• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Bots

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
6:18 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Hi everyone

I have enabled Bots on Ia Drang as a trial. The map is rarely played these days so I want to see how this goes.

I am looking to enable bots on some of the bigger maps that get bypassed due to low player numbers.
Not all maps can have bots so my choices are restricted a bit but please let me know how this goes.

BarFly

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
10:18 AM
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have enabled Bots on Ia Drang as a trial. The map is rarely played these days so I want to see how this goes.

I am looking to enable bots on some of the bigger maps that get bypassed due to low player numbers.
Not all maps can have bots so my choices are restricted a bit but please let me know how this goes.

It will fuck up the rankingsystem totally. A Huey pilot can get over 400 points in one round when she's raping bots...
Just a thought! :( Another step closer the end?

Sadly Bar

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
It will fuck up the rankingsystem totally. A Huey pilot can get over 400 points in one round when she's raping bots...
Just a thought! :( Another step closer the end?

Sadly Bar
Well it looks like I can't do that then. :)

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
4:18 AM
Reaction score
You're a madman, Vmax, an absolute madman completely out of control...or a genius...an absolute genius, a visionary of the highest regard.

Personally, I think it's a great idea. I hope it works spectacularly.

And Bar, you are correct. However, the ranking system always unfairly benefited the pilots. They could move swiftly from one point to another in relative safety and amass fantastic numbers whereas real players had to earn their points. So, if it keeps some maps interesting and worth playing, then I think it's a great idea.

Oh, and Avengers Endgame...WOW! A bit of a bladder challenge but an awesome movie.

BarFly

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
There are always two sides of a coin. I will not play it if bots are added.
I will not sit and wait for it to change to another map. I have other things to do..
Watch while the paint is drying or have another cup of coffee :)

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Oh don't worry I turned them off.

If I ever get my hands on the Stats I will turn them off too :)

.BR.IRON MAN

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
se eu tivesse pelo menos dois bots, seria bom estimular a entrada dos primeiros jogadores, às vezes vejo o servidor vazio e ninguém entra porque não há nada, ou quando vejo alguém do gametracker, eu entro e essa pessoa se foi = (

.BR.IRON MAN

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:18 AM
Reaction score
if I had at least two bots, it would be good to stimulate the entry of the first players, sometimes I see the server empty and no one enters because there is nothing, or when I see someone by the gametracker, I enter and that person is gone = (

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
if I had at least two bots, it would be good to stimulate the entry of the first players, sometimes I see the server empty and no one enters because there is nothing, or when I see someone by the gametracker, I enter and that person is gone = (
Hi ironman

The server is going to stay as it is until we shut her down.
I have tried a few things to liven it up but have been shot down in flames(<-Like my pun) by the regular players.

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Wait, so regular players would prefer to sit around in an empty server than to have some stupid bots to kill while they wait for other players to join?

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Fair point. I last played August 5, 2018...I remember it well...a hot day at Khe Sahn. The sun burned innocently but steadily on my robust, tanned muscles. The air smelled of fresh napalm, and I recall I thought I heard a loon.

The teams were 3 vs. 3. I was American, not a proud American mind you, but American nonetheless.

Someone took our main, again with only 3 players.

I left the game because I wanted better things to do than get hammered over and over again in a desperate yet futile attempt to regain a main that should never have been taken in the first place.

If only there had been a few bots to help me retake the main. Alas, it was not to be.

Still, to your original point, a power surge from one of the hurricanes killed my desktop computer a few weeks later. I'll return when I get an opportunity.

T

TonyB

There are always two sides of a coin. I will not play it if bots are added.
I will not sit and wait for it to change to another map. I have other things to do..
Watch while the paint is drying or have another cup of coffee :)

Look out BarFly, Shaun will be calling you a bully. You are one of the reasons I am to blame for Vmax quitting you know. You bully!

pinky

BarFly

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Look out BarFly, Shaun will be calling you a bully. You are one of the reasons I am to blame for Vmax quitting you know. You bully!

pinky

Saying the truth is nowadays called whissle blowing and will cause you aprox 25 years in prison. Where is the world going?

T

TonyB

What seems odd to me is that they have a topic for folks to give an opinion. But when you do, if it is conflict with what the powers think is best, then you are bullied by them. His accusation of me not being able to bully Rice is actually a bully on his part. They get lost in this circle of nonsense. You can't have a discussion. Common sense is missing. Seriously, who fricking thinks that switching teams back and forth in a match isn't disruptive??? And then to make a rule that you can do so three times. lol - you can't make this up. As if you can find an admin that could possibly ever police such a thing.

Do you you have your server up and running Fly? What are you playing these days?

Back