• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Map Tweak Suggestion

T

TonyB

I am thinking that the maps could be tweaked a bit to improve play and attract players.

These are just suggestions, none of which involve admin participation such as new rules and I’m not so sure that perhaps getting rid of a rule would be a good start, such as the main rape rule. I really don’t care anymore. If players want to run players off the server, so be it. Player does it with his continual and disruptive team switching. Bag that rule as well.

The guys that play the game on a regular basis know which maps lead to player evacuation. When I look at the stats page, I see these guys are the top 20 (I know 21 but I will exclude me and add in Vmax):
Nagi

Rick

Doen

Furry

OneEye

Big

William (Rbilly)

Maverick

Papa Rika

Jum

Fear aka Waspy

Orange

Bieber

Barfly

ASKER

Snakedoctor

Clint Eastwood

ME

Vmax

I don’t know how many of them are in the forums or if you are able to communicate with them but why not ask the players who are consistently playing the game? Perhaps ask what each would do with any map? When 20 players who play once a month, maybe, vote down changes….what purpose is served? If you play here, your say will be given the weight it deserves.

The Quang Tri maps just go on and on and on. It becomes boring and players leave. You guys know what the perfect maps are now – Hastings and Saigon 68. The playing time of both is just right imo.

Add the popular maps into the rotation twice.

I was chatting with Vmax, we talked about possibly having Friendly Fire Fridays where friendly fire is turned on for the day.

I would also like to see map change voting brought back. If but for one day a week. See how it goes.

These are some suggestions. Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion freely.

pinky

T

TonyB

Thank you for your prompt response Ice. I understand.

We were just on Quang Tri 1972. We are a good hour or more into the map with no end in sight so I quit. 8 players give or take those who come and go out of boredom. There has to be an easy way to put a timer on the game? They just go way too long with so few players.

Is it easy for Vmax to put Map Vote back in place?

T

TonyB

I was not implying that Vmax was not capable, I was asking if it was something he could easily do. You mentioned having to work with the files, tweaking them, and that you would have to check the map files.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Hi Pinky and anyone who is watching.

Map vote and friendly fire are just server settings that I can turn on or off with maybe a server restart to get them working.

BUT both have been trialed and over 90% of the players don't want them on the server.
That however doesn't mean we cant have a set day and time every week to run them such as Friendly Fire Friday or Map Vote Monday to give players a slightly different experience with the game once in a while. This will need me to stop and start so I will have to figure a time that suits most of the players and myself, remembering that I am not keen on getting out of bed at 3am my time to do it.

I won't be tweaking any map files so there will be no modded jeeps or altered map timers and I wont be deleting any maps.
However Admins have the power to change to a different map if they think it will benefit the server and players.

In Conclusion:
This is an All maps server and will stay so under my watch.

Last edited:

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I am using a different game key than when I started years ago so stuff your stats info where the sun don't shine.

This is was and remains an all maps server.

How will you drop time bombs with friendly fire off?

T

TonyB

Thank you Vmax.

I will be absent for a couple of weeks as I am working on my tax with a bunch of lovely ladies in Sarasota, Florida USA

Wish all my friendly noobs and noobettes could be here with me. Yes, I am the player you hate to love and love to hate.

pinky

Hellsfury99

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
Thank you Vmax.

I will be absent for a couple of weeks as I am working on my tax with a bunch of lovely ladies in Sarasota, Florida USA

Wish all my friendly noobs and noobettes could be here with me. Yes, I am the player you hate to love and love to hate.

pinky

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy the hand you've been dealt....

Capt. Canada

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Thank you Vmax.

pinky
Not sure if I should question going to Florida to work on his tax or question the bunch of lovely ladies.
I'm getting this image of a bespectacled accountant working on an ancient calculator with a bunch of receipts while Pinky frolics in the surf with the Golden Girls.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
5:37 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Not sure if I should question going to Florida to work on his tax or question the bunch of lovely ladies.
I'm getting this image of a bespectacled accountant working on an ancient calculator with a bunch of receipts while Pinky frolics in the surf with the Golden Girls.

He will be wearing a Hawaiian shirt with a hot blond on his arm I am sure :D

T

TonyB

Friends, I am happy to report that the beach and lovely ladies are still here! Siesta Key Beach, where the sand is as white and soft as powdered sugar. Yes, that soft. But it is so fine, it gets into everything. I have to shake my flip flops and other stuff several times to get it loose.

Having a great time. Weather back in Iowa is like 9 degrees, freezing - snowing. Horrible.

Should I stay here long? Costs around $200 a day to stay here. Ugh.

BTW, I had messages with our old buddy Robo. He tells me he is on his way back to the game. Canada, you come back too. We need you.

pinky

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
12:37 AM
Reaction score
T

TonyB

Pinky you should stay and seek the woman who has bunions. Top rated dating sites say these women will not say no to a dinner and movie if asked.
You could be batting a thousand for openers ! ;)

FYI, my last, long-term woman, had those and she was a royal pain in the ass. Slender. Good looking. Smart. Fun. But she had a problem with a certain liquid and when she had too much, she was a bee-otch of the third degree.

I am meeting a babe this evening in St. Petersburg. She is cute. Slender. Only a couple issues that concern me - she is Italian-Catholic. She tries being loud or bossy with me, it is over.

will report back.

pinky

Back