• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Things Scarlet Finds Amusing

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
In the relationship?

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
4:28 PM
Reaction score
How is that not cool, Tankboy? >_< It's freaking hilarious!

And CB, by "in the relationship" I mean friendship or acquaintancy or whatever. In this case, my relationship with my forum buddies on here.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
ScarletTourniquet said:
And CB, by "in the relationship" I mean friendship or acquaintancy or whatever. In this case, my relationship with my forum buddies on here.

Oh, and here I was thinking that it was the relationship that we were having.

Hrmph.

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
GunRunner said:
ScarletTourniquet said:

Oh, and here I was thinking that it was the relationship that we were having.

Hrmph.

^SHHH!!! They weren't supposed to know!!!

Also. Here's an original song that I wrote with my friend. He's playing guitar. I'm singing.
http://soundcloud.com/sacrleh/picnic-bitchez-i-love-you

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
ScarletTourniquet said:
Also. Here's an original song that I wrote with my friend. He's playing guitar. I'm singing.
http://soundcloud.com/sacrleh/picnic-bitchez-i-love-you

Alright, it's a good song, but I have two problems with it, and please don't take any offense to the following:

1) I thought you were female; and well, you basically sounded like a male.

2) Who ever was the studio engineer/producer completely botched the reverb and echo on the vocal track.

As a musician myself, I do understand fully understand that criticism against an original track can hurt. So please, don't be upset. Just make note of what I said, and use it for future reference.

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Not offended at all. I know I can sound like a dude. I have a low voice for a chick. I sing a tenor range (literally a tenor range. As low as Bb in the bass stave. I can hit alto notes but it's somewhat weak atm and sounds more like weak, breathy falsetto than strong head voice... I'm working on that...).

And as for the recording. I know it's not fantastic. It was done by a Cert IV Sound Production student at TAFE (I don't know how to explain TAFE to you... It's not uni or college... It's more practical and hands on than that... But it's along those lines. Similar to America's technical college I think). He's learning and I don't think he's done that much mixing so this would be his first real project. He didn't do a terrible job for his first attempt.

-EDIT-

There aren't that many non-musical people who would pick up on the recording quality though because they wouldn't realise how good it -could- sound if things had been done different. They're just happy enough to appreciate the song itself.

-EDIT-

I'm not sure how I can take your first problem into account though... It's not like I can change where I'm most comfortable in my vocal range... Lol xD I can make it so I'm comfortable singing at any range over time but the tenor will always be my most comfortable range.

RyanCooper

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:28 AM
Reaction score
You may sound like a male because the guys singing sound like girls (cuz they have a nice voice).. anyways.. you sing very well..

Tedde

Forum Rookie
SITE ADMIN
REGISTERED
Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
Theodor Forselius
That was really good scarlet

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Wheeeeee thanks ^__^

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Scarlet, in not any particular order:

- You have a nice voice for your vocal range, but I think the style and message of the song requires a vocal range an octave or two above yours.

- I'm still annoyed with the mixing and mastering of your song.

- I think that you would be better singing songs that have a style that reflects your voice. That is, this particular song doesn't help your qualities. Perhaps a style that is a bit darker?

- If you want, I can remix your recording. But, I would need the raw vocal track and guitar track as separate files without the added effects to the tracks.

Just some ideas.

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well you're the first person I've had tell me the song doesn't suit my voice. Lol.

And if I want to remix it, I have people here who could do that for me. But that would be a bit insulting to the guy who mixed it in the first place and I'd rather not do that to him.

Cpl.AJ

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony So
MOTHER!? xD

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Msn chat history. Purple text is me.

255782_10150220933428129_513563128_7379501_6982734_n.jpg

Cpl.AJ

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Anthony So
SucceededKiller said:
Omg...you cant tell me you sit and watch/listen to that...what a waste of peoples lives... :?
Scarly aint the only one who finds this amusing... My girlfriend is a very interesting girl ._.

Back