• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Request to keep empty server running on the last played map

Local time
12:57 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Hello,
Request to bring back the server setting that keeps the empty server running on the last played map when the last player disconnected. This way, new players can continue where the last player left off. In my opinion, this will bring continuity to the game's map order. Of course the continuity of map order is disrupted by map voting, but at least the server will not reset to the first map every time the server is empty.
Thank you!

Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Shaun
Hello,
Request to bring back the server setting that keeps the empty server running on the last played map when the last player disconnected. This way, new players can continue where the last player left off. In my opinion, this will bring continuity to the game's map order. Of course the continuity of map order is disrupted by map voting, but at least the server will not reset to the first map every time the server is empty.
Thank you!

Good evening Al Gore,

Because this is a fairly easy change, I'm willing to just implement it shortly and then make a topic on how others find it. Let's see and trial it, say till the end of this month? At the end of the month then we will review it. Unless of course any noticeable difference is quite noticeable, whether it be positive in nature or detrimental. :)

I shall make the change and topic shortly. It should just be noted though, that we've always had it reset to an idle map which has always been Hastings. Reason being that it's the one that generally attracts players when the server is actually empty.

Regards,
Ice

Back