• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

windows 10 suks

STALKER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:38 AM
Reaction score
Thought i up and running,got hdd working installed win 10 didn't think about my MB only supporting only up to win 7.Have 2 get win 7 os now qot pc w/it already on it got no disk have 2 order 1 Ebay here i come again :-» #%£¡¿#$%*"& IT LOL .B Back soon i hope.(having withdraws) hahaha. Stalk u all later.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi Stalker,

What isn't supported by Windows 10? Is it USB ports? You might be better served upgrading your motherboard on ebay than buying Windows 7 - for obsolescence issues. If it is lack of a specific driver (USB, Video), another option would be to buy a plug in card for whatever does not have a driver.

For the record, I haven't re-installed BFV in many many years. I just copied the folder over from one install to another (Vista->Windows 7->Windows 10) - all 64bit. Once you have a stable installed version, keep a copy of it so you never have to re-install.

Rambo FlamingDart

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
Usually older mainboards work fine with newer Operating Systems. Just the other way around can cause some problems of finding suitable drivers.
If you want to give us a bit more system specs. we might be able to help you :)

STALKER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Stalker,

What isn't supported by Windows 10? Is it USB ports? You might be better served upgrading your motherboard on ebay than buying Windows 7 - for obsolescence issues. If it is lack of a specific driver (USB, Video), another option would be to buy a plug in card for whatever does not have a driver.

For the record, I haven't re-installed BFV in many many years. I just copied the folder over from one install to another (Vista->Windows 7->Windows 10) - all 64bit. Once you have a stable installed version, keep a copy of it so you never have to re-install.
Hi Stalker,

my mb specs say supports up 2 win 7,didnt think of drivers fig they w/os. thinking of new mb.game run ok on win 10?

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:38 AM
Reaction score
Hi Stalker - it sounds like you may not have tried to install Win10 yet. If you have a copy and have not tried to install it on your existing motherboard, you may want to try. As Rambo said, it may very well work.

STALKER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ok got wrkn,now i get run program as admin, i do and nothing happens wont load ,just curser busy for a sec,then stops.

STALKER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Stalker,

As with what the other good people said, 9 times out of time Windows 10 will work on many older boards.

The manufacturer may say "Supports Win 7" or "Supports up to Win 7" but in truth Windows 10 should work just fine. My board is certified for windows 7 yet runs windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10 just fine. :)

Once windows 10 is installed, windows update should automatically download and install your Motherboard's drivers. If it does not you can also manually install them by going to your Mobo's manufacturer site and downloading the software yourself.

As for BFV, it runs just fine on Windows 10. ;) A lot of us are a testament to that fact!

Feel free to contact me if you need help. :)
Thanks will try updating mobo.

BarFly

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
The latest W10 update making my pc crash and restarting when I trying to start BFV.
Yes, W10 really sux :/

STALKER

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
The latest W10 update making my pc crash and restarting when I trying to start BFV.
Yes, W10 really sux :/
I found an hard drive I had w/windows 7 so I reinstalled from factory image,bypassed HP booby trap updated to service pac 2 turned off win updates works great.Stalk u later :)

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Thought i up and running,got hdd working installed win 10 didn't think about my MB only supporting only up to win 7.Have 2 get win 7 os now qot pc w/it already on it got no disk have 2 order 1 Ebay here i come again :-» #%£¡¿#$%*"& IT LOL .B Back soon i hope.(having withdraws) hahaha. Stalk u all later.

Checkout the generic chipset drivers opposed to the MB system drivers.

example: find out the chipset your MB is based on and AMD or Intel will have those drivers more than likely on their website. If not install Windows 7 drivers for Win10 drivers. Just make sure if they were 32Bit before and you are going to use 64 bit going forward, need to be 32/32 or 64bit/64 bit. I run my old printers on Win10 with Win7 drivers / and a bunch of other stuff, Check forums for your MB and you find many drivers that will work. I converted 2 laptops I had with no drivers to Win10 from Win7. You got to dig and experiment a little. But Win 7 & 8 drivers will work for WIn10 drivers in many cases. Check Intel's website for old generic chipset drivers and you can find sound drivers from the manufacture of your sound chips website too.

It takes some time, but typically and unless your MB was designed for WinXP there's a driver out there that will suffice for WIn10.

Supporter

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:38 AM
Reaction score
Battlefield 1942, Vietnam, 2 and all the after Releases works without big trouble with Windows 10.;-) Luck for our community.:)

I missed a BFV Mod Server included the Mods - Point of Existance, Arsenal, Eve of Destruction, Operation Peacekeeper, WW2 Mod.

Back