettys. Claymores. Chopper shots. The unintended consequences will kill the server. My opinion.

D

Deleted member 10634

i DONT SEE THE PROBLEM. iF YOU MAKE A LOT OF tk THEN ITS JUST YOU BEING A FOOL AND YOU WILL GET A BIG MINUSSCORE. oTHER SERVERS CAN HANDLE THIS WITH AN AUTO KICK. Sry just sawa my capos were on. When even admins call people noobs etc when they get hit by M79 or RPG etc. then I think you should reconsidder

Jum_P

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately I can't easily change splash damage settings for individual weapons specifically. I only have global options available. :confused:

Options of which I will share with you all below:

1611856496145.png
Try to set "splash damage kickback" to 100%, i think it will solve the problem of toobing under feet, but i am not sure that it wiil work proper way with zeroed "soldier splash damage" option.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
i DONT SEE THE PROBLEM. iF YOU MAKE A LOT OF tk THEN ITS JUST YOU BEING A FOOL AND YOU WILL GET A BIG MINUSSCORE. oTHER SERVERS CAN HANDLE THIS WITH AN AUTO KICK.

So when Santa places a claymore around a corner and a teammate sets it off and dies, Santa is being a fool? Players throw nades. They lay down mines. Players ignore bouncing bettys all the time. So they are fools by using a tool in the kit? The fools are the teammates that set them off, die and then the player who placed the claymore gets rung up with a TK.

Jum_P

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Landmines and other stuff are blocks the way for both teams, not only for enemies. So, if player can't place a landmine such way, that teammate can easy escape it, yes he fool and gets his deserved TK.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
I played on servers with FF turned on in the day and you just don't use betties and mines unless you are smart with placement. You don't drop timebombs at your feet or fire a toob into a group or at your feet and you have to watch where you shoot/bomb from aircraft. On the flipside you had to have 'Q' on so you could see if mines or betties were down. PTK and FTK were the commands you typed if you were team killed to forgive(Quick spawn) or punish(Long spawn) the other player.

Spamming for kills is the new way we play this game and I have no more to say in this subject in here at least.

D

Deleted member 10634

So when Santa places a claymore around a corner and a teammate sets it off and dies, Santa is being a fool? Players throw nades. They lay down mines. Players ignore bouncing bettys all the time. So they are fools by using a tool in the kit? The fools are the teammates that set them off, die and then the player who placed the claymore gets rung up with a TK.
The fools are the ones that dont pay attention and use press Q. with FF on you just need to be more strategic with positioning clays and betties.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Landmines and other stuff are blocks the way for both teams, not only for enemies. So, if player can't place a landmine such way, that teammate can easy escape it, yes he fool and gets his deserved TK.

Where do you suggest that landmines be put down?

On Operation Flaming Dart, I have flown Red to Blue airfield. Bail out and place mines in front of F4s. Teammates fly over, bail out and steal F4. So I am a fool for putting a mine there?

I have put Booby Trap on the Quad gun in Hastings. Those will TK a teammate now, and I have had teammates die because they don't use the Q key.

Pinky

Normal Poster
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The fools are the ones that dont pay attention and use press Q. with FF on you just need to be more strategic with positioning clays and betties.

Read my post above in response to Jum P. Yeah, they don't use the Q key. So I get punished and I am the fool for putting a mine in front of an F4?

Every map we deal with mines. How many mines are placed on Reclaiming Hue? It is a miners paradise. In Saigon 68, Bouncing Betties and Claymores are always a risk. If FF is turned on, players will no longer use those weapons. Those who like to live in gunships and MI8s will find themselves with numerous TKs and punishment.

We are getting players on the server. 42 recently. Let's not screw it up. There is no easy solution. I don't complain when I get toobed. It's just part of the game and when I can, I take Nagi's M79 and use it on him and his teammates. He's not going to change. Just accept that it's going to happen and just spawn somewhere else.

Back