• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Who says lose the bad maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
7:39 AM
Reaction score
I don't think this is necessary. Most of the "bad" maps (Fall of Saigon, Cedar Falls, other maps that are too big for a few players) are moved to the end of the map rotation and therefore rarely, if ever, see play. Even if, theoretically, only 4 people were on and it got to one of those maps by way of natural progression, the map vote enables players to skip to a preferred map. There's not too much reason to get rid of maps when their actual negative impact is, honestly, negligible. And, if someone ever wanted to play it, or if the server was ever populated enough, the option is still there.

It might not be a poll option, but I'm saying no.

~The Deadliest Warrior

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
We had 20 players on Fall of Saigon and Cedar Falls tonight and it was awesome! Phallic had to sit them out because he said there were too many players :)

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:39 AM
Reaction score
I'm gonna say no, the main reason being....mapvote solved this issue. In my eyes it was a compromise. Those who wanted "bad" maps got to have them if they had the numbers....and the majority who hated "bad" maps get their way most of the time. If we had no map vote id be all for this, but we do.

Also, you would be taken more seriously if your vote were democratic and not a dictatorship where the only answer given can be yes.

Pinky, as you know, I stand by 90% of your opinions and ideas so you will have to forgive me on days like today when I sincerely disagree. Big hug buddy.

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Hi Pinky and all

The server is an All maps server and should stay that way so that it is actually possible to play all of the maps in my opinion. SK and Ice Skater have enabled the Map vote function so that the majority rules for what maps get played and this is sometimes good and sometimes bad as my favorite maps don't always get a run.

I am voting the invisible option that is NO to removing some maps.

As for keeping the server alive, its up to you players to support it ....or not. We won't be giving away free ice cream to keep you here so if you guys want the server to stay then you need to support it...

Love
Rob/Vmax

T

TonyB

I was shitting around Robo.

Vmax, see you on FB.

As far as the game goes, I am done. It has been a great ride, for the most part. I made some friends along the way. Some of you I chat with by cell phone anyways.

The game is dead. Over. Finished. Grizz and his clan I have not seen play in a long time. I don't see admins playing either. It is to the point of no return. There's no fixing it. Even if they removed the bad maps, the game will remain dead. I removed Teamspeak long ago.

Thanks for all.

pinky

T

TonyB

Hey Barfly, I will miss you too.

Barfly, you only have four posts? That can't be right. You won't miss me unless you don't get on TS. Rice just called and told me that Vmax was on TS. It hadn't been working so I removed it some time ago. I got it installed again and now am chatting with Vmax and Rice via TS. Very nice to hear their voices.

Get on TS Bar, love to chat with you about my friend Trump!

pinky

vietminh

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Goodbye Pinky, I'm sorry that you're leaving, because....umm, because hello is an all maps server?

T

TonyB

vietminh said:
Goodbye Pinky, I'm sorry that you're leaving, because....umm, because hello is an all maps server?

You are so cute Vietminh. I'm so glad that Shaun and SK let you back onto the server. This proves my point. Twit.

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Pinky,

I thought you had left. Well, welcome back!

While you stay here, please don't call people names. Everyone treats you with respect and we expect you to reciprocate.

vietminh

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
pinky said:
vietminh said:

You are so cute Vietminh. I'm so glad that Shaun and SK let you back onto the server. This proves my point. Twit.

Ya I've noticed that many things prove your point. I guess that means you're right about stuff, jeez, if we had only been listening to your sage wisdom all these years and gotten rid of cedar falls and nagi - absolutely everything would be different now for realz!

Good riddance.

hard_rice

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Sending PM's and harassing other players should not be tolerated. Vietmin it has been reported to me that you are sending harassing PM's to players that do not think as you do. There is nothing in the rules to cover this. You sent me harassing PM's when you were allowed back in after your ban. Now you are harassing other players.

You are more trouble than you are worth.

Vietmin what could you possibly hope to discuss in a PM that you could not discuss in the open forum?

hard_rice

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I don't think its skaters signature, but rather a quote from IceSkater himself. Referring to the time that Skater put his foot down and kicked Vietminh and Nuclear I believe. It seems to be more of a homage rather than derision in my book. But, you will have to ask Vietminh what he meant by it.

Also, rice, if you have evidence of harassment via PM then please post it so we can take action.

T

TonyB

BOOM

ONLINE PLAYERS
Rank Name Score Time Played
1. [VN] Gold Profile (+3)28 12:08
2. NoBiKun (+15)24 18:07
3. Viet Ngoc (+5)18 2:02:12
4. [DS]Kuroyukihime (+2)17 1:02:06
5. [VN] Tiny 11 42:06
6. [CRO] Luigi (+2)8 1:58:12
6. [VN] StickMan (+2)8 54:02
8. Franklin (+1)7 44:04
8. LoNe WoLf[GER] (+3)7 50:09
10. Crazymlh 6 58:07
10. ThaiHoatheMLGPro 6 40:09
12. .Kung Lao 5 1:04:07
13. [VN] Ch Nhn 4 2:42:09
13. V Danh 4 18:07
15. [CRO] Brx (+2)3 2:00:12
15. - MIG 17 - (+1)3 20:07
15. Dick Tater (+2)3 2:02:12
18. [VN]Gia-Huy 2 2:02:12
18. Spoonface 2 1:06:08
20. [VN] i am noob 1 16:07
21. [VN] Bao Pham 0 30:08
21. QuangHung 0 1:28:09
21. (VN)Nguyen Tan Phat 0 1:22:09
21. QuangHuy 0 1:30:0

T

TonyB

SellOut said:
Pinky,

I thought you had left. Well, welcome back!

While you stay here, please don't call people names. Everyone treats you with respect and we expect you to reciprocate.

I put you on the same level. Twit.

vietminh

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
hard_rice said:
Sending PM's and harassing other players should not be tolerated. Vietmin it has been reported to me that you are sending harassing PM's to players that do not think as you do. There is nothing in the rules to cover this. You sent me harassing PM's when you were allowed back in after your ban. Now you are harassing other players.

You are more trouble than you are worth.

Vietmin what could you possibly hope to discuss in a PM that you could not discuss in the open forum?

hard_rice

Hard_Rice I haven't spoken to you in weeks and I don't want anything to do with you because I can tell you still harbour resentment towards me, but since you've chosen to involve yourself here and falsely accuse me of things I unfortunately have to reply.

You've twice distorted the truth in your post in a very blatant way.

1) I never sent you harassing PM's, I sent you an apology and an olive branch over a misunderstanding we had that, you responded with some false accusations so I responded back. You brought the issue to the administration (by sneakily attaching Iceskater to our exchange) but no action was taken because it really and truly wasn't harassment.

2) As for Pinky, you're insinuating I have something to hide when I don't. I made my thoughts on the way Pinky has acted on the forums and the way he has treated Shaun very clear here:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7835&start=20

Since the topic was locked I couldn't reply to pinkys slander, so I PM'd him. Here is our complete exchange:

vietminh said:
Just for the record I didn't beg for anything. I asked for a chance and was given it and I've continued to prove myself as a dedicated, rule abiding player.

As for rice, I regret what happened and I twice apologized for bating him. But ultimately he's an adult and his actions and the consequences of them are under his control not mine. I may have done something wrong but I didn't blame other people for my actions. I took responsibility and served my ban without evasion. In the end he got his privileges back it seems anyhow.

I used to agree with you on how this server should be run but seeing you taunt a kid who's just trying to do his best and contribute something and seeing you completely ignore a great victory for the community because it didn't come in the way you wanted made me lose all respect for you. You don't really want things to change as much as you just wanna bitch and complain about how the server would have been better all these years if everyone agreed with you.

So I hope you're satisfied, you'll be remembered by a small cadre of people who probably didn't read anything you actually said. But for those who did you're just the grown ass man who left because he didn't get what he wanted and couldn't control his emotions enough to not insult someone who isn't old enough to buy a beer.

Good job Pinky

pinky said:
Go fuck yourself asshole. You proved what an ass you are when you pulled all the shit you pulled tripping up Rice. What a fucking bully you are.

Furthermore, I have chatted with a number of players who are quite impressed with your intelligence. Like they said, if they didn't know for sure, you manage to blow your horn to make sure they knew.

As for Shaun, maybe he needs to grow a set. I don't give a shit that he can't buy a beer. Could care less.

I really don't care what you think either. You mention "small cadre" - little do you know. The guys you think are your friends .... yeah. Good luck.

Enjoy your dying server. Shaun and SK aren't intelligent enough to see how many players you ran off. Hey, are you still leading that teeny kid around? Your tag-along? lol

Get real.

I know you're friends with Pinky but my advice is to not get caught up in his ugly and immature exit from the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back