• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Operation Cedar Falls Improvements

Rambo FlamingDart

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
Some people don't like this map due to it's flag distances but they like the tunnel section,
(already discussed here: http://forum.helloclan.eu/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=2887)
So I'd like to talk about my following suggestions to improve the gameplay. Feel free to comment anything.

1. Replace the M113 at US Armor Base by a Zippo (The flag at F4 where the Ontos are)
    This would allow the US Side to have a covered transport vehicle and anyway, the Zippo was thought to appear there during development (see http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Zippo)
    The Zippo was originally found on Operation Cedar Falls, at the US armor base in place of the M113, but was replaced before the game's release for unknown reasons. This is evident because the M113 replacing the Zippo on this map spawns under the template ZippoSpawner.
    latest

2. Add flag points to:
    • Ben Co (E7) (+ an ammunition box):Will allow Viet Cong to attack US Main Base without the need to run through the whole map. Additionally the entrance fortification at Chu Chi base will serve a purpose.
    • Add all the Flags inside the tunnels from the "cedar falls tunnels only" map: So tunnel war can take place when one team lost all the above ground flags.

TheNME

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
to be Honest the best changes to make in my opinion would be adding more jeeps, It wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have to run so far all the time

Rambo FlamingDart

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:15 PM
Reaction score
More jeeps will only serve a purpose at the beginning of a round. After that they will just remain out in the terrain and everything is the same as before.
So I see them not as a solution even this change has been suggested for many maps.

El Alamein

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:15 PM
Reaction score
I see more jeeps as a relatively non-intrusive, easy change to implement that may not solve every issue with the map, but can certainly make it better.

~The Deadliest Warrior

Back