• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

Things Scarlet Finds Amusing

Cpt. Giggles

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
Witch craft. Crazy Japs... lol!

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
Regardless, it is still one of the coolest things I have seen all year so far.

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I nyan'd for 5k seconds 2 days ago... Granted it was left on while I went for a shower... But not the point...

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Well I guess I can put this here. I'm a massive Glee fan so it comes under the category of things that amuse me.

However, their cover of Fleetwood Mac's Songbird (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddLqVSf7VQU) wasn't so much amusing as it is moving. I shed a tear or two when I watched it. It's stunningly beautiful and they did a fantastic job on all their Fleetwood Mac covers.

CommandoBeta

Grand Master
REGISTERED
Local time
8:29 AM
Reaction score
I only saw one song by Glee: their cover of 'Livin' on a Prayer'. They totally ruined the song...:(

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
ScarletTourniquet said:
Well I guess I can put this here. I'm a massive Glee fan so it comes under the category of things that amuse me.

I know this is your thread Scarlet....

But, if you are talking about the TV show "Glee"....

I cannot stand that program.

Basically its a mixture of American Idle [or in reality "pick any country 'idle'"] and a generic American SitCom.

When ever Glee comes on, I find better things to do; like vacuuming the lint off of the toilet paper.

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
I think you mean Idol?

But at any rate. That's your opinion and that's fine. People either love the show or they hate it. Or they hate the show and love the music. Me? I love it all. I don't think they've ruined anything. I'm a big fan of a lot of songs they've done in the past and because they stuck their own spin on the songs, people hated them. But how many covers of anything do you like? I know most of the time I cringe because it's not the same as the original that I loved. Well really it depends which I hear first because that's usually the one I like more.

But there isn't a single Glee song that I dislike. I think they are wonderfully talented people and they've even introduced me to a lot of great songs. I love the fact that they did a Fleetwood Mac episode (their newest episode actually). No, they're not Fleetwood Mac. No they don't sound the same. But I love every song that they did and I love the Fleetwood Mac originals too.

-EDIT-

Also, Livin' on a Prayer was a mash up and they did a fantastic job of that too.

GunRunner

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
ScarletTourniquet said:
I think you mean Idol?

Yeah, I meant "Idol", but in retrospect, I think "Idle" is more fitting.

ScarletTourniquet said:
But how many covers of anything do you like?

The Cowboy Junkies' cover of "Sweet Jane" is way better than Lou Reed's original.

My cover of "Mad World" is better than Gary Jules cover and Tears for Fears original :p

ScarletTourniquet

Just Joined
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
So... 2 covers out of billions of covers? I rest my case =P

Back