• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

What Do You Think About The New Changes?

Would you like to keep the changes?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Hey!

It's been almost a month now since we voted on the new map order and other changes proposed by Al Gore:

For the whole month you all had a chance to test it on the battlefield, to weigh the pros and cons and to build up your opinion whether you would like to see it applied on a permanent basis or not.

So, what do you think about it?

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
I voted " Whatever I don't care, not because I don't but if changing the maps to suffice 5-10 people, then so be it. less than 6 players have been constantly pouting about the new map order but also say they didn't vote or their vote/voice won't be heard. So I am going to vote whatever for them. I play all the maps I don't like if populated and wait a long time for the maps I do like. I have done this is when it was an air map-centric order and now/ before and always. I suggest that all of you support the server regardless of your preference, Hello has been constantly changing the map orders and rules to suffice everyone's nuances, so this notion it's rigged for a few players I have been seeing is BS and a slap in the face to the admins, Russ and Tedde. Speak up and voice your opinion to be heard and quit being so fickle over the game we love and stands on the shoulders of others so you can play for free endlessly.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
What if we proposed 3 different map orders? So one grouping good suffice a certain group's preference?
I know this a lot more work, but then we could vote on 3 or 2 different map orders and maybe this could appease and get others to vote on a possible combination.

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for voicing your opinion.

But this voting thread is not only about the current map order, but about the set of changes as a whole, also including map vote turned off and idle map cleared out (Hastings).

We can propose a new map set (or several map orders), but what about mapvote turned OFF and no idle map?
Would players like to play with these settings turned OFF?
Or maybe we should go back to previous settings (including map vote and idle map ON) and vote for something else?

BassToss

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
4:56 AM
Reaction score
In my opinion, "no idle map" is very nice thing that makes it is not always the same maps played during rush houres. We should keep this setting for ever. I played last weeks some maps full of players that i didnt saw with so many peoples since many years. Like you know I'm not really fan about new map order but i think we can keep it like this for a while.
Later we could fixe it with Al Gore last order suggestion that makes a good alternate air/floor/air/floor etc. and of course keep "no idle" setting.
Rus, here's a map order as per player jop's suggestion:
  1. Operation Cedar Falls (Infantry+Air+Armored+Underground)
  2. Quang Tri - 1972 (Tank+Infantry)
  3. Operation Flaming Dart (Air+Tank+Infantry+Navy)
  4. Fall of Lang Vei (Infantry+Air+Tank)
  5. Hue – 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  6. Operation Hastings (Air+Infantry+Tank+Navy)
  7. Fall of Saigon (Tank+Infantry)
  8. Siege of Khe Sahn (Air+Tank+Infantry)
  9. Reclaiming Hue (Tank+Infantry)
  10. Operation Irving (Air+Infantry+Tank)
  11. Cambodian Incursion (Infantry+Tank)
  12. Defense of Con Thien (Air+Infantry+Armored)
  13. Saigon – 1968 (Tank+Infantry+Underground+Air)
  14. Ho Chi Minh Trail (Infantry+Tank)
  15. Landing Zone Albany (Infantry+Armored)
  16. The la Drang Valley (Infantry+Air)
  17. Quang Tri - 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  18. Operation Game Warden (Air+Infantry+Navy)

musterkunde

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
HP
Would it be possible that the very first player that enters in a game - without any other players - is able to make a map vote? That could be attractive to be a first player that starts gaming.

solidsnake333

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
I voted "i dont care" cause im out of the loop, havent played in a while.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
On November 24th, after a few players complained about the current map order in https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9163/ and one player named "jop" suggested to change the map order to "air,tank,inf,open" in this post. After seeing his suggestion, I drafted a new map order here which looks this:
  1. Operation Cedar Falls (Infantry+Air+Armored+Underground)
  2. Quang Tri - 1972 (Tank+Infantry)
  3. Operation Flaming Dart (Air+Tank+Infantry+Navy)
  4. Fall of Lang Vei (Infantry+Air+Tank)
  5. Hue – 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  6. Operation Hastings (Air+Infantry+Tank+Navy)
  7. Fall of Saigon (Tank+Infantry)
  8. Siege of Khe Sahn (Air+Tank+Infantry)
  9. Reclaiming Hue (Tank+Infantry)
  10. Operation Irving (Air+Infantry+Tank)
  11. Cambodian Incursion (Infantry+Tank)
  12. Defense of Con Thien (Air+Infantry+Armored)
  13. Saigon – 1968 (Tank+Infantry+Underground+Air)
  14. Ho Chi Minh Trail (Infantry+Tank)
  15. Landing Zone Albany (Infantry+Armored)
  16. The la Drang Valley (Infantry+Air)
  17. Quang Tri - 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  18. Operation Game Warden (Air+Infantry+Navy)
Secondly, the recent changes in server settings such as restoring "No Map Timer" and "Server staying on the map where the last player left" is how this server always used to be for years. These settings were changed early this year (2020) unannounced and without this type of forum vote.

Today's vote should have been to change the map order (to above mentioned list of maps) instead of a vote to keeping changes OR going back to:
  • Map Vote abuse every 180 seconds
  • Server resetting to Operation Hastings as soon as the server is empty
  • Map Order and Server Settings set in such a way that server cannot reach the maps on the bottom of the map order
  • Map Timer ON which prevents players to continue playing a map that they are on for a longer time when both teams are evenly matched.
At this point I don't mind whatever the map order is, as long as the server and map settings remain the same as now. I believe this is what @BassToss also wants. Please vote YES if you would like to keep the current server settings. If you prefer a different map order, please mention in a comment such as: If you agree to changing the map order to the one mentioned above OR if you have a different map order suggestion.

Die Bitch_20

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Not a bad map order, now I just need to get on and play fr the first time in forever. What are we gonna do to at least try to revive the community?

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
As far as the map order goes, yes it could use some improvement. Both Quang Tri, and Hue maps all in a row is brutal. In the end I do like the “no idle map” and I do like that map vote is turned off. I’m just happy to see 30+ players on weekends now!

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Possibly turning map vote back on could help. It does have its downside like people endlessly using it.

What about the possibility of having a second dose of an airmap or 2? Inserting say Hastings and Dart 2 times each to get a better ground / air ratio for the air map buffs ?

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Would it be possible that the very first player that enters in a game - without any other players - is able to make a map vote? That could be attractive to be a first player that starts gaming.

This is the old game and unfortunately the number of settings is limited. We can't even set up a different time between votes to prevent from vote spamming.
Map vote ON/OFF, Map Voting Majority Percentage and Voting Time in which players are allowed to cast a vote: that's pretty much all the settings we got..

As far as the map order goes, yes it could use some improvement. Both Quang Tri, and Hue maps all in a row is brutal. In the end I do like the “no idle map” and I do like that map vote is turned off. I’m just happy to see 30+ players on weekends now!

As I remember it was 30+ only once recently, and this number quickly dwindled after another hue/quang tri map appeared

What about the possibility of having a second dose of an airmap or 2? Inserting say Hastings and Dart 2 times each to get a better ground / air ratio for the air map buffs ?

Do you suggest to insert even more airmaps in the list? 2 instances of Hastings and Dart?

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey, roibert88, Princess Peach, fuqer!

Thank you for voting but I don't remember seeing you online lately?
Have you actually checked out these changes in-game?

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
This is the old game and unfortunately the number of settings is limited. We can't even set up a different time between votes to prevent from vote spamming.
Map vote ON/OFF, Map Voting Majority Percentage and Voting Time in which players are allowed to cast a vote: that's pretty much all the settings we got..

As I remember it was 30+ only once recently, and this number quickly dwindled after another hue/quang tri map appeared

Do you suggest to insert even more airmaps in the list? 2 instances of Hastings and Dart?

I think your right and yes one or two more air maps. This would slightly shorten the interval between the ground and air maps and hopefully getting players to " hang in " a little longer before quitting and seeing 2-4 ground maps in a row. I am only suggesting this to aid with the server population throughout busy times. It seems like when there is back-to-back Hochi and Cambodian maps many players drop off if the interval is 4 ground maps in a row again there is drop-off. Only an idea for discussion.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
It seems like when there is back-to-back Hochi and Cambodian maps many players drop off if the interval is 4 ground maps in a row again there is drop-off. Only an idea for discussion.
The new suggested map order addresses this issue after player Jop's suggestion. We have 18 maps to cycle through. Repeating a couple of air maps doesn't hurt but lengthens the cycle. We must remember that there are some players who prefer ground maps too. I've seen a few players leave when an air map appears. I remember arguing with them about Counter Strike in the past. They will be awfully pissed to see air maps repeat twice. I say leave the 18 maps alone. Just reorder them as per the list here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9176/post-63619

mRoRange

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The new suggested map order addresses this issue after player Jop's suggestion. We have 18 maps to cycle through. Repeating a couple of air maps doesn't hurt but lengthens the cycle. We must remember that there are some players who prefer ground maps too. I've seen a few players leave when an air map appears. I remember arguing with them about Counter Strike in the past. They will be awfully pissed to see air maps repeat twice. I say leave the 18 maps alone. Just reorder them as per the list here: https://forum.helloclan.eu/threads/9176/post-63619

I'm just throwing it out there. Tired of seeing players whine about the order all the time and tried making some suggestions that may appeal to them and for the ones that don't make any suggestions for themselves. Have you seen these lately, " it won't matter, and my voice won't get heard, it's your server, Im not part of Hello, on and on, blah, blah".o_O voting for the non-voters, lol. Try something different, the other 10 k map orders didn't work for these hard to please...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back