• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Events.

michuneo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
This topics keeps getting back so I taught I'll give it a go.

How about making an event some weekend. It could be World War 2 mod, Team-Kill enabled vanilla, racing (Don Pedro might not enjoy it ;) :evil: ), maybe some cool maps proposed by players. I recall shitloads of fun on low-gravity mode which is easily adjustable, Pattons are flying like birds :D There's plenty of ideas, some easier (TK); some would need more hassle like downloading maps but most of hardcore fans will sacrifice I'm sure.
My proposition is 24hrs "window" so Aussies can enjoy Sunday morning while USA will slowly join last Europeans playing Saturday night (looks like Fridays / Sat. morning in Australia are more empty, people have lives!] - it's still an "event" so obviously it can't be longer than that, but again whole world should have a 'glimpse' of it.

It would be a good excuse to update 'event' section [which still refers to 1.2 ;) ] and show everyone that the community is still alive and active.

What are your feelings about that folks? Any ideas?

Game awaits, see ya on the battlefield ;)

Grizz

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Without knowing at all how we would pull it off organizationally, I do think it could be fun. I especially like the thought you gave to the window of time to maximize players.

~The Deadliest Warrior

T

TonyB

I would be up for this but would need complete instructions on how we would download/install anything locally.

pinky

michuneo

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:42 AM
Reaction score
pinky said:
I would be up for this but would need complete instructions on how we would download/install anything locally.

pinky

Yes, WWII mod requires making a quick post with a download link so anyone not having it can install it (WWII-mod exe installer is already on the Google Drive).

With extra maps it's a bit more tricky as it requires user to move desired map by navigating to c:/Program files/EA GAMES/Battlefield Vietnam/Mods/BfVietnam/Archive/BfVietnam/Levels - and pasting it there - that's it.

Team Kill or Low Grav have advantages of not requiring any changes on player side.

I'd start with TK as it's easy to switch on and I have a feeling was the most desired feature so far (many of non-ex-Hello players) but we might have as much fun rotating 4 wwII maps all over for 24hrs, this is a great mod and unlike some other custom built maps - 100% working :)

El Alamein said:
I especially like the thought you gave to the window of time to maximize players.

Cheers Deadly! Well it's just an awesome thing to play at Greenwich midnight with mates from States or Australia at the same time in'it :D

By the way, it's a good excuse to invite people on TeamSpeak during that event again. HELLO TS community is unique! x)

Grizz

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
The WWII mod would be sick. Also, another really fun BFV mod is called Eve of Destruction. So good, and very historically accurate. Fun gameplay, great soundtrack, cool maps. I highly recommend it.

~The Deadliest Warrior

Back