• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Map List

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:38 PM
Reaction score
More "trollers", "bitching because they can't disrupt the map order every 180 seconds any more "?

DiscoMagpieit will never end15:24:45 22|11|2020
Skillzlol

Skillzto bad Map voting has been disablet15:25:11 22|11|2020

Kickapoono map vote17:02:52 22|11|2020
Kickapoo cmon dart 17:03:07 22|11|2020

DiscoMagpieyou will never sdee dart agin17:03:35 22|11|2020

Kickapooi'm afraid not17:03:42 22|11|2020
Kickapooi get it, too much hastings is bad17:03:58 22|11|2020
Kickapoobut this is a streak of dry maps17:04:04 22|11|2020

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
jopthe map order is complete bs...14:04:16 23|11|2020
=KGC= Terry Yakithey allegedly had a vote on it14:04:31 23|11|2020
jopshould be something like: air,tank,inf,open14:04:33 23|11|2020

Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
Rus, here's a map order as per player jop's suggestion:
  1. Operation Cedar Falls (Infantry+Air+Armored+Underground)
  2. Quang Tri - 1972 (Tank+Infantry)
  3. Operation Flaming Dart (Air+Tank+Infantry+Navy)
  4. Fall of Lang Vei (Infantry+Air+Tank)
  5. Hue – 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  6. Operation Hastings (Air+Infantry+Tank+Navy)
  7. Fall of Saigon (Tank+Infantry)
  8. Siege of Khe Sahn (Air+Tank+Infantry)
  9. Reclaiming Hue (Tank+Infantry)
  10. Operation Irving (Air+Infantry+Tank)
  11. Cambodian Incursion (Infantry+Tank)
  12. Defense of Con Thien (Air+Infantry+Armored)
  13. Saigon – 1968 (Tank+Infantry+Underground+Air)
  14. Ho Chi Minh Trail (Infantry+Tank)
  15. Landing Zone Albany (Infantry+Armored)
  16. The la Drang Valley (Infantry+Air)
  17. Quang Tri - 1968 (Tank+Infantry)
  18. Operation Game Warden (Air+Infantry+Navy)

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
jopthe map order is complete bs...14:04:16 23|11|2020
=KGC= Terry Yakithey allegedly had a vote on it14:04:31 23|11|2020
jopshould be something like: air,tank,inf,open14:04:33 23|11|2020
@[RUS]WàrrióR why don't you reorder the map list? I sent you suggestion on Tuesday morning. @BassToss even voted for it. We are in Thanksgiving long weekend.

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
@[RUS]WàrrióR why don't you reorder the map list? I sent you suggestion on Tuesday morning. @BassToss even voted for it. We are in Thanksgiving long weekend.

It's been only 1 week since the new map order arrived. We've had a serious vote on this and our community decided that they want to see it applied on permanent basis.

Now you are suggesting me to close my eyes on players' decision and change the order once again just because you said so (ok, + 1 more player) on your first call without asking everyone else? Or should we make public votes regarding this every few days?

Well, it's just as I said...
Even if I turn it off now and after a week or two you suddenly change your opinion once again, should I turn it on again on your first call?
It's not really about map vote now and rather about map order, but it's pretty much the same.

Local time
Reaction score
Steam
 antiawp
It's been only 1 week since the new map order arrived. We've had a serious vote on this and our community decided that they want to see it applied on permanent basis.

Now you are suggesting me to close my eyes on players' decision and change the order once again just because you said so (ok, + 1 more player) on your first call without asking everyone else? Or should we make public votes regarding this every few days?

Well, it's just as I said...

It's not really about map vote now and rather about map order, but it's pretty much the same.
You didn't ask the community vote when you changed the map order before right?

You yourself have been pointing out how some players are constantly complaining about the map order. I gave you a solution but you prefer that they continue to complain? What is your motive? It takes 5 mins to change the map order.

BassToss

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi,
First of all I would like to admit that I had not enough watched in details at the new map order before voting. It's my fault I don't have to complain ...
Anyway my vote would not have changed the final result. In what (the little) I had read I especially appreciated the fact that the order of the maps does not start again from zero when the server is empty, it is a good thing because it allows to not always play the same maps at rush hour. But when I realized that there were at least 8 infantry maps in a row I quickly became disillusioned... I'm waiting Hasting in the middle of the map order for 8 years to play it in rush hour but it seems it is not going to happen :D
I always played this game because it offered the possibility of changing of gameplay style from one map to another, now this is gone.

I fully understand your point of view Rus. In principle, you are absolutely right.
Maybe calling a vote and freezing it permanently on a game that only survives thanks to a small community of players like ours is not the best solution.
In the end this voting thing does not care, it is not a presidential election. Let's have fun and keep an open door for surprises.
I remain convinced that as an administrator you can load the map you want, modify the order when you want and even modify the maps in custom combat when you want by changing the vehicles as you had suggested in games or in the forum (Full hueys Slicks on fall of saigon for example ect ...). It was a great idea.
Many old servers did it and I loved going there. Don't ask permission, just do it! I doubt our community will quit the server because on weekends an administrator wants to put some fun and funk music in this mess!
I think on the contrary that we will come back more often.

New maps order will not increase the game population. This is impossible. The game is no longer sold, difficult to obtain other than through a No-Cd version without forgetting issues on Windows 10 and the manual installation 1.21 patch requested to play... The game population will not explode if Dice does not make a remastered version of it and that may never happens. We have to be realistic.

We will remain the same loyal Battlefield Vietnam gaming community until then. The only way to get players come back for a while is to continue playing and make actives players get a lot of fun.

LTShaun

Regular Poster
HELLOCLAN LEADERSHIP
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi,
First of all I would like to admit that I had not enough watched in details at the new map order before voting. It's my fault I don't have to complain ...
Anyway my vote would not have changed the final result. In what (the little) I had read I especially appreciated the fact that the order of the maps does not start again from zero when the server is empty, it is a good thing because it allows to not always play the same maps at rush hour. But when I realized that there were at least 8 infantry maps in a row I quickly became disillusioned... I'm waiting Hasting in the middle of the map order for 8 years to play it in rush hour but it seems it is not going to happen :D
I always played this game because it offered the possibility of changing of gameplay style from one map to another, now this is gone.

I fully understand your point of view Rus. In principle, you are absolutely right.
Maybe calling a vote and freezing it permanently on a game that only survives thanks to a small community of players like ours is not the best solution.
In the end this voting thing does not care, it is not a presidential election. Let's have fun and keep an open door for surprises.
I remain convinced that as an administrator you can load the map you want, modify the order when you want and even modify the maps in custom combat when you want by changing the vehicles as you had suggested in games or in the forum (Full hueys Slicks on fall of saigon for example ect ...). It was a great idea.
Many old servers did it and I loved going there. Don't ask permission, just do it! I doubt our community will quit the server because on weekends an administrator wants to put some fun and funk music in this mess!
I think on the contrary that we will come back more often.

New maps order will not increase the game population. This is impossible. The game is no longer sold, difficult to obtain other than through a No-Cd version without forgetting issues on Windows 10 and the manual installation 1.21 patch requested to play... The game population will not explode if Dice does not make a remastered version of it and that may never happens. We have to be realistic.

We will remain the same loyal Battlefield Vietnam gaming community until then. The only way to get players come back for a while is to continue playing and make actives players get a lot of fun.
This is a good point but -[HELLO]- server is not about funk and SSM, we are known for stock, no mods gameplay. If players want SSM and Mods there are other servers running that. I hope that one day EA re-releases BF1942, BFVIETNAM, & BF2 but we can’t hold our breath lol. I agree that we are the only loyal and long term players of this game left and all we can do is try and enjoy it while we still have our community. RUS is correct in the way he does things, he is the lead administrator but he can’t just change map order and server settings without consulting the whole community. It shows our players that we appreciate them on our server and their opinions matter as well. Sadly I’m off to work today but hope to catch you guys in game either tonight or definitely tomorrow!

[RUS]WàrrióR

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Don't ask permission, just do it!

So later I would have to listen to something like this?

Better to ... let the clan leader do whatever he wants right?

No, thank you! :D

I remain convinced that as an administrator you can load the map you want, modify the order when you want and even modify the maps in custom combat when you want by changing the vehicles as you had suggested in games or in the forum

Theoretically, I can do whatever I want here indeed. You know, sometimes I feel like it's a good weekend to turn hello server into 24/7 hastings server, enjoying hastings for many days or hours long. But how many players do you think would like this idea? :D

Apparently, sometimes I can't make such decisions alone. Even when I was doing this mod thing or slightly rearranging some maps in the middle of the map list I was constantly listening to what players say about this and I was ready to revert any new change if enough players were unhappy about it.

What x4|Al Gore suggested is a serious set of changes, completely changing our game experience we've had for years: removing most popular hastings map from the 1st position, clearing out idle map, turning off map vote forever, etc. Even if this was my idea, I wouldn't implement it on my own without asking the rest of our players first, because it's just too huge.

We've had a vote and it was almost 2/3 (18 vs 10) who agreed with the idea, so I implemented it according to players' wish!

I thought x4|Al Gore would be happy the most about it, but he's still not... Sorry, but I am not going to revert the newly applied changes we've been all voting on just because Gore alone said so!

Of course it's not! It is permanent only if our players say so!

Maybe some more players changed their mind after they tried it in-game?

Just leave a message here if you would like to re-vote!
If there are going to be enough players, we can easily make another vote to bring it back as it used to be! And maybe even vote for something else afterwards!

Chat logs are not reliable indicator of players' opinions here, so use our forum if you want to be heard!

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Russ, Thank you for the changes and for going through the process. What some may be experiencing here is a lack of participation and following up with those complaints is an " it wouldn't have made a difference anyway".

1. PArticipate , participate paticpate
2. voice your opinion check the forum and vote.
3. Please don't start being pissy on the server and act like it's some big conspiracy to turn the server into something it ain't.
4.I voted, in my opinion, it wasn't perfect and no order is, but like in many cases, I go with the flow. There wasn't enough to say no for me.
5. In the past the order has always been air map-centric, what one time it cant turn the other way or everything is upside down ?, no sometimes the order swings the other way.

Lastly, try it for a few weeks and give Russ a break. If at the end of next month it's so bad and causing everyone to lose sleep and miss meals, then participate in the forum and speak up.

Back