• Need to report a player? Or a server issue? Or just need help? Use our helpdesk! Click here and open a ticket for faster response times!

RIP COSMO

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Blueheeler It is my sad duty to inform you all that Jerry Davis AKA COSMO past away from a lung illness on Thursday the 12/5/2016.
he will be sadly missed by me as we had become real friends and would talk for hours on the phone, and exchange gifts in the post.
I salute you Jerome Davis for you served your country in the USA army and continued to serve your community as a volunteer fire fighter.
HOOROO COBBER see you on the other side.
Bob AKA blue heeler

Vmax

Regular Poster
-[HELLO]-BFV
-[HELLO]-BF1942
DONATOR
REGISTERED
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Real Name
RatFink
Hi Guys

I have fond memories of chatting about Aussy horse racing with Cosmo(Jerry) while shooting sa7s at his F4 on Flaming Dart. RIP mate :(

Regards
Rob/Vmax

RoBoDuCk

Forum Rookie
REGISTERED
Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
I wrote this elsewhere but I will post here too...

Sad indeed...

I think he was an older gentleman. Cosmo grew up in the town where I currently live. He was a great guy, if not a bit fiery from time to time (much like we all are when pressed). According to what he told me, he was also Veteran, who loved his country and ran his own business. We used to have long talks about the perils and rewards of entrepreneurship. :lol:

He changed his player name often so not many, other than admins, would recognize him in-game, but he was VERY active and very vocal. His fave thing to do was grab the M-110 on Albany and pound the USA. He was very good at it too.

I spoke with him less toward the end, as I began spending more time on TeamSpeak. In some ways I regret not talking with him more. At least we parted on good terms. He reminded me that this world is small, and to be as friendly as possible, even in a dumb little game, because you never know what kind of friend you will meet!

I hope this is a mistake and you're not gone buddy, but if you are, rest in peace... :'(

HoloDuke

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Rest in Peace Cosmo.

SucceededKiller

Elite Poster
SITE ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
6:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Ryan
That's really sad to hear., but he's certainly left a lasting mark on a lot of us, and BFV.

I didn't know him very well, but you could always count on him to add something...interesting to a conversation.

He never seemed to let anything get to him, and just had fun playing the game and sharing his dinner plans.

It's nice to know he made some real friends during his time here with us, and I wish them and his family all the best for the future and coping through this difficult time.

I've added a message to the server announcements so people can find out and come here if they want to leave messages.

One of our players, Cosmo, unfortunately
passed away on the 12/5/2016.
If you would like to leave a message or
share a story about him, you can do so at:
bfv/cosmo

Perhaps his family would be interested in knowing how the people he spent some of his spare time with saw and thought of him, as he was certainly a regular and vocal player on our server and had an impact on us all, but that would be up to you, blueheeler.

Local time
7:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys :) i'll forward all the posts to Mike, Jerry's brother Via email so the more posts, the more we show that he had friends on this game and that he made his mark on some of us and we will miss him.
cheers
Bob
this is the email I received of the news

hi bob this is jerrys brother mike jd lost his battle with his lung problem last night he is now with god and no more pain and suffering for jd you have been a good friend to jd he always liked hearing from you so thank bob , jd says t you much and good day mates you can give me e mail if you like talk to you soon bye for now

Rip my cobber

maddog

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
3:29 AM
Reaction score
Such sad news , he really was an example of Humanity @ it's best. Always put a smile on my dial when we we're playing BFV. Ay cobber , just listen for a Coo'ee on the other-side , cause we're not too far behind you nowadays. '' Dance amongst the Stars as you've never danced before ''.

mRoRange

Regular Poster
BATTLEFIELD VIETNAM ADMIN
-[HELLO]-BFV
REGISTERED
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
Hi All,

Its sad to hear JD passed away. JD / Cosmo was a good guy and enjoyed playing BVF. When you hear bad news like this happen its really hard to quantify some of the constant bickering of cheating, and many other minor infractions.

He was a vet, and a proud American who lived on the west coast in Washington. I was supposed to go fishing a few hours away where he lived last year and I was going to meet up with him in person. I regret not making that trip now. He always had a positive attitude and a sense of humor. He met president Regan at one point in his life and was very proud of that experience.

Remember JD and all the fun times you have had on the server with him and his jokes, its not as bad as so many make it out to be. Obviously, we all have a connection here and keep coming back for some reason. Everybody gets something out of playing this game and being on the server, whether its manning a tank, plane, heli or using a weapon of choice.

Play the game and enjoy it. You never know how long it will be available to play when you want.

Cheers,

Orange

T

TonyB

I was saddened to hear of Cosmos passing. He always said hey to me in-game. I called him "Cosmos". He was a good sport, a fine player. Cosmos play was always good. A challenge for me at least.

Rest in Peace Cosmos and may you continue to enjoy the game.

See you in the game.

pinky

Kn3wn

Normal Poster
REGISTERED
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
Real Name
Wayne Campbell
Always sad to hear when someone passes. I didn't know how very well but he was always a kind guy.
Rest in peace and I wish nothing but well being and prayers to his family and friends.

We will never forget your kindness and humor, Sincerely
~Wayne.

Deltoya

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
5:29 PM
Reaction score
DEP COSMO
Tus Compañeros de BFV nunca te olvidaran.
Un abrazo muy fuerte para toda tu Familia y Amigos.
BFV4EVER

{AIR}Piet

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
Always sad to hear that someone is deceased.
Wish his family and friends lots of strength.

Sgt.Barnes

Forum Newbie
REGISTERED
Local time
Reaction score
We are a family and it is sad when on of us dies. I remember Flowerpower and now Cosmos. R.I.P guys, I am sure they are looking down with sadness wishing they could be here with us playing BFV.

Back